RPI @ Niagara 11/18/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Niagara 11/18/09

Started this a tad early-hope I am forgiven-I will not be around most of the day tomorrow and may not be back in time to follow this thread. Please post as completely as always. Good luck to the boys-this is a road game we can win. Even without several of our injured players who I hope quickly recover. Go Red! Make us all proud.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Re: RPI @ Niagara 11/18/09

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    FlagDUDE08         1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Red Cloud          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Ralph Baer         0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    fr joe             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    engineerhockeyfan 14-16- 4 32 points  .471
    fr joe            13-21- 4 30 points  .395
    Ralph Baer        10-20- 5 25 points  .357
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         10- 1- 1 21 points  .875
    GRussinko          7-11- 0 14 points  .389
    rpihockeyfan13     5- 4- 0 10 points  .556
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3- 9- 3  9 points  .300
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    FlagDUDE08         3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Waite21            0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll be there. Probably won't hear "RED" from me on the radio, but you may hear some of my rooting on of our team.

Comment

I just hope that the team is taking this game seriously. I know that I am not, because it has little significance in the big picture, but a win is a win.
        We will be short a couple of regulars again, and that should get the replacement players up for a chance to show Appert their stuff.
        We should win this game, but it won't be easy. The team is going to need to be ready to play.

LETS GO RED!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

This year’s RPI team certainly appears to be better than any of its three predecessors during the Appert era but it is still not good enough to be able to afford to take any opponent for granted.

I think it's interesting to note that Niagara, winless coming into tonight's game has scored 25 goals and given up 38 thus far this season.

By comparison, Army (who, in case anyone has forgotten, was also winless before they played RPI) has scored 23 and given up 40.

Comment

Hmm... Mid week game against winless foe. One long bus ride. We need to be mentally sharp and execute our game. Niagara has played several OT games and has had success against us in the last few years. They'll be motivated for that first win of the season.
            Here we come!

Comment

Off for the day but trying like heck to arrange things to be back in time for the game-Life doesnt seem right when I miss an RPI hockey game. Joe got it right-a long bus ride and a lightly taken opponent could spell trouble. I am hoping we can find a way to score early and often-need to build those offensive stats a bit. I am sure Niagara is not taking us lightly-we owe them the exact same courtesy. Mid week games always seem to not only feel odd but play out that way also.

Comment

Niagara's record is deceptive. They have played two games against Colgate and UMass, and games against Michigan and Cornell. Not an easy schedule. My expectation tonight, though, is that we are simply adding to that difficult schedule.

Tonight's forecast? Purple Rain.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Started this a tad early-hope I am forgiven-I will not be around most of the day tomorrow and may not be back in time to follow this thread. Please post as completely as always. Good luck to the boys-this is a road game we can win. Even without several of our injured players who I hope quickly recover. Go Red! Make us all proud.
                  Better get that "Dreaded 2nd Period" comment in early then Doc!

There is no reason for the engineers to take this one lightly tonight. We lost to Army and we are coming off of a loss that was not our best effort. I think this is a very important game for us to continue building momentum and improve our OOC record. Got to have 2 points.

I also think we should go with York and save Merriam for the Bentley game. I think Niagara is as good as or better than Bentley and the fact that we are on the road without a few guys makes this game tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    Better get that "Dreaded 2nd Period" comment in early then Doc!

There is no reason for the engineers to take this one lightly tonight. We lost to Army and we are coming off of a loss that was not our best effort. I think this is a very important game for us to continue building momentum and improve our OOC record. Got to have 2 points.

I also think we should go with York and save Merriam for the Bentley game. I think Niagara is as good as or better than Bentley and the fact that we are on the road without a few guys makes this game tougher.
                    Thanks for the reminder JM-the only period this year we are being outscored in so far? Yup-the second. It is just something I have noticed over many years-some years the third period has been a disaster but it just appears more often than not we have trouble in the second period-I had always attributed it to coaches making adjustments against us during the first intermission-somethng Joe Marsh must have done last saturday at SLU. If we start imporoving our play in the second period-I would stop making that inane comment immediately

Comment

What tonight's game comes down to is, good teams win the games they are supposed to win. This year, we have not done this consistently.
                      If we are going to be a good team, we have to beat the Niagara's of the world.
                      As I said before, this will be a hard game to get up for, but that is exactly what we have to do.
                      Get on them early and build on that.
                      This will be a test, no question about it.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

This will be an interesting night. As many others have said, this is one of those "should-win" games - but on the other hand, Niagara has to be getting frustrated with a number of near-wins already this season. Let's keep our defense together, and put enough in the net ourselves, to make sure tonight isn't when they finally get a W on the record.

Niagara's live stats currently shows York starting in goal - can't remember if we knew that yet or not. http://www.purpleeagles.com/livestats/mhockey/xlive.htm

(I'll be either checking live stats or doing the ultimate in multi-tasking and listening to WRPI while writing a masters' thesis. Not sure which yet.)
                        RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
                          This will be an interesting night. As many others have said, this is one of those "should-win" games - but on the other hand, Niagara has to be getting frustrated with a number of near-wins already this season. Let's keep our defense together, and put enough in the net ourselves, to make sure tonight isn't when they finally get a W on the record.

Niagara's live stats currently shows York starting in goal - can't remember if we knew that yet or not. http://www.purpleeagles.com/livestats/mhockey/xlive.htm

(I'll be either checking live stats or doing the ultimate in multi-tasking and listening to WRPI while writing a masters' thesis. Not sure which yet.)
                          Also Zarbo and Beauregard are playing.

Scratches: Harkenrider, Jensen, Bergin, Helfrich, Lee, Morissette, AAG and Cullen.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Also Zarbi is playing.
                            Whozat?
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Raced like the devil but still got caught in NJ horrible traffic to get back in time-just read the thread-not sure why Cullen is sitting. This is certainly not our most potent line up offensively. Here's hoping this goes well

Comment

Working...
                              X