Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Really? Making fun of mentally handicapped kids now? An all new low for this forum. Classy. You can't just simply be the grammar police, you have to put down and make derogatory statements about little kids that have a disability they have no control over. Unbelievable! Hope the mods take care of this.
    Who said anything about kids? It is my belief, based on his inability to compose a coherent thought in any of his posts (let alone spell the words correctly) that Hokydad is a mentally handicapped adult. Hence the shortbus comment. But you are welcome to take my post any way that you want. I couldn't care less.
    I also think it's laughable that you feel qualified to talk about class.
    A little too sactimonious coming from you of all people if you ask me.

BTW if the mods haven't clipped your wings then I think that I'm pretty safe.

Comment

Really? Making fun of mentally handicapped kids now? An all new low for this forum. Classy. You can't just simply be the grammar police, you have to put down and make derogatory statements about little kids that have a disability they have no control over. Unbelievable! Hope the mods take care of this.
      Coming from a guy that said about a BC fan's fiance last week, and I quote:
      Don't worry I already gave her all those STD's....didn't she tell you. Dude go down to the clinic and get some antibiotics before your unit falls off.
      Pot ... kettle.

Also guys, if Hokydad's posts bother you so much, don't respond. Simple enough.

Anyway, back to topic... heard a rumor that MC's bringing a bus full of students down? Any truth to that?

Gary, I'd think Hutton too (especially with a shutout in his last start), but I think we're going with Hamilton in this one, Hutton on Tuesday. Personally, I'd like Hutton two of the next three games, not the other way around, but I suppose we'll see.

Anyone who has inside knowledge of the team, when do the players find out who starts in net?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Can we get back to the game coming up...it's only 2 days away
        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Back to the game:

Cannata will start even beyond Braithewaite's shaky last start it would be Cannata's spot in the rotation anyway.

Is there any update on Stollery's injury and if he is back does that mean Bigos' sits?

Comment

Originally posted by warriors16 View Post
            Back to the game:

Cannata will start even beyond Braithewaite's shaky last start it would be Cannata's spot in the rotation anyway.

Is there any update on Stollery's injury and if he is back does that mean Bigos' sits?
            Will be 80/20 cannata going forward

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              HokyDad,
              Joe Iarrobino alienated many Merrimack alums and was a liar. He lied about many things - fundraising and the likes. The coaches up there all hate him - assistants and head coaches... with the exception of baseball coach Joe Sarno. Cannot wait for him to be totally out of the picture. Let's talk hockey!

I'd like to see Heffernan work his way back in the line up. He's a talented kid. Hope to see Stollery back soon as he is a great defenseman (All-Rookie team last year).

I'm very worried about this game as UML is very good and MC is winless on the road. Let's go Warriors!

They have no alum base to speak of, a total joke. Zero support

He didnt alienate anyone, outside the normal course of duty. One thing he isnt is a liar and you should be very carefull writing something that is considered liable.
              He has the support of the few alum with cash or he wouldn't be there.

I agree that it should be back to hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                I agree that it should be back to hockey.
                you're the one that made it not about hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  . One thing he isnt is a liar and you should be very carefull writing something that is considered liable.
                  Yeah, that's not considered libel.

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                    Yeah, that's not considered libel.
                    could it be considered liable?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Coming from a guy that said about a BC fan's fiance last week, and I quote:

You don't see the difference between a statement of fact and denigrating a whole portion of the population due to their mental incapacity which is beyond there control
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                        Lets get back on track. Who starts in net for Lowell on Saturday?
                        I think its Nevin's turn in the rotation...with Carter on Tuesday

Its more of the question who will start the Maine game because that's who will likely start Saturday with the Sat-Tues-Fri schedule.
                        UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                        2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                        2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                        https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

here's the deal with iarbino...i feel that he has alienated a lot of former students @ merrimack. Maybe not the ones with all the money (like myself) but enough where there is a very real problem with fundraising (which is now starting to go away with a team that performs)....BUT, i do not blame joe entirely for that because he was under direction from the school, which at the time really wasn't too hyped up about the hockey program. Joe Irabino is now an old chapter in MC history. Time to move on.

I think the decision on the game's starter for MC will depend on how braithwaite looks during practice this week. This is a huge game for merrimack seeing that it is the only contest of the weekend so we need to put the best team on the ice possible. Look for Dennehey to make the decision based off what he sees throughout the week.
                          "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

You don't see the difference between a statement of fact and denigrating a whole portion of the population due to their mental incapacity which is beyond there control
                            It's beyond THERE control, huh? You and Hokydad must seat mates and ride the same bus!

Got to go. I don't have a dog in this fight so I won't invade the thread any longer. As far as I'm concerned I'd love to see a tie as I'm partial to both UML and the Mack. Just hope both teams play hard and put on a great show.

Nice chatting w/ you jc7669. I look forward to conversing again in the future.

Comment

To quote that esteemed philospher Rodney King "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along".
                              Sorry, but as an double MC alum (Malden Catholic and Merrimack) there are couple of things worthy of comment.

At the time of Serino's departure, after the '04-'05 season, Merrimack hockey was ABSOLUTELY in shambles; 8-26-2 with only 1 win in HE. That team was on the verge of mutiny; whether it was the players, Serino, Iarbinno or Santagatti, the problems in the hockey program were hardly because the "school is disfunctional (sic)"

"They were on a huge spiral down down winning wise but Serino had success there". Wow, your bar for what consitutes success is awfully low. Here's the Serino record:

Season Wins Losses Ties HE Finish
                              '98-'99 11 24 1 8th
                              '99-'00 11 19 6 7th
                              '00-'01 14 20 4 8th
                              '01-'02 11 23 2 8th
                              '02-'03 12 18 6 7th
                              '03-04 11 19 6 7th
                              '04-05 8 26 2 9th
                              Totals 78 149 27
                              Total Games 254
                              Winning % 30.7%

I agree, he had a great rep at UNH, especially recruiting, and he did bring in some good players to MC: Aquino (left early), Foy (left early) Caron (left early). In fairness, Exter and Schmidt, along with Rosa were very very good players who stayed the 4 years.

"Dennehey rode Ricci and other Serino recruits first couple years". You do realize that Ricci was suspended for an entire season? Not exactly what I'd call "riding" a recruit. For that matter, Serino inherited some pretty good Anderson recruits when he first arrived (Reggie Stringer and Kris Porter were far better than any players that Serino left in the cupboard for Dennehy). Dennehy "rode" Serino's recruits to a 6 win season in '05-'06 and 3 wins in '06-'07. Yep, certainly able to "ride" Serino's recruits for the first couple of years

Dennehy's record:

'05-'06 6 23 5 10th
                              '06-'07 3 27 4 10th
                              '07-'08 12 18 4 10th
                              '08-'09 9 21 4 9th
                              '09-'10 6 4 0
                              Totals 36 93 17
                              Total Games 146
                              Winning % 24.7%

'07 through '10 27 43 8
                              Total Games 78
                              Winning % 34.6%

Again, less than scintillating, but some very positive signs: '08-'09, 14 losses in 1 goal games. Already this year, wins over Vermont, BC and BU, and a dramatically improved offense, backed up by a strong goalie tandem (although I agree, Cannata will see the majority of the time). These players are Dennehy recruits, and maybe, just maybe, they'll be right in the mix of HE this year.

"Amazing how as soon as serino (sic) left, Malden catholic (sic) had a few million dollars plus donations and built turf lacrosse fields, football fields etc. all with money and donors who used to support MC (assume that this "MC" refers to Merrimack". Are you privy to the list of donors? Turf fields were in well before Serino became AD; major benefactors include well know MC (Malden Catholic) Boston area businessman, who to my knowledge, has nothing to do with Merrimack College. Yes, he has built a very strong progran at MC, getting (recruiting?) a strong roster. I hope they beat CM this year.

Finally, I do agree with you that some outstanding people including Stu, Mike M, and some others were treated very poorly during the Sernio departure. To me, the college did not cover itself in glory in those cases.

Good luck to MC against Lowell. Used to be a GREAT rivalry (I got a chance to be on the ice for the '77-'78 playoff game ) and I'd love to see it get back to that level of intensity!!!
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Good luck to MC against Lowell. Used to be a GREAT rivalry (I got a chance to be on the ice for the '77-'78 playoff game ) and I'd love to see it get back to that level of intensity!!!

Ooops, I meant '76-'77 playoff game, Doyle in net for the Chiefs!!
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X