Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU @ UND - November 13-14

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    no, no you can't. A point man dumps the puck in...you can't hit him 10 seconds later and say oh he had the puck. And if you're watching Marvin, he's keying up on him. He clearly had intent to hit Genoway and my guess is with intent to injure. It was a scumbag hit and a yearlong suspension should be in order.
    First of all check the rules buddy. Of course you can't check him 10 seconds later, but that isn't what happend here. You clearly are clueless so I am done debating this with you.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      Question for you. Have you ever played hockey? I would think if you have you would see how these things happen. I agree players need to play more in control and when they don't they have to pay the price by sitting out. However, in the heat of the battle and when you go to hit a guy at full speed these things happen sometime and your arms get up to high. I guarantee not every time these type of hits happen the guy is trying to hurt the other guy. Marvin has never been a dirty player in the past, so I think he should get he benefit of the doubt. Like I said before it doesn't make what he did right, but there is a difference between playing hard and a little careless and trying to hurt someone.
      I know for a fact that MNS has played hockey, including HS hockey if I am not mistaken, at a non-crappy HS, no less.

This particular hit was maybe not 100% to injure, but IMO I think Marvin wanted to ring his bell a little.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Yearlong?
        Nice overreaction.
        Sloe is the king of the over reaction.

Question for you. Have you ever played hockey?
        You should have just brought up his post count and lost the verbal argument that way instead.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

First of all check the rules buddy. Of course you can't check him 10 seconds later, but that isn't what happend here. You clearly are clueless so I am done debating this with you.
          This stance doesn't make sense. You continually debate things with FTLT.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Where did I say it wasn't against the rules to hit him high?
            I'm just saying I don't believe you can argue it was automatically intent to injure.
            I didn't say you did. I actually agreed with you for once.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I know for a fact that MNS has played hockey, including HS hockey if I am not mistaken, at a non-crappy HS, no less.

This particular hit was maybe not 100% to injure, but IMO I think Marvin wanted to ring his bell a little.
              Then he needs to take his UND glasses off and realize it's possible he wasn't trying to hurt him. It's easy for a guy to hit someone high when you have 5 inches on them especially when they are leaning against the boards.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

You should have just brought up his post count and lost the verbal argument that way instead.
                True, and true.

1 game is fair, I guess. I would've said 2 games, if only for the attention those kinds of hits have been given in the last couple of years.

And scsutommy: take off your beer goggles and realize that it looked like intent to injure. We'll never know for sure, but it looked like it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  This stance doesn't make sense. You continually debate things with FTLT.
                  I do that just to pi$s her off.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I do that just to pi$s her off.
                    Geist might shoot you though, so you should probably just let him remain angry.
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Nothing like a good "UND whining about the Refs again" fest to make everyone else smile. Has UND ever lost a single game when it wasn't the refs fault? I didn't think so.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        Nothing like a good "UND whining about the Refs again" fest to make everyone else smile. Has UND ever lost a single game when it wasn't the refs fault? I didn't think so.
                        Tonight.
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          I am?

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Geist might shoot you though, so you should probably just let him remain angry.
                          probably
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                            no, no you can't. A point man dumps the puck in...you can't hit him 10 seconds later and say oh he had the puck. And if you're watching Marvin, he's keying up on him. He clearly had intent to hit Genoway and my guess is with intent to injure. It was a scumbag hit and a yearlong suspension should be in order.
                            C'mon, Sand Vag...that's a little extreme. If this was the NHL, he'd have gotten maybe 2 games depending on how Colin Campbell felt that day. You're starting to sound like a Gopher fan with all the crying you do about officials and teams being out to get you.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              C'mon, Sand Vag...that's a little extreme. If this was the NHL, he'd have gotten maybe 2 games depending on how Colin Campbell felt that day. You're starting to sound like a Gopher fan with all the crying you do about officials and teams being out to get you.
                              I just saw the hit on a blog, and it looked pretty deliberate. Marvin made no attempt to hit Genoway from the side--he lined him him and drove him facefirst into the glass. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin get a couple more games from the WCHA or SCSU.
                              Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                                I just saw the hit on a blog, and it looked pretty deliberate. Marvin made no attempt to hit Genoway from the side--he lined him him and drove him facefirst into the glass. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin get a couple more games from the WCHA or SCSU.
                                I'm gonna say that tonight was the only game he'll be suspended for.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X