Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA @ UW.. Will Sarah Palin be in attendance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UW.. Will Sarah Palin be in attendance?

DotA = 1
    UAA = 0

Hopefully UAA puts up more of a fight tomorrow night, if only to stuff it in the UW announcers faces, as they refused to give UAA any credit...even before the puck was dropped. If I were a UAA fan, I would have been annoyed...this UAA team just throttled DU last weekend, and the announcers made it sound like UAA stood no chance at all against UW. Of course, the results of the game certainly made them look correct ( ), but I'm hoping UAA proves them wrong tomorrow night.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      DotA = 1
      UAA = 0

Hopefully UAA puts up more of a fight tomorrow night, if only to stuff it in the UW announcers faces, as they refused to give UAA any credit...even before the puck was dropped. If I were a UAA fan, I would have been annoyed...this UAA team just throttled DU last weekend, and the announcers made it sound like UAA stood no chance at all against UW. Of course, the results of the game certainly made them look correct ( ), but I'm hoping UAA proves them wrong tomorrow night.
      We're pretty much used to it, happens all the time.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        We're pretty much used to it, happens all the time.
        I was just surprised at the "arrogance".
        Most of the FCS announcers are pretty good...Wooger, the crew from DU, etc...they all are biased toward their home team, of course, but not to the level of those two UW guys.

BTW, the UAA announcer, Kurt Haider, calls a great game IMO. I enjoy listening to him during the UAA webcasts...
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Most of the FCS announcers are pretty good...Wooger, the crew from DU, etc...they all are biased toward their home team, of course, but not to the level of those two UW guys.

BTW, the UAA announcer, Kurt Haider, calls a great game IMO. I enjoy listening to him during the UAA webcasts...
          Back when Talafous was the coach (of course he played for UW), he would get irate at how Wisconsin disrespected UAA.

Kurt Haider is a great announcer, very fair and not a homer. We love him - and he's a great guy too. Glad you enjoyed listening to him. He calls a good game.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Turn on the Suzes if you don't like our announcer. Congrats on beating St. Clould tonight.
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Kurt Haider is a great announcer, very fair and not a homer. We love him - and he's a great guy too. Glad you enjoyed listening to him. He calls a good game.
              I'll go tell him that when I go to the UAA/UND series...someday.

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              Turn on the Suzes if you don't like our announcer. Congrats on beating St. Clould tonight.
              I was watching the UND/SCSU game. As well as the FSU/Miami and UM/MSU games.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think last nights game was a bit of a discrepancy. PB is one of the best play-by-play guys in the country. He and Rob Andringa are normally very unbiased and complimentary towards Badger opponents and will even say that the Badgers need to play lights out to have a chance, if that is the situation. The problem is that Andringa wasn't doing last nights game (did they say why?). Barry Richter filled in for him and it was his first broadcast ever. Just about everything he said made it very obvious that he thought the Badgers were the better team. To be fair though, UAA didn't exactly do anything to prove him wrong either.

Here's hoping UAA plays better tonight. I mean, I like blow out wins and Culver's ice cream as much as the next Badger fan, but the game is more exciting if both teams are playing well.
                Five Reasons to Love Wisconsin Hockey:
                1. "Varsity"
                2. "SIEVE!"
                3. "Five Goal Free for All"
                4. Phil and Mrs. Phil
                5. "'Midget' Hockey"

Comment

Originally posted by 60min View Post
                  Well, it wasn't me who asked, but I'd like to see it . . .

Stop by and say "hi" after the game? We usually meet up in front of the Nicholas Suites (or whatever it's called) in front of the KC before heading off to wherever. (I'll be Tom Gilbert again; I've decided to be Tom Gilbert all season.)
                  I should be able to do that after the game, yes...

Sorry I missed you... I waited for a little bit. Some other time, I guess!
                  Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 11-16-2009, 08:41 AM. Reason: update
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    Is there any video available of said hit?

Just curious.
                    it's up on Donalds UAAFanblog lower rt hand side here is the shortcut.. you be the judge I see no clipping no kneeing just a great hip check but that is just me .
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/donaldmdunlop

Seawolves will be a better team tonight
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by ansinator View Post
                      I think last nights game was a bit of a discrepancy. PB is one of the best play-by-play guys in the country. He and Rob Andringa are normally very unbiased and complimentary towards Badger opponents and will even say that the Badgers need to play lights out to have a chance, if that is the situation. The problem is that Andringa wasn't doing last nights game (did they say why?). Barry Richter filled in for him and it was his first broadcast ever. Just about everything he said made it very obvious that he thought the Badgers were the better team. To be fair though, UAA didn't exactly do anything to prove him wrong either.

Here's hoping UAA plays better tonight. I mean, I like blow out wins and Culver's ice cream as much as the next Badger fan, but the game is more exciting if both teams are playing well.
                      Paul Braun - one of the best in country??!!?? You've got to be kidding. Perhaps at one time - Lord knows the guy has been around forever - but he can barely keep up with the play. He fills space with over used, tired, and usually inappropriate cliches. He uses "a little give and go" on nearly every play - he apparently has no idea what a give and go is. There is usually a "give", but rarely a "go" and almost never a return pass that would actually make it a give and go. He has no idea how to bring his color guy into the conversation other than saying, "your thoughts on the game so far", he'll use that one 4 - 5 times during the game.

Wisconsin's radio guy, Brian Posick, is 20 times the play-by-play announcer that Paul Braun is. Brian is one of the best in the country. If they could get Braun to retire and bring in Posick, the telecasts would improve dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
                        Paul Braun - one of the best in country??!!?? You've got to be kidding. Perhaps at one time - Lord knows the guy has been around forever - but he can barely keep up with the play. He fills space with over used, tired, and usually inappropriate cliches. He uses "a little give and go" on nearly every play - he apparently has no idea what a give and go is. There is usually a "give", but rarely a "go" and almost never a return pass that would actually make it a give and go. He has no idea how to bring his color guy into the conversation other than saying, "your thoughts on the game so far", he'll use that one 4 - 5 times during the game.
                        I've never really noticed that Braun was a poor announcer. I actually have always liked listening to him do games.

Lol - if you wanna call a "give and go" a cliche during a hockey game, might as well call a "one timer" one too. "Stick save and a beaut" would be a good cliche.

On another note, I think the badgers have the look of a potential championship team. I don't remember ever seeing a Badger hockey team - or at least a Mike Eaves team - that's this fast and that could get up and down the ice and transition as well as they do. Predicting another dominating game tonight.
                        Last edited by drewski192; 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Wisconsin's radio guy, Brian Posick, is 20 times the play-by-play announcer that Paul Braun is. Brian is one of the best in the country. If they could get Braun to retire and bring in Posick, the telecasts would improve dramatically.
                          Posick is another good play-by-play announcer and I hope he does replace Braun when he retires, but I don't see any reason to push him out. Besides, my comments were more in the realm of last nights call being biased and "homerish". I think Braun does a great job of trying to remain fairly even.
                          Last edited by ansinator; 11-14-2009, 01:07 PM.
                          Five Reasons to Love Wisconsin Hockey:
                          1. "Varsity"
                          2. "SIEVE!"
                          3. "Five Goal Free for All"
                          4. Phil and Mrs. Phil
                          5. "'Midget' Hockey"

Comment

Originally posted by ansinator View Post
                            Posick is another good play-by-play announcer and I hope he does replace Braun when he retires, but I don't see any reason to push him out. Besides, my comments were more in the realm of last nights call being biased and "homerish". I think Braun does a great job of trying to remain fairly even.
                            I agree. PB was one of the best announcers 10-15-20 years ago, but he's lost a stop in the last couple years. Seems like he has less energy and makes A LOT more mistakes than previous years. I do enjoy his smooth voice though and the fact he's not a huge homer compared to our neighbors to the west.
                            As already mentioned this was Barry Richter's first game ever announcing and when your dad was the AD for Wisconsin for 15 years you would probably be a homer too. He only made two over the top comments. In comparison Kevin Gorg makes about 6 of those every weekend.

Asinator- Andringa was being inducted as the president of the W club last night. That's the reason he wasn't there.

Comment

Paul Braun - one of the best in country??!!?? You've got to be kidding. Perhaps at one time - Lord knows the guy has been around forever - but he can barely keep up with the play. He fills space with over used, tired, and usually inappropriate cliches. He uses "a little give and go" on nearly every play - he apparently has no idea what a give and go is. .
                              Ok - end of the 2nd and I heard Braun twice say "little give and go" when it was not a give and go. Basically just a pass to someone. Must be his little thing he likes to throw out there .

Really wish you wouldnt have brought that to my attention now i cant stop listening fo rit.

Comment

Well, we got our 4 points which is relieving, and I had a chance to get to the Kohl Center tonight. The game was a lot closer than it ended up. Everytime UAA put one in the net, UW had a quick answer, though, which is good to see. I was impressed with Patrick Johnson. He's a much better fit on the 4th line, but he had some good hits and was on the forecheck quite a bit. Street is just a great goal scorer and he proved that again tonight. Once again, though, our PP was atrocious. We were 0/6 I think before Geoffrion went nuts and got a double minor. There is too much passing around the point with defensemen making drives to the net. They need to get more penetration because all of the slap shots end up getting blocked or saved. Not to mention that we gave up another shorty. Grrrr. Gudmanson was fine tonight. Both goals he gave up were impossible to stop. The first one was a bang bang pass and the 2nd one was a one on one with the goaltender. I think the platoon is the best way to go at this point. It keeps both players fresh and on a routine. It was nice to have you in town, Seawolves. Please go beat up on the rest of the conference now and help our PWR. To St. Cloud we go.
                                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X