Crazy-Azz Cronin Welcomes Timid Timmay pher 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy-Azz Cronin Welcomes Timid Timmay pher 2

Battle of the have-nots at Matthewz for 2. Angry Jack donates a win to the Maine program, Cronin's gotta get something going. Maine cant win on the road, University of Northeastern () sweeps.

This series aka the yaughner of the weekend.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: Crazy-Azz Cronin Welcomes Timid Timmay pher 2

Last weekend NU got 0 HE pts.. this wknd we managed 2 pts..

Nxt weekend i'd like for us to get 4 pts but i know nothing about your program or team this yr so perhaps 4 pts is a lot to ask for..

I know Maine had a rough start but least in HE you guys are 2-2. Four pts won't be easy. Anyway, just hoping for 2 great gms & it'll be nice to see Tim Whitehead at Matthews again.

PS: Why is Coach Cronin referred to as 'Crazy Azz'.. due his prior Maine connections?.. or is there a story to tell
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I think this is an very important series for NU. Being at home they have to take at least three if they still want to be a home ice type team. Take only two and I think home ice is starting to get harder and harder to achive, I know its early but at somepoint you just fall to far behind.

Many Maine fans plan on making the trip down? If you are I suggest getting tickets asap...last two home games have sold out and the arena lost close to 1,000 seats with the renovations...

On that note that doesn't even seem possible, it doesn't seem that different but then again I'm not well versed in the fire code rules...still doesn't seem like its 1,000 folks smaller....
      MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

We can't win on the road. NU sweeps... 3-2 and 3-1
        You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
        ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
        ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
        ...you hate UNH.

Comment

We're out a lot of players due injuries, so i don't know if it'll be one of those 2 pt wknds with us splitting two ties. I'd be disappointed with that but our bench is thin right now.

Couple that with the fact that you have beaten Vermont, BU & also Michigan State. The State gm does not concern me.. it's that you have a 2 gm winning streak coming into this wknd.. that concerns me. Your team confidence has to be up with those wins. i wouldn't be so hard on yourselves.

I see a well fought/tough couple gms for NU.. hopefully we can get the 3 or 4 pts.. but perhaps we get just 2. No walkover this.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

any word on all those injuries? I know some were just short term and illness type of things...
            Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

I'm never sure whether or not I should congratulate Maine fans after a win anymore, but that's two in a row. The optimist in me says that who ever comes in after the torch and alternator bearing mob drives Timmay out of Orono is in good shape. Nyquist is awesome.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

...not only 2 in a row, they beat two top 10 teams, back to back. Now i know BU will prob fall out of the top 10 (perhaps even top 20 this week), who cares.. but at the time of the gms, UMaine beat two top 10 teams back to back.

My Huskies better come to play with intensity otherwise it'll be 3 or 4 in a row for the BlackBears. And then Timmay will stay put.. Forefeit weekend!!!
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  ...not only 2 in a row, they beat two top 10 teams, back to back. Now i know BU will prob fall out of the top 10 (perhaps even top 20 this week), who cares.. but at the time of the gms, UMaine beat two top 10 teams back to back.

My Huskies better come to play with intensity otherwise it'll be 3 or 4 in a row for the BlackBears. And then Timmay will stay put.. Forefeit weekend!!!
                  I have to give credit where it's due. You're pretty good at this.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                    any word on all those injuries? I know some were just short term and illness type of things...
                    ..no idea. I think Coach keeps this close to the vest, least until Friday.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Worst case scenario, Maine splits. This team is now playing with some confidence and grit. NU is good, but without Thiessen I don't think they are quite the same team as last year.

Comment

This maine team seems to get better every game I see. If the team can avoid its second period slumps that it had against vermont and BU then I think the huskies would be lucky to pick up 2 points.

Comment

One positive i see is Rawlings (our freshman goalie) playing well at home, feeding off the home crowd energy. We are unbeaten at Mathews so far..

..on the other hand, the first loss will happen sooner or later.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Whats Darling road record? Thats the key, Maine gets good goaltending and they can beat NU. If not.....
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              One positive i see is Rawlings (our freshman goalie) playing well at home, feeding off the home crowd energy. We are unbeaten at Mathews so far..

..on the other hand, the first loss will happen sooner or later.
                              The whole team seems to raise their game at home. As great as Rawlings was, the d-men were incredibly active clearing rebounds for him on Friday...if they hang him out to dry bu scores 3 or 4 easy.

What was the home record last year? 12-3-2? Not a bad home-ice advantage....I just hope it holds up, cause we need it!

Comment

Working...
                              X