So Long, and Thanks For the Fish! UNO @ NMU, Nov. 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Long, and Thanks For the Fish! UNO @ NMU, Nov. 20-21

UNO makes one last trip to the great white north (which is looking sadly not so white yet) to take on the Wildcats. These two fanbases have a history of great rapport and many shenanigans, so let the fun begin!
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: So Long, and Thanks For the Fish! UNO @ NMU, Nov. 20-21

(longer history of the Spirit Phone found in an older thread -- "Northern Michigan @ Neb. Omaha- The Battle for the Spirit Phone")
    The final entry in last season's edition of the Spirit Phone history...

2008-2009 Season
    • Mav’s off to best start in CCHA history. Looking forward to the start of the second half of the CCHA season.
    • NMU has a rough start to the season, but are now riding high. They are coming off of their best weekend of the year after sweeping Wisconsin (winning two games straight) in Madison.
    • January 9-10, 2009: The series continues…with both teams fighting to a single victory. January 9th, the evening finishes with a 4-3 UNO victory. January 10th the NMU Wildcats take the game 3-2. The rules, as developed by the Coaches, state that the team in possession of the Spirit Phone will maintain possession if neither wins a majority of points from the other during the regular season. So, the Spirit Phone is buckled in and driven back to Marquette until next year.
    • Series highlight: 22” Northern Pike tossed on the ice in place of the traditional Carp. On ice Spirit Phone presentation of the trophy, puzzled players and quote from Coach Kyle “Well, did we win it?”

I trust the Spirit Phone has been watched over and will be at the arena on Friday-Saturday (At the luncheon as well?).

I look forward to the trip. This past weekend delivered an interesting dichotomy for the UNO Maverick fans. Some of the most exciting and dominating play (period #1 Friday) and some blah-flat play during the 1st. and 2nd. on Saturday...

Go Mavs!!!
    Last edited by NoClu; 11-16-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      UNO makes one last trip to the great white north (which is looking sadly not so white yet) to take on the Wildcats. These two fanbases have a history of great rapport and many shenanigans, so let the fun begin!
      I blame manbearpig
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Douglas Adams reference appreciation posting.

Comment

UNO vs. NMU week...my favorite time of the year. It is with great sadness that UNO ventures to a snowless Marquette in an attempt to once again spoil the party which always happens when these two fine D2 schools meet.

The only thing known for certain is we'll enjoy two very close hockey games, fish will be thrown and shots of jagermeister consumed!!! Such has been the case in this relatively short but oddly enough...friendly rivalry.

Interesting stats in this series:
          Since 99-2000 season the series is an even split at 13-13-2.

NMU has an edge in the playoffs at 3-2.

There has only been one shutout in the history of this series (the 1st game ever played).

UNO's longest win streaks stand at 4 games and 3 games while NMU has had three separate 3 game winning streaks since 99-2000.

NMU leads 6-5-2 in one goal games.

More to come later on past highlights...some which are a bit foggy...
          Last edited by MOJO; 11-16-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

It makes me quite sad that I'll be missing this. Someone better throw a fish on the ice. Remember, if a smoked herring is used you must create a splint and use hockey tape to secure it making sure to alternate between black and white so it appears to be a ref.
            Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
            NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
            Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
            Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG6b3V2MNxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG6b3V2MNxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

This thread title made my week.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Thank you 'diva for using this as the thread title. I've enjoyed posting that line to antagonize the UNO fans since their announcement of joining the CCHA.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Correct me If I'm wrong, the 1st Lake Trout was used at the Berry and Tunison just looked at it like, "what am I suppose to do".... Someone has the picture, please share....

Another Great Week of Hockey coming up. It will be sad to see UNO go, but believe the fan-dom created will continue in spirit and mind between these two schools....

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Thank you 'diva for using this as the thread title. I've enjoyed posting that line to antagonize the UNO fans since their announcement of joining the CCHA.
                    Uhh...Aparch? Don't you mean WCHA? They're already in the CCHA. Unless they've already decided to pull an NMU and leave only to return a few years down the road.
                    Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                    Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
                      Correct me If I'm wrong, the 1st Lake Trout was used at the Berry and Tunison just looked at it like, "what am I suppose to do".... Someone has the picture, please share....

Another Great Week of Hockey coming up. It will be sad to see UNO go, but believe the fan-dom created will continue in spirit and mind between these two schools....

LETS GO CATS!!!!
                      That's correct. The following night he used Bateman's stick to scrape the fish goo and blood off of the ice. In total I've chucked 4 fish onto the ice at the Berry, and have never been kicked out for a single one. Even though one evil blue haired female member of the blue line club insisted I be removed for ruining a perfectly good hockey game by throwing a fish on the ice.
                      Last edited by dankthetank; 11-16-2009, 08:27 PM.

Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                        This thread title made my week.
                        Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        No problem
                        Always a Wildcat...
                        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                          Uhh...Aparch? Don't you mean WCHA? They're already in the CCHA. Unless they've already decided to pull an NMU and leave only to return a few years down the road.
                          Yep. Posted without proofing.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Update on plans for weekend.

I checked into shipping some steaks to Marquette for the tailgate on Saturday. A bit costly to send said Nebraska Beef to the edge of Gitchigoomie. Because I am fully committed to said tailgate, the only other viable solution I can see is....

Steaks on a Plane!

I'll bring a can of Fancy Feast for the Cat fans.

Comment

Steaks on a plane!!! Carry on for sure!!!

The tailgate on Saturday is setting up nicely with weather forecasted in the mid-40's to low 50's on Saturday with no rain in sight.

Menu thus far:
                              Chili/Chili Dogs
                              Venison Strips
                              Cudighi Burgers
                              Omaha Steak Sandwiches
                              Jagermeister

If anybody wants to attend and add something unique to our gathering please feel free to join us.

Comment

Working...
                              X