2010 Frozen Four - Detroit - Fans Helping Fans Travel Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Frozen Four - Detroit - Fans Helping Fans Travel Guide

The zoo is as awesome as ever. The funding has somehow survived all the massive cuts. The tunnel that goes under the polar bears is one of the coolest zoo features I've ever seen.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      As far as the Big House goes I was disappointed but it was interesting to see anyway. From outside it looks like an insignificant place. It looks like the Yale Bowl but bigger.
      If any posters do go to Ann Arbor, don't forget to see Yost Arena. Keep in mind that the USCHO posters will be playing hockey there Saturday, at noon. Come and meet some of the posters you visit with here in the forum, and watch them play a game of hockey at old Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by tennisbum View Post
        Lokks like it's about .7 miles to Ford Field (Washington Blvd.-Park-Witherell-Adams-Brush). Looks safe enough to walk to the games Thur. and Sat. but how about coming back?
        Considering that we will all be leaving the game at the same time, you will be walking with a bunch of people. I know I'm not worried about it.

One thing that will make you feel a little more comfortable- the sidewalks are very, very wide, so you can bias yourself away from dark corners and whatnot- if that kind of thing makes you nervous.

So many people are staying at the Book, HIX, and Fort Shelby that there should be a great crowd walking back to the hotels both nights.

Comment

Is it too early to get a look at the long range weather forecast for the Detroit area??
          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
            Is it too early to get a look at the long range weather forecast for the Detroit area??
            No.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              No.
              Thanks!!
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                Thanks!!
                http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Detroit.html
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Just a little update...Ford Field has been open the last couple days. If anyone wants to walk in the front doors on Brush Street and check out the setup, check it out. It really is not what I expected. When I went by yesterday I was impressed. I did not venture into the upper bowl, but from the concourse and sections 103 to section 138 that I walked through.
                  MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

This is a random question, but are there any soccer bars in the vicinity of Ford Field? (Or, more generally, sports bars with DirecTV?) A friend and I are hoping to be able to catch a match on Thursday afternoon at 3, before the first semifinal.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      This is a random question, but are there any soccer bars in the vicinity of Ford Field? (Or, more generally, sports bars with DirecTV?) A friend and I are hoping to be able to catch a match on Thursday afternoon at 3, before the first semifinal.
                      Downtown there is not exactly a "soccer bar" but there was quite a gathering for world cup games at the old Bookies a few years ago. Their new location is at 2208 Cass Ave. However they are a designated Frozen Four host bar, so it may just be too hockey-crazy this weekend.
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        What's soccer?

Comment

For those purchasing tickets from StubHub at the last minute...they have an office located at 1555 Broadway Street, just 2 blocks from Ford Field where you can pick up tickets that you purchase in advance.

They also do sales on the spot there in case you go into Detroit without tickets and are looking to pick some up from a reliable source.
                          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                            Final plea - looking for ride to Plymouth, MI (~30 min) for game 4 of Windsor Spitfires vs. Plymouth Whalers (OHL). The Spits are the defending Memorial Cup champions and are up by 2 games (game 3 is tonight).

The rosters:
                            http://www.plymouthwhalers.com/players.html
                            http://www.windsorspitfires.com/roster.php

It should be a great game and I will be allowed to shoot it IF I can get there and obviously I need to let them know ASAP.

Please!!!

-Melissa
                            I'm not going either way, but I was browsing around a few different sites and couldn't find available tickets anywhere.
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              This might have been posted earlier, but the Detroit Transportation Corp. is offering FF fans weekend passes for the Peoplemoverfor $5. They are good from Thursday to midnight Saturday. You can pick them up at their office at 1420 Washington Blvd, 3rd floor.
                              Avoid the PeopleMover at all costs. The locals call it the MuggerMover for a reason. You're safer walking the streets alone at night then you are riding the MuggerMover during peek traffic times.
                              Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                                Avoid the PeopleMover at all costs. The locals call it the MuggerMover for a reason. You're safer walking the streets alone at night then you are riding the MuggerMover during peek traffic times.
                                Good tip, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X