Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan State vs. Michigan - Can't we all just get along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan State vs. Michigan - Can't we all just get along?

Friday at Yost, Saturday at Munn -who will prevail? Let's talk!
    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    - Mark Twain

Re: Michigan State vs. Michigan - Can't we all just get along?

Uggh, i hate playing michigan; It's too stressful but this year i think we will be up to the task. Last year, we could not move the puck through the neutral zone and we could not stop michigan from doing so. We couldn't win battles along the boards and we couldn't win races to loose pucks but this year will not look anything like last year. I still have no idea how we will react at Yost or against michigan. Pretty much every weekend so far this season i have had similar questions and we have passed all tests with flying colors and if we can compete well this weekend and even take some points then i will be 100% confident that this team is ready to contend for top spots in the CCHA and do damage in the tournament.

Michigan is off to a bit of a rough start but i would bet my cats that it's not long before they go back to tearing it up. Hopefully they will have not yet found their legs.

Comment

Not much.

You?

Comment

I feel like you guys should have labeled this MSU vs. UM - The Best Rivalry in College Hockey just to yank some people's chains a bit.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I feel like you guys should have labeled this MSU vs. UM - The Best Rivalry in College Hockey just to yank some people's chains a bit.
          I guess I'm not into yanking chains much. That sort of thing tends to bite you if you're not careful. Besides, we see you guys in a couple weeks - what if I did something to make you mad?
          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
          - Mark Twain

Comment

I really don't know what to expect out of some of your favorite obsession, Michigan. This past weekend had to be one of the worst 2 days of hockey by a team from Michigan in Ann Arbor for quite some time. Friday had a lot of *chances* but none that did anything. Saturday was played a little harder, but that was totally offset by Miami playing that much more in control.

And, of course, egos being what they are, Michigan lost composure in the 3rd.

Red really called them out in the press conference. So it will be interesting to see how they react this weekend against the big rival. Protest against Red and lay and egg, or listen and actually work hard as a team?

Of players to watch- the only ones of decent note- Scooter Vaughn is playing quite well on Wing, AJ Treias looks to be pretty good, and Chris Brown is so far the #1 Freshman. Other than that, nothing special out of the usual suspects. Or, should I really say, nothing at all, to date.

Don't be surprised if Michigoon comes out if MSU out hustles them all weekend. Kinda sad to see, really.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I really don't know what to expect out of some of your favorite obsession, Michigan. This past weekend had to be one of the worst 2 days of hockey by a team from Michigan in Ann Arbor for quite some time. Friday had a lot of *chances* but none that did anything. Saturday was played a little harder, but that was totally offset by Miami playing that much more in control.

And, of course, egos being what they are, Michigan lost composure in the 3rd.

Red really called them out in the press conference. So it will be interesting to see how they react this weekend against the big rival. Protest against Red and lay and egg, or listen and actually work hard as a team?

Of players to watch- the only ones of decent note- Scooter Vaughn is playing quite well on Wing, AJ Treias looks to be pretty good, and Chris Brown is so far the #1 Freshman. Other than that, nothing special out of the usual suspects. Or, should I really say, nothing at all, to date.

Don't be surprised if Michigoon comes out if MSU out hustles them all weekend. Kinda sad to see, really.
              On obsession: No problem with being preoccupied with rival #1, is there?

Regarding MSU's opponent this weekend - when a team's expectations are so high (picked universally as #1 in CCHA this year) and proceeds to fall on its face two straight, of course the uglier side of human nature is going to come out.
              Great grist for the mill, that R.B. interview.

Discipline, or lack thereof, will be a big factor this weekend. Just ask UNO - who benefited somewhat from Spartans' inability to stay out of the penalty box on Saturday.

Conversely, U-M could help us by putting our top power play group on the ice too. Of Tropp's NCAA-leading 15 points, 9 of them have come 5-on-4.
              MSU has also shored up its defense in a big way this year. Even when we turn the puck over (and we did plenty of that on Saturday), if it's in the neutral zone we have the ability to recover.

While the second line has been surprisingly quiet, the freshman-heavy 3rd and 4th lines have taken up the slack. Watch out for Hayes and Chelios.

Palmisano in net has not had a single bad game. I think he'll frustrate the Wolverines in at least one of these games.

Comment

By the way, a Yost ticket has fallen into my "lucky" hands.
                Anybody else of the 5 or 6 State fans left on this board is making the trip on Friday, Nov. 13? I'm sure no-one from the other side will be in East Lansing on Saturday.
                Last edited by owslachief; 11-09-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  By the way, a Yost ticket has fallen into my "lucky" hands.
                  Anybody else of the 5 or 6 State fans left on this board is making the trip on Friday, Nov. 13? I'm sure no-one from the other side will be in East Lansing on Saturday.
                  I'm working on a pair of tickets. If it works out, I'll be there loud and proud regardless of how many of them spit on me.
                  Last edited by Gomer; 11-09-2009, 09:33 AM.
                  maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                    I'm working on a pair of tickets. If it works out, I'll be there loud and proud regardless of how many of them spit on me.
                    Well, I guess as long as you leave the bombs at home, you'll be alright.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091...baffles-police

Comment

I wish I could make the trip.
                      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        You really need to work on your sarcasm ...
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Well, I guess as long as you leave the bombs at home, you'll be alright.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091...baffles-police
                          Do you really want to go there? =)

*****https://home.comcast.net/~darwinsmonkey/unabomber.jpg******

IT'S ON!
                          maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Just stay out from under the team bus, okay?
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                              Do you really want to go there? =)

IT'S ON!
                              I'll bet that baseball looked like a grapefruit to you. Hit waaay back ... going ... going ...

Comment

Working...
                              X