RPI vs St. Lawrence: Saturday, 11/14/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs St. Lawrence: Saturday, 11/14/09

Our Red's on the North Trip and is going for a sweep after defeating Clarkson. UC beat SLU and is also looking for a weekend sweep. Should be a spirited game on Saturday night as home teams seek to avoid rare visitors sweep.

GO RED!
    Last edited by fr joe; 11-14-2009, 06:58 AM.
    Here we come!

Re: RPI vs St. Lawrence: Saturday, 11/14/09

Union beat SLU.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Thread-Starting Statistics:
      Code:
      engineerhockeyfan  3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
      FlagDUDE08         1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      Red Cloud          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
      Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      Ralph Baer         0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
      Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
      engineerhockeyfan 14-16- 4 32 points  .471
      fr joe            13-20- 4 30 points  .405
      Ralph Baer        10-20- 5 25 points  .357
      hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
      Red Cloud         10- 1- 1 21 points  .875
      GRussinko          7-11- 0 14 points  .389
      rpihockeyfan13     5- 4- 0 10 points  .556
      RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
      DrDemento          3- 9- 3  9 points  .300
      HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
      FlagDUDE08         3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
      jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
      RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
      JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
      berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
      REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
      redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      Waite21            0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
      vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
      RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
      ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
      ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Capital district goes for a sweep tonight. Will RPI win? Will Union hold up their end of the bargain? Will St. Lawrence become the first team in the ECAC regular season to score against RPI in the 3rd period? Tonight will tell.

Comment

There are so many positive things happening this year, it is hard to believe that this is RPI hockey.
          This team plays hard for 60 minutes each game, they don't get down when they give up a late goal, they play very good defense and the goal tending has been very good when it had to be.
          And yet, I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out.
          I don't think that it is going to happen this year.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Union beat SLU.
            Correct on UC score...
            Last edited by fr joe; 11-14-2009, 07:00 AM.
            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              There are so many positive things happening this year, it is hard to believe that this is RPI hockey.
              This team plays hard for 60 minutes each game, they don't get down when they give up a late goal, they play very good defense and the goal tending has been very good when it had to be.
              And yet, I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out.
              I don't think that it is going to happen this year.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!
              If we do not suffer any sort of letdown after last night-we should be capable of another good 60 minutes. And it will take that to win as SLU has to be smarting after losing last night. Earlier i would have been happy with a 2-2 start in the ECAC but now I am getting greedy. Missing 3 top forwards we still put up 5 last night. We may need to get that many again tonight. I only hope the refs do not become the story of the game-let them play and stay out of the box. Let's Go Red!!(Perhaps if we win we should have the same fan start the next thread until we lose one? Just a little superstitious here )
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                If we do not suffer any sort of letdown after last night-we should be capable of another good 60 minutes. And it will take that to win as SLU has to be smarting after losing last night. Earlier i would have been happy with a 2-2 start in the ECAC but now I am getting greedy. Missing 3 top forwards we still put up 5 last night. We may need to get that many again tonight. I only hope the refs do not become the story of the game-let them play and stay out of the box. Let's Go Red!!(Perhaps if we win we should have the same fan start the next thread until we lose one? Just a little superstitious here )
                I almost didn't start last night's thread as I had a losing streak that stretched back 9 threads to mid-season 2007. Granted I don't think I have myself to blame for that. But I also think superstition is only as big a deal as we make it out to be.

Headed up to Lake Placid this afternoon then on to Canton for the game tonight. Hope to see some more offensive fireworks out of RPI but I can do without it coming as a 7-6 OT win. Something a little less heart-stopping than last year's game at Appleton would be just fine.
                Last edited by GRussinko; 11-14-2009, 07:29 AM.
                APBWiki

Comment

I don't think that you are giving our defense its proper respect. They have been keeping the opponents in check and the goaltending has come up big in the third period. We won't need five to win tonight, but I will take it.
                  As for superstition, we have had four different people start the last four threads. If we win tonight, we need someone new starting Wednesday's thread. I hope we have enough posters to keep that going for the season.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I don't think that you are giving our defense its proper respect. They have been keeping the opponents in check and the goaltending has come up big in the third period. We won't need five to win tonight, but I will take it.
                    As for superstition, we have had four different people start the last four threads. If we win tonight, we need someone new starting Wednesday's thread. I hope we have enough posters to keep that going for the season.
                    EHF: History has shown us that we usually need as much offense as we can muster up there. Last night we were put in 5 on 3 situations twice-one episode cost us 2 goals quickly. The second time was for an even longer period of time and could have made the difference in the game. I hope that is not the case tonight. There are lots of reason why we have not won both games up there very often-refs calling penalties have sometimes been at fault. Our defense will be fine 5 on 5 but so far this year we have had a number of 5 on 3's and they usually go rather poorly for us. Here's also hoping we have Bergin back in the line up as his offensive potential playing defense will really help. BTW I have always been superstitious when it comes to RPI hockey-I wore the same hat with all my pins on it to every one of the 23 wins I saw in person during the 1984-85 season including the 2 at Joe Louis Arena

Comment

Rabbani is in the lineup and Watts is out.
                      Bergin is out of the lineup and Jensen is in.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Rabbani is in the lineup and Watts is out.
                        Bergin is out of the lineup and Jensen is in.
                        Really sorry to see Bergin out-do we have any information on what sort of injury he sustained? I did not see it happen yesterday. Did anyone?

Comment

BTW: Great music on WRPI pregame today

Comment

Really sorry to see Bergin out-do we have any information on what sort of injury he sustained? I did not see it happen yesterday. Did anyone?
                            Isn't this Jensen's first game this year? I wonder what has been keeping him out of the lineup.
                            Classical music on WRPI, I love it.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Tim is on his own again tonight. And since I didn't see anyone mention it, he did an incredible job last night. It has to be tough keeping track of everything going on by yourself.
                              Great job Tim.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X