Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

Originally posted by warriors16 View Post
    Plus they have a better coach
    lol okay buddy

Comment

That is, at best, debatable. And probably not even that (but I think this thread will probably give you the benefit of the doubt and debate it) .

It seems, though, that they have terrific recruiting abilities, as a program with few wins, no history to speak of, a crappy rink and a s&*%tty campus was able to attract the likes of Joe Cannatta, Karl Stollery and Stephane Da Costa.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
        lol okay buddy
        I don't think he is that far off base. It has taken Blaise allot longer to get his program to this point than it took Dennehy. Blaise inherited a pretty decent program from Whitehead. Chris Serino left MC in shambles. Dennehy had to start from scratch when he came to MC. There weren't any recruits. The whole coaching staff was gone. The roster was all Seniors. He had to deal with a complete tool running the athletic department that all the alumni hated. How many years has Blaise been at UML and he still doesn't have his classes balanced? I still remember the interview he did with NESN five years ago when his team was supposed to compete for home ice and totally collapsed. Eric Freid asked him how he was going to motivate his players and restore their confidence. He stared like a deer in the headlights and admitted that he had no clue how to do that. Fortunately he recognized this shortcoming and brought in guys like Fitzy and later Sean Mceachern to motivate the players.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
          I don't think he is that far off base.
          that's because you're a moron

Comment

Caught some of the radio show on WUML last night driving home, and Coach MacDonald was talking about how he and Coach Dennehy are trying to get this rivalry going once again. I don't think it'll be in time for this game (at least they didn't specify such), but they did note that they're trying to do contests for Merrimack students when they come to Lowell (free tuition, books, whatever), and the same for Lowell students to go to Merrimack. Getting more students to participate, getting the atmosphere better, etc.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
              I don't think he is that far off base. It has taken Blaise allot longer to get his program to this point than it took Dennehy. Blaise inherited a pretty decent program from Whitehead. Chris Serino left MC in shambles. Dennehy had to start from scratch when he came to MC. There weren't any recruits. The whole coaching staff was gone. The roster was all Seniors. He had to deal with a complete tool running the athletic department that all the alumni hated. How many years has Blaise been at UML and he still doesn't have his classes balanced? I still remember the interview he did with NESN five years ago when his team was supposed to compete for home ice and totally collapsed. Eric Freid asked him how he was going to motivate his players and restore their confidence. He stared like a deer in the headlights and admitted that he had no clue how to do that. Fortunately he recognized this shortcoming and brought in guys like Fitzy and later Sean Mceachern to motivate the players.
              MC wasnt in shambles. Shambles is what dennehy did to Fairfield when he took over as head coach, went 1-30 and had the program disolved. Not saying it was his fault but that is shambles, MC was not. Any problems they had were because the school is disfunctional/ They had Ricci, Scmitdt, Healey, Lalonde and others. They were on a huge spiral down winning wise but Serino had success there. More then Dennehy ever has. Serino left with a bad taste but all coaches are hired to be fired. He had great rep at UNH, and is doing very well now and has built nice program at Malden catholic and has tremendous alum support. In fact, he was the only one who ever had success raising cash at MC. Dennehy rode ricci and other serino recruits first couple years. The guy running the athletic dept was a great guy and brought the only energy to it. Amazing how he was part of an admin that won a natl championship, was coveted at Clarkson and left MC to run the Wisconsin hockey program. Has a tremendous reputation and was added recently to the Mens NCAA ice hockey advisory board. Also is part of the ncaa selection committee. He had problems at MC, like every other ad did because the alumni are fractured and toxic to the hockey program. Same reason why Donovan and others resigned and left when Serino did, thus taking huge resources and cash with them. Amazing how as soon as serino left, Malden catholic had a few million dollar plus donations and built turf lacrosse fields, football fields etc, all with money and donors who used to support MC.

frazier didnt have the succes he wanted because MC's alum are non supportive and the board is toxic and like a bunch of school girls. more interested in back stabbing and fighting then pushing agendas. frazier had a huge deal in place, was going to build a new facility with a double rink, add a girls program etc but was back doored by some dope in finance dept who has since moved on, and rightly so. Frazier left because he knew MC was a joke and couldnt get away fast enough.
              had a great carear before MC and has had a great carear after. 4/5 great results and the only bad one beinga place witha history of bs says it all.

MC was so disfunctional that they even hired their coach before the AD and split the alumni base by taking Dennehy over Kiene. Half wanted him and refused to support the new coach, who is doing a great job by focussing only on what he can control and tuning out the foolishness at MC.

MC has screwed Stu, Anderson and just about every other person who walked through the doors. just ask Joe Exter how glad he is to be out of there. The alum didnt like Frazier because he called them on their toxic behavior. Has a tremendous rep and you can google about 50 great articles on him.

Being considered a tool by that alum base is a compliment. Single most disfunctional alum/board in college sports. Couldnt come together to raise 75 cents to save the whales if they had to.

Has had huge success at Wisconsin and is a rising star in admin world. Barry alverezs right hand man.
              Last edited by Hokydad; 11-18-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                MC wasnt in shambles.
                I'll stop you there because Chief wasn't talking about Frazier so the rest of your argument is a moot point

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                that's because you're a moron
                Intelligent statement.

Clearly it's a debatable point but I just think given what Dennehy has had to work with at this point he's done a commendable job and you're starting to see some results. What's the first thing UML talks about with recruits...playing in an arena like Tsongas. Clearly Merrimack does not have that opportunity yet Dennehy has gotten some great recruits. Other than last year's HE playoff run what has Coach MacDonald done of significance? (DUI excluded)

Comment

[QUOTE=warriors16;4470442]I'll stop you there because Chief wasn't talking about Frazier so the rest of your argument is a moot point

Sounded to me like he was.

Comment

Intelligent statement.

Clearly it's a debatable point but I just think given what Dennehy has had to work with at this point he's done a commendable job and you're starting to see some results. What's the first thing UML talks about with recruits...playing in an arena like Tsongas. Clearly Merrimack does not have that opportunity yet Dennehy has gotten some great recruits. Other than last year's HE playoff run what has Coach MacDonald done of significance? (DUI excluded)[/QUOTE]

What has he done? More then Dennehy ever has as a head coach to say the least. Losing in OT in championship game at a dance MC coach has never coached in...

Comment

Sounded to me like he was.
                      he very obviously was not.

as to dennehy's success: yes he has some this year (and i do think he's a good coach), but if you're going to make a comparison between him and blaise, how about we wait until he gets a team into the playoffs before we start?

Comment

well a sober one anyway.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

MC wasnt in shambles.

MC has screwed Stu, Anderson and just about every other person who walked through the doors. just ask Joe Exeter how glad he is to be out of there. The alum didnt like Frazier because he called them on their toxic behavior. Has a tremendous rep and you can google about 50 great articles on him.

Being considered a tool by that alum base is a compliment. Single most disfunctional alum/board in college sports. Couldnt come together to raise 75 cents to save the whales if they had to.

Has had huge success at Wisconsin and is a rising star in admin world. Barry alverezs right hand man.
                          I'm glad that you edited your post a bit but you still left MANY of the run on sentences and spelling errors that you are known for.

What I'd like to know Mr. Merrimack Hockey Fan, who is Joe Exeter?

YOU ARE A DOPE!!!!

Comment

MC wasnt in shambles, my grasp of the English language was, is and will always be.
                            It's also tough being considered a tool by all.
                            Fixed your post mush-mouth!!!

Comment

I'm curious as to who gets the start in net for the warriors. Braith had a terrible first period at BU as we all know. The only goal Cannata gave up in that game after he was put in net at the start of the 2nd was a 5 on 3 goal.

People's thoughts on who should get the start? Both are excellent goaltenders, I think Braith had the slight edge numbers wise going into Saturday's game. Was it an off night for him or a crappy 1st period for the defense, or a combination of both and how does that play into who should get the start this Saturday if it does at all?
                              Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                                I'm curious as to who gets the start in net for the warriors. Braith had a terrible first period at BU as we all know. The only goal Cannata gave up in that game after he was put in net at the start of the 2nd was a 5 on 3 goal.

People's thoughts on who should get the start? Both are excellent goaltenders, I think Braith had the slight edge numbers wise going into Saturday's game. Was it an off night for him or a crappy 1st period for the defense, or a combination of both and how does that play into who should get the start this Saturday if it does at all?
                                Cannata will definitely start. The bigger issue is how they play in the 1st period.

Comment

Working...
                                X