• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thursday-Sunday -- What's Up With That? Michigan State vs. Notre Dame

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    From what I'm hearing he is a 5-hole.

Originally posted by owslachief
    I'm thinking the Spartan run will take a hiatus this "weekend". From what I saw in B.U. Notre Dame's better than their 5-5 shows, and MSU's just 5 days removed from an emotional weekend.

MSU may buy an NCAA tie / CCHA shootout (or 2).

It's just a major gauntlet we've got to run through November and we either stumble this time around or in the CHSC.
    November has been a rough month for MSU in the recent past. No offense, but I hope history repeats itself tonight and Sunday, but alas, I am not as confident in my team right at the moment as you are of my team...

Completely off the subject...after years of reading your screen name, I just now noticed that it is O-W-S-L, not O-W-L-S... So, you're not an ornithologist...
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post

November has been a rough month for MSU in the recent past. No offense, but I hope history repeats itself tonight and Sunday, but alas, I am not as confident in my team right at the moment as you are of my team...
      Yes but I had this November in mind specifically.

Completely off the subject...after years of reading your screen name, I just now noticed that it is O-W-S-L, not O-W-L-S... So, you're not an ornithologist...
      Literary / hero figure dans la monde des lapins.

Comment

There's basketball Friday at MSU, football Saturday on both campuses, and, during Rick Comley's radio show on Tuesday, there was some availability problems with the building in Fort Wayne.

So, you get this mess of a series.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          Literary / hero figure dans la monde des lapins.
          Aah. Hence the angry bunny.

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz
          there was some availability problems with the building in Fort Wayne.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

It actually took forever for me to notice that too.

For some reason i feel like i read that book but i am sure i didn't. There may have just been talk of it back when i was in middle school or something...

Comment

Let me rephrase... even for me, that was really nonsensical. School is turning my brain into Silly Putty.

Comley said the second game was to be played on Saturday, but the building wasn't available. Something about some pro team in Fort Wayne having priority over the place.

Hence, Thursday-Sunday.
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                Let me rephrase... even for me, that was really nonsensical. School is turning my brain into Silly Putty.
                Was out til the wee hours seeing Old Crow Medicine Show, then got up early to go to work. You could've made perfect sense and My tired brain probably wouldn't have gotten that either!

Comment

While I still loathe the SO, stealing that extra point from you guys is huge for this struggling Irish team. And I'm extra happy that the "GWG" came from ND's hardest working player, Dan Kissel.

Now it's on to our "home" game an hour and a half away from home...

Comment

**** **** ****! That's almost a carbon copy of our SO against UNO.

I am not sure why ND has struggled so far this year, they are pretty good and quite sticky in their defensive zone. They did a great job on the PK mostly due to being great at getting to loose pucks.

I feel like the majority of ND's scoring chances and odd man rushes were due to blown ones of our own where it would pop out with our forwards deep.

God, we missed the net so **** much. At the end of the 2nd the shots wide were 17-3 and it didn't get any better in the third.

I think we got better as the third wore on and we looked much better in the OT. I think ND was gassed.

We were out of sync for much or this game. Missed passes and whiffing on shots(including the shootout). hopefully we pull it together for sunday.

Oh well, unbeaten streak continues. Hopefully all these lost shootout points won't be missed at the end of the year.
                    Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 11-19-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post

We were out of sync for much or this game. Missed passes and whiffing on shots(including the shootout). hopefully we pull it together for sunday.
                      I figured we'd be mentally down after last weekend, but dang! For 2 periods Spartans played with no sense of urgency. Nowhere did that show up more than in the powerplay.

Comment

1. Absolutely pathetic. No jump in Sparty's step throughout the whole game. The only energy I saw from the team tonight was when celebrating Grants goal, and then they died at the next drop of the puck. They reminded me of last years hockey team. Constantly getting beat to the puck, getting caught behind passes and shots casually tosssed at the net.
                        2. Part of the blame can go to State fans for the lack of energy. The players feed off the energy from the crowd and despite the number of fans in seats (especially for a Thursday game), the crowd was quite. Very quite. So quite I thought I was watching golf.
                        3. State was lucky to get out there with a point. They better eat a couple energy bars, or maybe cancel the beer pong the night before if they are going to do anything on Sunday.

Comment

I friggin' hate Thursday games. Play this game on a Friday or Saturday and it would have been sold out, or, at least, past the 6,000 mark.

I swear to god, we could play the Swedish All-Nude Hockey Babestars on a Thursday night and still have trouble drawing flies to poop (if the poop were located at the ice arena, that is).

That is all.
                          66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
                            1. Absolutely pathetic. No jump in Sparty's step throughout the whole game. The only energy I saw from the team tonight was when celebrating Grants goal, and then they died at the next drop of the puck. They reminded me of last years hockey team. Constantly getting beat to the puck, getting caught behind passes and shots casually tosssed at the net.
                            2. Part of the blame can go to State fans for the lack of energy. The players feed off the energy from the crowd and despite the number of fans in seats (especially for a Thursday game), the crowd was quite. Very quite. So quite I thought I was watching golf.
                            3. State was lucky to get out there with a point. They better eat a couple energy bars, or maybe cancel the beer pong the night before if they are going to do anything on Sunday.

whooaaa now we may have been pretty sloppy and had a terrible powerplay but Notre Dame is a team that makes you look like that. They play real solid D and cause mistakes that they capitalize on and we saw that tonight, just minus the capitalizing part. We had a large number of chances that we couldn't cash in on as well. I am not overly concerned with any part of our performance except the powerplay was pretty glaringly bad. The lack of focus is probably to be expected after last weekend.

And the crowd was shyte. Too bad, really.
                            Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 11-19-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Most of my anger from the previous post was toward the crowd. The lack enthusiasm was...sad. This team deserves better.

Perhaps I am not giving ND enough credit, but I thought State looked slow and were just going through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
                                Perhaps I am not giving ND enough credit, but I thought State looked slow and were just going through the motions.
                                We're all missin' the blimp. Do you run the controls?

But otherwise, right on target.

Comment

Working...
                                X