(Bubbalicious) Ferris State @ (#1) Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Bubbalicious) Ferris State @ (#1) Miami

Well...this will most likely be the toughest challenge of the year for the FSU Bulldogs. And, Ferris State has Miami, Ohio State, and Western Michigan in their CCHA cluster. So it will be a tough year maybe.

On the nationally ranked bubble Ferris State Hockey taking on the #1 Miami Redhawks this weekend.

The Coverage:

Television: Both games televised on Ohio News Network (ONN) in Ohio. Friday's game is televised on the NHL Network.

Online Video: The Online Video feed provided by Miami will cost $6.95 for the "Month". You cannot buy a per game subscription. The link: http://all-access.cbssports.com/play...h&media=142919

The Radio: Miami's 1490am WKBV (Greg Waddell)
    Ferris State's 100.9fm WWBR (Dominic Hennig)

Listen to the game for Free: the Ferris State Bulldogs will provide free audio coverage of the game, here is the link. (You need Real Player to listen) http://161.57.5.17/ramgen/broadcast/test.rm (Dominic Hennig)

Live Stats: Miami's GameTracker: http://www.muredhawks.com/gametracke...&startschool=&
    Ferris State's College Hockey Stats: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...x/mfsumiaa.n13

The Rankings: USCHO: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1m&week=poll
    USA Today: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=national

Information: Ferris State Hockey (7-3-0 Overall, 2-2-0 CCHA, 6-0 @ Home) @ Miami (Ohio) Hockey (8-1-1 Overall, 5-0-1 CCHA, 3-0-1 @ Home). Ferris State swept the Bowling Green State Falcons at home this weekend, while the Miami Redhawks swept the Michigan Wolverines. Miami may be #1 in the country, but when they were #2 in the country two seasons ago, the Bulldogs swept Miami at home, and then beat Michigan in overtime at home the next weekend. I know how good Michigan is, but any team can beat any team in College Hockey. Ferris State currently has the defensemen and freshman player of the week in the CCHA right now, while Miami has the Forward, and Goaltender player of the week in the CCHA right now.

Your Guy's Thoughts and Predictions?
    Last edited by FerrisStateHockeyFan; 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM.

Re: (Bubbalicious) Ferris State @ (#1) Miami

Bubbalicious? You're gonna want that one back...

Especially when this one sits here
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good call, I didn't see that one.

What can ya do? Good write up though, eh?

Comment

Not bad, but it looked like you hijacked someone's press release. Not good around here if you provide the link. Be careful...

God, that was fun...

Comment

I like it, the recaps perfect. Thanks FerrisStateHockeyFan.

Jeeze Hammer, Someone from FSU is trying to promote your boys, probably took a lot of time and effort, and that's what you can say?

I'm actually glad this person did this, it breaks down all the press/media for the game, and I don't have to go site to site on game day and what not.

Thanks FerrisStateHockeyFan. And I know where this person was going with the Bubblicious. Most hockey players call it that, meaning your "On the Bubble"...Bubblicious? You never heard of that before?

Comment

Ha! Well I'll take that as a comment then Hammer. I did not steal that from anyone's press release. I took the links, that was about it from the websites. Other than that, I made it all up right here in the chat box.

Thanks though CCHAFan

Comment

If it's your own work, then great. I don't want to hear anything if you get the hook for taking someone else's work. It's happened around here a few times before. Again, be careful.

Look. I'm about as friendly a face as a Ferris fan is going to see around here. Trust me. I know what I'm doing. I've got a good idea of what works around here and what gets people ridiculed off of here. You don't hang around here for over a decade and not pick up a few things. Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you here.
              Last edited by Hammer; 11-10-2009, 11:54 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's all good Hammer, thanks man.

But yeah, thats strictly all my own work. You plan on watching, or listening to Hennig for free this weekend?

Comment

Unfortunately, not likely. I live about 1/4 mile from Adrian College's arena, and they have their home opener this weekend. I've gotten to know the coaching staff and a few of the parents and others surrounding the program, and I've gotten attached to them as well. D-III hockey isn't that bad at all. I was surprised at first.

Plus there's a helluva high school football game that I may take in on Friday night, depending on the weather. It's either going to be Mendon-Hudson or Adrian killing Northland. If I'm home in time on Saturday I may do that game.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Big weekend in Oxford, Miami has faced a lot of good competition in the first 5 weeks and, although they have only played about one complete game to their potential (Saturdays 5-1 whomping at Yost), they still find a way to win the games when they only play a period or two. With their performance last weekend I think most of us 'Skins/'Hawks backers are pumped that they will finally play full games and not let the foot off the pedal (re: UNH 5-5 tie). Over the past few seasons we had an awful record when the opponent scored first, this season they are a nice 3-1-0 though (wins over St Cloud, UNH, and Michigoon).

Also happy that everyone is coming back from Ann Arbor injury-free after the goons started headhunting (and trying to stab with skates) in the 3rd.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked with a weekend split. But like two seasons ago, the Bulldogs swept #2 Nationally ranked Miami Redhawks at home. So we'll see.

I know the buildings real beautiful, and they sell out all their games, but how is the atmosphere at the Goggin? Loud? Or just like any other rink?

Comment

"Miami leads the all-time series with Ferris State by a slim 41-39-13 count and by only 21-20-5 in Oxford. The Bulldogs are 3-0-1 in their last four meetings with the RedHawks," - MURedhawks.com

That's an interesting Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
                          I wouldn't be shocked with a weekend split. But like two seasons ago, the Bulldogs swept #2 Nationally ranked Miami Redhawks at home. So we'll see.

I know the buildings real beautiful, and they sell out all their games, but how is the atmosphere at the Goggin? Loud? Or just like any other rink?
                          In an interview recently with Michigan's goalie Bryan Hogan he said (paraphasing) that it was the most hostile atmosphere he has played in and it starts with the warmups.

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post

as jd said the atmospher is wonderful. The students line up hours before the game to get in as it is first come first serve for the limited free student tickets.

Like I said over at the miami thread, this is a scary series. On paper Miami has superior talent, but Ferris has had Miami's number and Bob Daniels is a good coach. This will be a test for Miami more mentally than anything because of their tough first 10 games they had. Hopefully they don't have a let down, but like Bill Parcell's always says you are what you record is and 7-3 is solid so until further notice I think this will be a tough series.
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

It's nice to see some of the bigger schools actually respect Ferris State. FSU doesn't do bad at all with the size of the rink they have, the city (second poorest in Michigan), a population of only 10,000 without the students. And a school of 13,800.

Look at it that way, and the teams/schools Ferris State is beating with the recruits they CAN GET is pretty darn good. Other than their place last year, they've been well in the recent years. And last year was a fluke, FSU was going for a top 4 place and went 1-8 in their last 9 games.

Whatever it is, it could easily be a sweep on Ferris State, it could easily be a split, and Ferris State can also definitely sweep Miami as well this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X