Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ UND - November 13-14

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
    I saw on my Twitter that Garrett Roe was suspended for Friday's game for the generic "violation of team rules" suspension and has a bruised eye. I can only speculate here....
    http://www.sctimes.com/article/20091...spended-1-game
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      What if everybody is wrong and the Huskies get three points this weekend?
      They would have to win a game at the Ralph. It's a well established fact that visiting teams don't win here..

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/140607/

16 game home unbeaten streak (longest in the nation)
      No SCSU player has ever won a game at the Ralph.

Keep dreaming.

Interesting to note that arena officials estimated that for this weekend's sold out games, there was enough demand for 5,000 more tickets to be sold each night.
      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
        They would have to win a game at the Ralph. It's a well established fact that visiting teams don't win here..

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/140607/

16 game home unbeaten streak (longest in the nation)
        No SCSU player has ever won a game at the Ralph.

Keep dreaming.

Interesting to note that arena officials estimated that for this weekend's sold out games, there was enough demand for 5,000 more tickets to be sold each night.
        Hey, sometimes dreaming is all a guy has!

Too bad about Roe but it's good to hear Eddy is back. Hopefully he's not rushing his return like Feslter did last year....

One of these years I'm going to have to make the trip to GF. I'd love to see the stadium.
        "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Streak's were made to be broken.
          Stupid move on Roe's part, whatever it is.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

At least we'll see the SCSU diving team member on Sat night though.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              At least we'll see the SCSU diving team member on Sat night though.
              He doesn't dive, he embellishes
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                He doesn't dive, he embellishes
                Robbie Earl came back to the collegiate level?
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Eight days until Denver. Should be a great series.

Remember when Wisconsin fans said Earl didn't dive, he just fell down easily because of his style of skating on his edges? That was classic stuff.
                  Last edited by Dirty; 11-12-2009, 10:50 AM.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I wonder what line Eddy's going to play on? I wouldn't mind seeing him play with Lasch and Leblanc on the top line.

I wonder what Roe did? Maybe someone should search the police reports....
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I wonder what line Eddy's going to play on? I wouldn't mind seeing him play with Lasch and Leblanc on the top line.

I wonder what Roe did? Maybe someone should search the police reports....
                      If it was police related, I would hope it would be a more than 1 game suspension.
                      Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                      Robbie Earl came back to the collegiate level?
                      Well they don't call diving, so I can't say he dives, but he does embellish and he gets away with it, has since his freshman year.
                      I figure if the refs won't call it, why not try it.
                      Looking to exploit an advantage is what good teams should do to win.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Remember when Wisconsin fans said Earl didn't dive, he just fell down easily because of his style of skating on his edges? That was classic stuff.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          I will be the first to admit Roe dives. In some cases it is a good play, but I tend to think he does it to much and takes himself out of plays he should be fighting through.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I will be the first to admit Roe dives. In some cases it is a good play, but I tend to think he does it to much and takes himself out of plays he should be fighting through.
                            I'll be the second one to admit that Roe dives. He's good at it, though. Most of his dives would rate at least a 9 or 10 by a panel of independent judges.
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Well they don't call diving, so I can't say he dives, but he does embellish and he gets away with it, has since his freshman year.
                              I figure if the refs won't call it, why not try it.
                              Looking to exploit an advantage is what good teams should do to win.
                              I'm glad you condone cheating. Next you're going to tell me the pick shouldn't be called for interference. While we're at it, let's condone spearing and letting Dirty jump on the ice and tackle Cheverie.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                                I'm glad you condone cheating. Next you're going to tell me the pick shouldn't be called for interference. While we're at it, let's condone spearing and letting Dirty jump on the ice and tackle Cheverie.
                                Seems a little mean to tackle a guy hobbling around due to his leg being sliced up. I'd still do it though.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X