Minnesota State at Alaska-Anchorage November 20-21, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State at Alaska-Anchorage November 20-21, 2009

It's darker in Alaska in the winter than the basement in Minnesota.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Re: Minnesota State at Alaska-Anchorage November 20-21, 2009

Mavericks need this one bad. We're talking three points for MSU this weekend unless they want to replace MTU and UAA at the bottom of the food chain!
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
    - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

Mavericks vs. Alaska Anchorage, who will "I'm a hockey mom" Palin root for?
      University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
      2007 Alumni
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
      NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
      Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
      National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
        Wow, bad joke!! I bet you were waiting all year to use it too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
          Wow, bad joke!! I bet you were waiting all year to use it too!!
          It'll be twice as bad when UNO joins next year.

C'mon 'Kato, do what UND and DU couldn't and sweep in Anchorage! You were my dark horse pick to get home ice this year, and you're making me look bad!
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The next two weeks have become critical. If the Mavs come out of them still in last place, fold up the tent.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
              I'm pretty sure she's unaware that college hockey exists in Alaska.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

We play like an old truck with a bad transmission, can't seem to figure out how to keep it in gear. Should be an interesting weekend for both teams.
                If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
                  Mavericks need this one bad. We're talking three points for MSU this weekend unless they want to replace MTU and UAA at the bottom of the food chain!
                  You will be signing the long term lease this weekend.
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
                    UAA needs to sweep. Unfortunately we always play like crap against you guys.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      UAA needs to sweep. Unfortunately we always play like crap against you guys.
                      Not much smack talk for two teams who are "rivals"

But then, neither team can do much bragging at this point. I'm sure that Shyiak will have his team ready, and remind them how tough the Mavs can be. They always give us fits. Lets see a Friday night win okay UAA, we're bringing some friends ... lets give them a reason to want to come back to the Sully!!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I was going to say sweep but we haven't swept since 1993? The overall record is actually better than I thought, but bad in the last 5 years Shyiak is 3-10-3 .
                        go get em seawolves, cows are easy prey. *munch* *crunch* *howl*

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=204835033

in the last 10 meetings, UAA has only posted two wins, with the last home victory on Feb. 17, 2007 ... the 7-1 defeat on Jan. 17, 2009, was the largest MSU winning margin over UAA ... the Seawolves haven't swept MSU at home since Jan. 15-16, 1993, while the last time MSU swept UAA at the Sullivan was on Feb. 14-15, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                          I was going to say sweep but we haven't swept since 1993? The overall record is actually better than I thought, but bad in the last 5 years Shyiak is 3-10-3 .
                          go get em seawolves, cows are easy prey. *munch* *crunch* *howl*

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=204835033
                          win friday beat'm saturday no problem they like the basement ...just like the room at mom's

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            I'm pretty sure she's unaware that college hockey exists in Alaska.
                            I'm pretty sure you're a moron. Don't you remember when Palin presented UAA the governors cup 3 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
                              I'm pretty sure you're a moron. Don't you remember when Palin presented UAA the governors cup 3 years ago?
                              Of course he remembers, but as a _airbanks fan, he's trying hard to forget.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X