Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan State vs. Michigan - Can't we all just get along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State vs. Michigan - Can't we all just get along?

I like it when Class A hockey teams' fans argue amongst themselves.

Sorry, my apologies. Didn't see that the Pee-Wees also are in the mix (Twitch, I'm looking at you).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I like it when Class A hockey teams' fans argue amongst themselves.

Sorry, my apologies. Didn't see that the Pee-Wees also are in the mix (Twitch, I'm looking at you).
      Finding new hobbies for in a few weeks when the Gophers no longer have enough players to field a team? They're dropping like flies.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
        Finding new hobbies for in a few weeks when the Gophers no longer have enough players to field a team? They're dropping like flies.
        Well, since we can never have the #1 ReCrUiTiNg ClAsS of AlL tImE every year (c) MI we have to deal with such issues.

Either that, or we're so good, even the superstars can't get playing time.

Doesn't matter to me which one you believe.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, since we can never have the #1 ReCrUiTiNg ClAsS of AlL tImE every year (c) MI we have to deal with such issues.

Either that, or we're so good, even the superstars can't get playing time.

Doesn't matter to me which one you believe.
          I don't know if we can compare to the Defense for the Ages. They did manage to hold Minnesota's powerhouse offense to only 5 goals last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Only if we can have Tony Tuzzolino
            State has one of the best fighters to ever play in the college game in Jim Cummins and instead you go for that guy? Nice choice.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I don't know if we can compare to the Defense for the Ages. They did manage to hold Minnesota's powerhouse offense to only 5 goals last Saturday.
              We didn't want to run up the score.

Comment

We didn't want to run up the score.
                Probably should have to counteract those first couple games.

Comment

Probably should have to counteract those first couple games.
                  Naw. It's a shadows/mirrors game. Keep an even keel under the radar, then boom! The F5/F4 won't know what hit 'em. Ask tUMD/BSU last year. We tutored them a bit, out of pure generosity.

Comment

Naw. It's a shadows/mirrors game. Keep an even keel under the radar, then boom! The F5/F4 won't know what hit 'em. Ask tUMD/BSU last year. We tutored them a bit, out of pure generosity.
                    I thought you guys were busy teaching Michigan/Notre Dame/Denver how to choke in the first round of the tournament. Couldn't have been much time for tutoring tUMD/BSU between that and being able to hit the greens early.

Comment

I thought you guys were busy teaching Michigan/Notre Dame/Denver how to choke in the first round of the tournament. Couldn't have been much time for tutoring tUMD/BSU between that and being able to hit the greens early.
                      We have many involved in tConspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        State has one of the best fighters to ever play in the college game in Jim Cummins and instead you go for that guy? Nice choice.
                        While it's great you're using "best" to describe anything MSU-related, I can't go back that far. Hard to get college hockey on TV in my state of origin.
                        Last edited by owslachief; 11-11-2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

While it's great you're using "best" to describe anything MSU-related, I can only speak to anybody I watched play ('97 or later). It was rare to get college hockey on TV in my state of origin.
                          So you have no knowledge of the great non shrug save that Jason Muzati attempted on a dump in shot that went over his shoulder and into the net?

You need to learn some more history. Makes the rivalry a lot better.

I bet you think that little fight a few years ago in Munn was a brawl. That was nothing compared to the melee that happened at Joe Louis in 1991. THAT was a brawl- where the coaches both got suspensions, and it's been greatly speculated that Ron Mason's suspension cost them home ice for the CCHA, which then caused them to get swept in the first round by Western.

THAT was a brawl. Maybe KC can dig up some more news about it- I know he remembers that fight.

History, son, there's a lot more to it than the last 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            So you have no knowledge of the great non shrug save that Jason Muzati attempted on a dump in shot that went over his shoulder and into the net?

You need to learn some more history. Makes the rivalry a lot better.

I bet you think that little fight a few years ago in Munn was a brawl. That was nothing compared to the melee that happened at Joe Louis in 1991. THAT was a brawl- where the coaches both got suspensions, and it's been greatly speculated that Ron Mason's suspension cost them home ice for the CCHA, which then caused them to get swept in the first round by Western.

THAT was a brawl. Maybe KC can dig up some more news about it- I know he remembers that fight.

History, son, there's a lot more to it than the last 12 years.
                            Did you really intend to sound so patronizing? I said I didn't see anything before 1997. I know there was "old time hockey" before my time. Just because I didn't see it doesn't make me ignorant. I enjoyed the game-ending brawl at Munn. Heck I even thought the U-M player that responded to the harsh taunts of the crowd by pointing at the "2-0" on the scoreboard was amusing.

Comment

Did you really intend to sound so patronizing?
                              Uh, considering the tone of this thread, of course I did!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                The Michigan State grads talk about how they want a high-paying job.

The Michigan grads talk about how they deserve a high-paying job.

The Michigan Tech grads talk about their high-paying job.

Twitchy, do you really want to go discussing such things? Want to compare salaries?
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X