Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Tourney (11/27, 11/28) (Bentley, LSSU, RPI, Union)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Tourney (11/27, 11/28) (Bentley, LSSU, RPI, Union)

First round: Union vs. Lake State and RPI vs. Bentley.

It's time for RPI to stop being the gracious hosts and win their tourney for the first time since 2001-2.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI Tourney (11/27, 11/28) (Bentley, LSSU, RPI, Union)

Early prediction has Union and RPI facing off in the title game, and I don't have a prediction for that game.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'll second this early prediction, but I'm going to wait until after Bentley and LSSU play their league games before "officially" weighing in.

Personally, I'd be happy with having the championship game being played at 7 (for only the 4th time in 10 years! ) and the boys playing a nice, hard-fought game.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        Personally, I'd be happy with having the championship game being played at 7 (for only the 4th time in 10 years! ) and the boys playing a nice, hard-fought game.
        Has it been that long that the change was made so that RPI played the late game whether or not it was the championship game? I thought that it's only been about two years, so in all of the previous years (whether or not RPI was in the championship game), it was the late game.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Has it been that long since RPI played the late game whether or not it's the championship game? I thought that it's only been about two years, so in all of the previous years (whether or not RPI was in the championship game), it was the late game.
          If I remember correctly, it did indeed start in the 2007 edition, but it only came into play last year when RPI played in the consolation game, since RPI (barely) made it to the title game in '07.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            If I remember correctly, it did indeed start in the 2007 edition, but it only came into play last year when RPI played in the consolation game, since RPI (barely) made it to the title game in '07.
            Ralph should remember that as he was there to see it.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

From the comments made by coach SA-it sure sounded like Lee may not be back in the line up for the tournament. All the others should be available at full strength unless there is something we have not been made aware of. Personally I would like to see an RPI/LSSU final to bring back memories of the mid eighties when we had soome important business between these 2 schools. I was at the 2 games in 1985 in Troy and the following year IIRC the Lakers were in Troy for the Xmas tournament which we also attended.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Has it been that long that the change was made so that RPI played the late game whether or not it was the championship game? I thought that it's only been about two years, so in all of the previous years (whether or not RPI was in the championship game), it was the late game.
                My apologies. My limited exposure to RPI history had me assume that we had always played in the late game.

"When you assume, you make an azz out of u and me"... yadda yadda.

Anyways, I am hopeful that RPI will be playing in the championship game on Thanksgiving weekend.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  Ralph should remember that as he was there to see it.
                  Actually, I have been trying to forget that game. Remember that when we met at the F4 last spring, I didn't recognize you immediately? That's because I have been trying to forget that game.

Jordan Alford did play well in the shootout.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    My apologies. My limited exposure to RPI history had me assume that we had always played in the late game.

"When you assume, you make an azz out of u and me"... yadda yadda.

Anyways, I am hopeful that RPI will be playing in the championship game on Thanksgiving weekend.
                    No problem, just at my age, I am always worried that the memory is going.

So far, starting this thread hasn't brought out any fans of the other three teams.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Actually, I have been trying to forget that game. Remember that when we met at the F4 last spring, I didn't recognize you immediately? That's because I have been trying to forget that game.

Jordan Alford did play well in the shootout.
                      That's a real nice excuse there. You could've just blamed it on me wearing a Bemidji State jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        That's a real nice excuse there. You could've just blamed it on me wearing a Bemidji State jersey.

That was in awful game. I still can say that I have been to every RPI-AIC that was not an RPI win, having also attended the game in 65-66. RPI came close to ending that this year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So far, starting this thread hasn't brought out any fans of the other three teams.
                          I'll check in and display my usual ignorance. Which team would be favored in the Union LSSU matchup? I am not particularly familiar with the Lakers. It will be interesting to see if Leaman is going to start a goalie rotation. I'll stick out my neck and predict that RPI will make the final with a convincing win v. Bentley.

I assume tickets should be readily available at the door with students away. I could buy tickets from the Union box office but if memory serves we'll be in the dreaded blue seats.

Comment

I'll be providing video for all 4 of the weekend games via Ustream. It seems that on Friday, I may be running a one man show (instead of the usual 10-12 of us that run the broadcast), so the production quality won't be anywhere near our normal standards. Saturday's games should have a larger crew.

I'm planning on rooting for Union on Friday, then vehemently rooting against them on Saturday.
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              I'll check in and display my usual ignorance. Which team would be favored in the Union LSSU matchup? I am not particularly familiar with the Lakers. It will be interesting to see if Leaman is going to start a goalie rotation. I'll stick out my neck and predict that RPI will make the final with a convincing win v. Bentley.

I assume tickets should be readily available at the door with students away. I could buy tickets from the Union box office but if memory serves we'll be in the dreaded blue seats.
                              I wouldn't expect there to be any ticket issues at all. And yeah, if you bought them from Union, I'd suspect you'll be tucked away up in the corner in the 20s, although with the allotments for other teams, who knows how they'd arrange things. They might put you in the corner over in section 2 instead.

You're certainly better off walking up.

Comment

Working...
                              X