Alaska @ BG, Nov. 13 & 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska @ BG, Nov. 13 & 14

BG fans usually have their own fan blog thing going so we probably need to start our own game thread here. BG is winless but has been within reach in most their games. They won’t stay win-less, so every game they’re due. If we don’t take our “A” game on the road, we’ll lose one of these.

After four conference games BG is 12th in offense, 11th in defense, 12th in PP, 11th in PK, and the second most penalized team. The Nooks are 4th in offense, 2nd in defense, 3rd on the PP, 9th on PK, and one of the least penalized teams. Crap. We’ve inched into the top ten this week, only because we haven’t screwed the pooch yet. Let’s keep it that way.

This will be our first game not on "big ice", and first trip “outside of Alaska”, which I guess is some sort of important qualifier to some. I guess the fact that all our returning players have more miles on them than Amy Winehouse goes for naught.

Petovello will be out awhile. Hopefully B. Knelsen is back. A couple of the guys were sick last weekend but still played. Anyone unexpected not traveling or injured?

Go Nooks!

Re: Alaska @ BG, Nov. 13 & 14

Bump.
    Futility is thy name.

Go Nooks!

Comment

I think adjusting to the small ice surface will be tougher than the travel, which most of them are used to, except the freshmen. On defense one mistake on the small ice and you have a problem, I hope our defensemen will be making good outlet passes and not putting the puck in the middle of the ice, or making lazy passes.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        BG is winless but has been within reach in most their games. They won’t stay win-less, so every game they’re due. If we don’t take our “A” game on the road, we’ll lose one of these.
        I wouldn't be too worried. My Falcons have scored three or more goals exactly once, and they'll have a tough time against Alaska's defense.
        Go Falcons!

Comment

Well about the only analysis I can offer is that if we really are #9, we should sweep this one. But BG took a tough UNO team to the limit, and they have nothing to lose at the moment. Should be interesting to watch. GCI 1 is tape-delaying both games at 7:00 PM AK time Friday and Saturday in Anchorage and statewide. I think Fox 7 in Fairbanks will have them live.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            GCI 1 is tape-delaying both games at 7:00 PM AK time Friday and Saturday in Anchorage and statewide. I think Fox 7 in Fairbanks will have them live.
            One can listen to BG's student broadcasters at http://qtss.bgsu.edu:8080/wbgufm/index-hi.html. The pregame show starts 30 minutes before face-off. (QuickTime is required.)
            Go Falcons!

Comment

fairbanks radio is also avaible at alaskananooks.com or thru ksua radio website
              go nooks

Comment

I guess turn about is fair play. Danny Martin’s article in this morning’s Newsminer said that Braden Walls is back from injury and is making the trip to Bowling Green. Normally, using a guy that graduated last year is probably frowned upon, but maybe the refs won’t “catch it.”

I hope Brandon Knelsen, who is also recovering from an injury, and who is actually on the team, made the trip and is 100% this weekend.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Interesting article because the Bowling green coach is explaining the wierd bounces off their boards and says it has to do with the cold weather outside. It's fifty degrees outside and he's talking to a reporter from Fairbanks about cold weather. I hope Bowling Green comes here in Jan-Feb and we can show him cold weather.

Comment

braden walls is a busy guy, apparently returning for a fifth year after destroying doc delcastillo's career - THAT MAN HAS POWER!
                    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Here.

“We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Congrats to BG for the win. I only saw about 5 minutes of the first period and 10 of the third. Pretty uninspired Nook play from what I saw. Looked like BG just wanted it more and outworked them all the way around. Losing is one thing, getting badly outworked is another. Tomorrow becomes a big game, if not for points, for confidence.

Comment

Congrats to BG for the win. I only saw about 5 minutes of the first period and 10 of the third. Pretty uninspired Nook play from what I saw. Looked like BG just wanted it more and outworked them all the way around. Losing is one thing, getting badly outworked is another. Tomorrow becomes a big game, if not for points, for confidence.
                          ditto.
                          The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Congrats to BG for the win.
                            Thanks. I am shocked. Pleased, but shocked. My guys came out on fire in the first, but I've seen that before, followed by a second period collapse. A few bounces in different directions and the outcome could have been different.

Mrs. Spiehler and I had the pleasure of a trip to Fairbanks in January, 2004. The Falcons split two games with the Nanooks.
                            Go Falcons!

Comment

I didnt see any of the game, but just based on the box score Alaska was completely out of sync tonight. We'll see if they have their feet under them tomorrow.
                              MICHIGAN STATE
                              1966:1986:2007

Comment

Working...
                              X