Lowell @ Huntsville 11/13-11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell @ Huntsville 11/13-11/14

Figures that Lowell is still closer than Huntsville from where I am. Odd that these games are here but that's how they schedule them and that's how they'll play them.

We need to come out of Huntsville with 4 points... no let downs.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: Lowell @ Huntsville 11/13-11/14

if lowell doesn't win by six on aggregate i'll be sorely disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      if lowell doesn't win by six on aggregate i'll be sorely disappointed
      Hopefully we can pull that off. We'll see.

Any UAH'ers on here want to give us an idea of what we can expect from their team?
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Huntsville is 0-4 at home, 3-5 overall, including a huge win at Notre Dame.

Looking at their schedule, they've strangely lost four straight games by a 2-1 score, the last two in OT.

I'd like to see Lowell go in and make it look easy, but something tells me that won't happen. Their goalie (Cameron Talbot) looks to be a good one. He's played all 8 games, has a 2.11 GAA and a very impressive 93.8% save rate. He's averaging 32+ saves a game! His save rate is tied for 5th in the country. The problem for UAH appears to be that they can't score. They've scored an underwhelming 16 goals in 8 games (including obviously 4 in their last 4).

Should be two wins, but it doesn't appear as if they'll be runaways, only thanks to Talbot.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          The problem for UAH appears to be that they can't score. They've scored an underwhelming 16 goals in 8 games (including obviously 4 in their last 4).
          The power play sitting at 2-for-44 on the season looks to be a big part of that problem.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

There was an article on the UAH program in Sports Illustrated a few weeks back. If anyone has it handy and has any interesting details, maybe they can share? (The only thing I remember was some discussion about their conference folding after this season.....)
            Last edited by WisemanFromUmass-Lowell; 11-09-2009, 06:52 PM.
            Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Our power play is abysmal. We do a decent job sustaining offensive pressure 5-on-5, just not putting the puck in the net. Once on the man advantage it's a lot of passing and not a lot of shooting.

Practically all of our goals allowed the last three games have the result of sloppy passing in our defensive end hanging Cam out to dry.

The freshman line of Desmet-Cseter*-Bruni has been a pleasant surprise, and I'd like to see them get even more ice time.

*Pronounced CEE-ter (think a tree, like "cedar")
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike.
                Originally posted by WisemanFromUmass-Lowell View Post
                There was an article on the UAH program in Sports Illustrated a few weeks back. If anyone has it handy and has any interesting details, maybe they can share? (The only thing I remember was some discussion about their conference folding after this season.....)
                Yeah, UAH is going to be the only independent in college hockey next year as the AHA is going away. It's too bad too.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Thanks for the info Mike.

Yeah, UAH is going to be the only independent in college hockey next year as the AHA is going away. It's too bad too.
                  The CHA is the one that is going away, the AHA is gaining 2 of the CHA's teams.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    The CHA is the one that is going away, the AHA is gaining 2 of the CHA's teams.
                    That's right, thanks for the correction.
                    Monty

Comment

Check UAH shots on goal so far this season, They have outshot teams almost every game, They move the puck and get shots on goal. Lowell better not take this team lightly. Hopefully they will have a good week of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by ushl d man View Post
                        Check UAH shots on goal so far this season, They have outshot teams almost every game, They move the puck and get shots on goal. Lowell better not take this team lightly. Hopefully they will have a good week of practice.
                        Not sure what you mean. They've been outshot 276-217 in their games this year. Their first four games of the year (all on the road), they were outshot in all the games by a whopping 77 shots combined. In their last four games (all home), they've outshot opponents by 18 combined.

A little more from the stats side, their PK is at 82.9% (which would drop them right in the middle of HE), Lowell's at 85.7%. Lowell's scoring at a 28.3% PP clip though, so that'll be a tough test for UAH.

I think Lowell needs to win both games. But I do agree that they better not take them lightly.
                        Monty

Comment

How's the rain from the hurricane doing?
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by ushl d man View Post

UAH is a pretty good team and already be Notre Dame. Not a team to over look or not respect.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              UAH is a pretty good team and already be Notre Dame. Not a team to over look or not respect.
                              of course you also posted on our blog that you thought vermont was a good team so i mean you're not exactly speaking from any position of great authority

Comment

Working...
                              X