Minnesota State at Alaska-Anchorage November 20-21, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State at Alaska-Anchorage November 20-21, 2009

Done with Johnny 5 Hole, please? Unless the other 2 G.T. are unable to play, no more with J.O. 2nd Mav goal, the puck was in his pads, and he stood up
    ?? No more excuses....at all. God help whomever picks u up, but judging by your time here, hello fertilizer plant.
    Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      As you may or may not know, Patrick Wiercioh did not play tonight for DU and isn't expected to play tomorrow night. Perhaps you'd like to reconsider your name calling of a couple of weeks ago and apologize to the young man. Seems like the right thing to do, unless you think he was held out of the game just to make you look bad.
      Nope, I think he was held out to make the coach look good. He played the remainder of the game. Was walked off the ice by the zebra's after the crushing hit, and then came back on the next faceoff.

BTW, Lafranchise layed another crunching hip check tonight that took another player out...
      Last edited by UAA Fan in Florida; 11-21-2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
        Nope, I think he was held out to make the coach look good. He played the remainder of the game. Was walked off the ice by the zebra's after the crushing hit, and then came back on the next faceoff.

BTW, Lafranchise layed another crunching hip check tonight that took another player out...
        You a doctor too? Assuming you're serious, that's not only delusional it's stupid. And I guess celebrating LaFructose's "crunching hip checks" is about all you've got going. Enjoy. The general rule of thumb in sports is for fans not to be jerky enough to celebrate injuries to others (no matter what they think), but I guess there are exceptions to every rule.

Suze owes the kid an apology. I'm not optimistic. She had no difficulty finding the DU thread and mouthing off about Patrick being a liar through about a dozen paranoid posts. So far, not a peep. What a shame. She used to have a fine reputation among DU posters, but her behavior here is hard to explain and impossible to justify.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 11-21-2009, 11:42 AM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

You a doctor too? Assuming you're serious, that's not only delusional it's stupid. And I guess celebrating LaFructose's "crunching hip checks" is about all you've got going. Enjoy. The general rule of thumb in sports is for fans not to be jerky enough to celebrate injuries to others (no matter what they think), but I guess there are exceptions to every rule.

Suze owes the kid an apology. I'm not optimistic. She had no difficulty finding the DU thread and mouthing off about Patrick being a liar through about a dozen paranoid posts. So far, not a peep. What a shame. She used to have a fine reputation among DU posters, but her behavior here is hard to explain and impossible to justify.
          I have nothing to apologize for. I didn't call Pat a liar, I called Gwoz a liar, and he is. If Patrick is indeed that injured, then Gwoz does need to take some responsibility for allowing him to play the remainder of the game. Yup, despite his LYING to the press twice, stating Pat never played another shift. Ya think that allowing him to play for the seven minutes after the hip check maybe hurt any condition he had already suffered? Gwoz lied to the press. There is no disputing that. Pat himself proved Gwoz a liar when he said he played 5 minutes then had to call it quits. Oh, but that's not true. He played for the remaining 7 minutes. The game is on the GCI site, go watch it for yourself, then YOU can apologize.

And don't tell me Gwoz didn't lie to the Denver Post, because I will forward Mike Chambers email to you stating the statements in those two articles came from him.
          Last edited by Suze; 11-21-2009, 12:12 PM.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I expect a better game tonite. either a tie or win. We haven't been swept by purple cows since 2003. Although losing by 6 is becoming a sad trend.

UAA has only posted two wins, with the last home victory on Feb. 17, 2007 ... the 7-1 defeat on Jan. 17, 2009, was the largest MSU winning margin over UAA
            Till now.

Comment

We turned a Mankato skater into Gretzky last night. What can we possibly do for an encore tonight?
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                I have nothing to apologize for. I didn't call Pat a liar, I called Gwoz a liar, and he is. If Patrick is indeed that injured, then Gwoz does need to take some responsibility for allowing him to play the remainder of the game. Yup, despite his LYING to the press twice, stating Pat never played another shift. Ya think that allowing him to play for the seven minutes after the hip check maybe hurt any condition he had already suffered? Gwoz lied to the press. There is no disputing that. Pat himself proved Gwoz a liar when he said he played 5 minutes then had to call it quits. Oh, but that's not true. He played for the remaining 7 minutes. The game is on the GCI site, go watch it for yourself, then YOU can apologize.

And don't tell me Gwoz didn't lie to the Denver Post, because I will forward Mike Chambers email to you stating the statements in those two articles came from him.
                "This makes me irate. Try watching the video of the last 7 minutes of the game after the hit. Patrick played the rest of the game, regular shifts, right up to the horn!! If he were really injured, do you think your coach would have let him play, knowing the game was lost anyway?

So George lets him play, then says immediately after the game that his guy is hurt and if they had to play next weekend (a bye week) he would not be able to play!! George is lying. He is not hurt."

Sad, really. In Suze's world Gwozdecky can't win. Either he's lying, the kid wasn't hurt, or Gwoz deliberatelly risked Patrick's career by keeping him in a laugher. But Gwozdeckey can take care of himself, it's Patrick Wiercioh who may need a little protecting from the likes of you.

You stated unequivocally, "he is not hurt." And if the boy said he WAS hurt, that would make him a liar, no? The evidence you offer is your opinion, based on your endless viewing of the incident. My evidence is that Patrick didn't play in one of the most important games of the season. Surely your view of yourself is not so inflated that you would think Gwozdecky did that to make you look bad. Nobody can be that grandiose.

And all of this "Law and Order" stuff about 5 minutes or 7 minutes or what Mike Chambers wrote or what Gwozdecky said is beside the point and irrelevant. You say Patrick wasn't hurt, and yet, he obviously was. And you're unable to admit a mistake and apologize for involving an innocent player in your tantrums.

Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                  We turned a Mankato skater into Gretzky last night. What can we possibly do for an encore tonight?
                  Nice to see Stewart played so well... This guy has busted his butt so far this year, he is on a mission. I haven't seen a guy push so hard to make plays since Trevor Bruess a few years back when he was at his best.

I don't suppose Stewart will be our top scorer this year, but with his work ethic it's possible.
                  "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
                  - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

First and foremost, never said I was a doctor and I don't recall celebrating any injuries (made up or otherwise.) I will celebrate those hip checks, as they are pretty to watch. Anyway, could that injury have been made worse by playing the remainder of the game? I'm sure the kid told coach he was fine, but just the fact he laid on the ice for so long should have given the coach ample enough reason to sit a potentially injured player and avoid any controversy and loss of future playing time. Go somewhere else.

Now, back to this series, 'Wolves, come out shooting the puck, please? Just flick it toward the net, less then 20 shots on goal in 3 games this year? Not gonna cut it. Coach, stop ***g with the lines, thats been a constant over your tenure so far, make 'em and leave them the f alone! I know you've had injuries, but put 'em back as soon as they are back. How in the holy hell are these kids gonna have any kind of connection, spark, with their line-mates if they are always changing?? And I suggest one other thing, take one whole week, and practice PASSING THE PUCK TAPE TO TAPE!! 1 whole week, nothing else. Except when the pass isn't on the tape, make 'em do line to line, and try again. Oh, and please, tell J.O. if he gets in the net again, not to play the puck, he sucks at it, really, I'm just saying it, everyone is thinking it.

I love my 'Wolves, I really do, but it sucks to see them getting **** canned all the time.. Have I said it sucks to have lost Matt Gordon, he showed definite signs of being 'Chevy-esque'. That being said, Bryce is the better goalie right now and should get all the starts. Thats another thing, coach, keep Bryce in the **** net the rest of the year, there is another consistancy thing that we haven't had in your time, a number 1 goalie. I say give it to Bryce, let him run with it. Tell him in the locker room, he's gonna be the 1 and only goalie unless he's injured. CONFIDENCE go's a long way.

And before I'm accused of it, I'm not a coach either, but I play one online. :O)

Go 'WOLVES!!

Comment

And all of this "Law and Order" stuff about 5 minutes or 7 minutes or what Mike Chambers wrote or what Gwozdecky said is beside the point and irrelevant.
                      How very convenient of you to overlook Gwoz's blatant LIES. Take off the red colored glasses. His lies are what started my tirade in the first place. Since the Denver Post and the DU coaching staff can't be trusted to tell the truth about what happens on the ice, we fans are left to come to our own conclusions. My conclusion was that Patrick played the remainder of the game, with no apparent injuries. Gwoz was sandbagging. Donald pegged him perfectly on his blog.

It's not the first time Gwoz has been accused of lying. Do a google of "Gwozdecky" and "lies" and you'll find some interesting commentary from a Sioux fan on a Mike Chambers article. Very telling.
                      Last edited by Suze; 11-21-2009, 04:00 PM.
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

First and foremost, never said I was a doctor and I don't recall celebrating any injuries (made up or otherwise.) I will celebrate those hip checks, as they are pretty to watch. Anyway, could that injury have been made worse by playing the remainder of the game? I'm sure the kid told coach he was fine, but just the fact he laid on the ice for so long should have given the coach ample enough reason to sit a potentially injured player and avoid any controversy and loss of future playing time. Go somewhere else.

Now, back to this series, 'Wolves, come out shooting the puck, please? Just flick it toward the net, less then 20 shots on goal in 3 games this year? Not gonna cut it. Coach, stop ***g with the lines, thats been a constant over your tenure so far, make 'em and leave them the f alone! I know you've had injuries, but put 'em back as soon as they are back. How in the holy hell are these kids gonna have any kind of connection, spark, with their line-mates if they are always changing?? And I suggest one other thing, take one whole week, and practice PASSING THE PUCK TAPE TO TAPE!! 1 whole week, nothing else. Except when the pass isn't on the tape, make 'em do line to line, and try again. Oh, and please, tell J.O. if he gets in the net again, not to play the puck, he sucks at it, really, I'm just saying it, everyone is thinking it.

I love my 'Wolves, I really do, but it sucks to see them getting **** canned all the time.. Have I said it sucks to have lost Matt Gordon, he showed definite signs of being 'Chevy-esque'. That being said, Bryce is the better goalie right now and should get all the starts. Thats another thing, coach, keep Bryce in the **** net the rest of the year, there is another consistancy thing that we haven't had in your time, a number 1 goalie. I say give it to Bryce, let him run with it. Tell him in the locker room, he's gonna be the 1 and only goalie unless he's injured. CONFIDENCE go's a long way.

And before I'm accused of it, I'm not a coach either, but I play one online. :O)

Go 'WOLVES!!
                        I guess it was someone else who posted about a crunching LaFructose hip check that took another player out. Somebody's posting under your name, nob. And the word "doctor" was followed by a question mark. You do know what they're for don't you? I'll explain it to you slowly: it was meant to be sarcastic. Get it now? It must be tough, year after year and the only hardware you guys get is from Home Depot. But cheer up, you've got Kane LaFructose and his crunching hip checks.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 11-21-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Suze, If it makes you feel any better I am pulling for the Seawolves tonight.
                          SCSU!

Comment

Go 'WOLVES!!
                            I totally agree. Let Bryce have the reins and see what he can do. He stepped up big at the end of last season, he can at least handle the puck and helps out the team with his break out passes. Tell him he's number one and give him some confidence.

To my Wolves. I know you are capable of playing better than what we saw last night. If you get scored on first, dig in and come right back to tie it up, DON'T give up. Lose or win as a TEAM, last night there was no teamwork.

Put the last three games behind you and come out tonight ready to play like you did against UND and DU. That kind of play will put butts in the seats. What we saw last night will keep the Sully even emptier. It's up to you.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                              Suze, If it makes you feel any better I am pulling for the Seawolves tonight.
                              Thanks Husky4Life. Good luck to SCSU tonight as well.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                How very convenient of you to overlook Gwoz's blatant LIES. Take off the red colored glasses. His lies are what started my tirade in the first place. Since the Denver Post and the DU coaching staff can't be trusted to tell the truth about what happens on the ice, we fans are left to come to our own conclusions. My conclusion was that Patrick played the remainder of the game, with no apparent injuries. Gwoz was sandbagging. Donald pegged him perfectly on his blog.

It's not the first time Gwoz has been accused of lying. Do a google of "Gwozdecky" and "lies" and you'll find some interesting commentary from a Sioux fan on a Mike Chambers article. Very telling.
                                I'll try one last time. I concede every point you make: Gwozdecky's a liar by the clock, Mike Chambers is the latter day incarnation of Lord Haw Haw and DU is the center of evil in the western world.

But let's see if you can't focus on just one issue. Just one. You said, repeatedly, that Wiecioh wasn't hurt, and implied repeatedly that he was a liar for having said he was. It's obvious now that he was hurt. Why can't you just admit you were wrong? You do realize you were wrong, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X