Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Tourney (11/27, 11/28) (Bentley, LSSU, RPI, Union)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Tourney (11/27, 11/28) (Bentley, LSSU, RPI, Union)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Welcome to a nerd school, where even after the sheepskin, we don't drop the habit. :P
    I know a fair bit about the geology program at RIP, once having applied for a position in that department. But, will be my first visit for a hockey game. Thanks for the additional parking tips. Will attend both games on Friday, as a geology colleague from Union will want to see the first game also.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      .... a geology colleague from Union will want to see the first game also.
      We've got a premium seat reserved just for him --- right behind the Zambonis ....
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

As promised, my "official" prediction: RPI takes the crown for the 17th time, and the first time since December 2001, by defeating Lake Superior. Union ties Lake Superior in the Friday game, but loses the shootout and then beats Bentley to go undefeated in the month of November.

I think that the 6th period will have a more devastating effect on Lake Superior than RPI, which is what enables RPI to take home the trophy.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          I think that the 6th period will have a more devastating effect on Lake Superior than RPI, which is what enables RPI to take home the trophy.
          We've been talking for years about the dreaded third period.

Perhaps if we think about it as the sixth period, rather than the third, it will work better.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            We've been talking for years about the dreaded third period.

Perhaps if we think about it as the sixth period, rather than the third, it will work better.
            It's strange that no one has done that yet. Oh wait.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

As promised, my "official" prediction: RPI takes the crown for the 17th time, and the first time since December 2001, by defeating Lake Superior. Union ties Lake Superior in the Friday game, but loses the shootout and then beats Bentley to go undefeated in the month of November.

Phew, that's a pretty detailed prediction. The only thing you didn't have was the score in the Friday shootout.

BTW, has Union ever played in the Holdiay Tournament before? I don't seem to recall any prior appearances.

I picked up my tix at HFH this a.m. and was told that the parking shuttle from the Alumni House lot will be operating for early and late games. Also watched a bit of practice while there and will be forwarding my report to Schenectady.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                BTW, has Union ever played in the Holdiay Tournament before? I don't seem to recall any prior appearances.
                I can understand overlooking their previous five.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  It's strange that no one has done that yet. Oh wait.
                  This is where I got the idea to call it the sixth period. Perhaps I should have put a copyright mark in my prediction post...

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  I thought Ralph had addressed this in one of the opening posts, but apparently not (it must have been one of the e-mails sent to the RPI-sports list). Anyways, this awesome site gives detailed info about the history of the RPI tourney. Union is 2-8 coming into this season, playing in the 1989-91 editions (2-4, including losing each of the first-round match-ups against RPI) and the 1998 and 99 editions (0-4, where all of their foes were non-Capital District teams).
                  Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    I can understand overlooking their previous five.
                    Memory is the second thing to go.

Comment

This is where I got the idea to call it the sixth period. Perhaps I should have put a copyright mark in my prediction post...
                      Well, that's because RC knows what he's talking about. He's rarely wrong.

I am going to enjoy all 4 of these games.

Comment

I realize this is kind of a short week with the Holiday possibly interfering with news releases but has anything new come out about our injured boys? I haven't found anything as yet.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I thought Ralph had addressed this in one of the opening posts, but apparently not (it must have been one of the e-mails sent to the RPI-sports list).
                          Credit where credit is due. Again, I stole this from RC. His latest blog post at withoutapeer.blogspot has the info on the holiday tournament, including the record of each team at this event.
                          Go Red!!

Comment

Bentley over Brown last night 3-2. Certainly should give them a bit of momentum coming into the tournament. If we're healthy and play our game we should be fine though.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              ... If we're healthy and play our game we should be fine though.
                              I certainly hope we can turn your "if" into "when"...
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Momentum from game to game is a total myth. You create your own momentum, shift by shift, not game by game.

Comment

Working...
                                X