College Hockey fans in South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey fans in South Florida

...so I was trying to plan an event to watch the Quinnipiac vs Harvard game here in South Florida tonight, when it dawned on me..."Are there actually any other college hockey fans down here?" I am a QU alumn (2009) and I will admit that before I went to QU I did not know college hockey existed, or at least at the level and intensity it is.

I would like to start some college hockey fan meet ups, maybe go to bars for games etc... if anyone is interested, let me know. I love college hockey and while my bias is obviously in the ECAC and with QU specifically, I will watch any game, and look forward to the games being on ESPNU.

I mean, seriously, there's gotta be SOMEONE who likes NCAA hockey down here, right!

Re: College Hockey fans in South Florida

Reppin' the Q from South Florida... gotta love it!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Well, I used to be in extreme south FL (Key West), and I can tell you that the kids (and their parents) at the roller hockey rink were all rabid Panthers fans--but hadn't a clue about college. Now that I'm in St. Pete--right near the Trop--I'll say that there's a big difference: they haven't even heard of the Bolts up here.
      Just a slight exaggeration: there is midget hockey here, which is how SLU happened to get a kid from Palm Harbor. But I wear my SLU cap everywhere, and the only reaction I get is to the ugly mug beneath it.

Comment

My whole family is in Boca. I'm there several times a year

Comment

anyone around South Florida tomorrow...I am setting up a watch party for #9 Quinnipiac vs #10 UMass. Reply if you are interested!

Comment

Working...
          X