Lest not Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lest not Forget

My parents grew up in war ravaged Europe in WW2. One of my Grandparents fought in WW1. The first husband off my grandmother lost his life in 1916.

Let us all remember all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice to allow us to have the freedom we have today.

11:11 Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by OnMAA; 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM. Reason: sp

Re: Lest not Forget

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    My parents grew up in war ravaged Europe in WW2. One of my Grandparents fought in WW1. The first husband off my grandmother lost his life in 1916.

Let us all remember all of those who made the ultimate scacrifice to allow us to have the freedom we have today.

Amen OnMAA

Comment

Yes, on days like today, Veteran's Day, it makes all this rather insignificant in the big picture.. women's ice hockey is just a game v. fighting terrorism.. we have family members who chose to join the military, even after graduating from college, to serve their country for a greater good.. I admire them and what they are doing as much as I am concerned for their safety..and all of these blogs seem silly in comparison..except that we can enjoy our freedom and pursuits because of it. Please stop for a moment today and think a kind thought for those in the military - they are not forgotten just as the threat of another 9/11 is not taken for granted because of them.

Comment

My grandparents saw 6 of their son's enlist in the infantry during WWII and they were dispatched to various places in Europe to fight for our freedom. 3 came home and 3 did not.

When I was growing up we were taught to respect this day unlike any other and I managed to teach my kids the importance of it all.

These days it seems Nov 11th is nothing more than a day off to collect at the malls and do a little shopping.

Lest we forget my freinds...Lest we forget.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post

Let us all remember all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice to allow us to have the freedom we have today.

Agreed - Amen and good work.

Comment

Working...
          X