Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA @ UW.. Will Sarah Palin be in attendance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UW.. Will Sarah Palin be in attendance?

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
    I really didn't know two players going at really constituted a bench-clearing brawl. This is the one I was talking about.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20012002/m/02/02/uaa-uw.php

In all my years of going to Badger games I've never seen anything remotely close to what happened that night. Of the 40 players on the ice, 30 of them were going at it hardcore.
    I just said it was a large brawl...and it was. There were more than the two players mentioned involved (I think Earl got beat down a bit if I remember correctly) just no DQs for some reason. Unfortunately, I was not at the UAA game in 02-03.

Sounds pretty **** epic tho
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
      In all my years of going to Badger games I've never seen anything remotely close to what happened that night. Of the 40 players on the ice, 30 of them were going at it hardcore.
      You probably never saw the water bottle game. A bench clearing brawl of course, but the most outstanding part of it in my mind was watching one of the Sioux players (Archibald?) fighting with a cop in the Coliseum runway. That was epic.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
        You probably never saw the water bottle game. A bench clearing brawl of course, but the most outstanding part of it in my mind was watching one of the Sioux players (Archibald?) fighting with a cop in the Coliseum runway. That was epic.
        Haha...I think we ALL can agree on that fight (from the video for me). To bad I was not born yet when that one occurred.

I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post

You mean this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G-FTg419NM

I was only 7 years-old when that happened!

And I apologize WiscWildcard. I really thought you said bench clearing brawl.

Comment

That's the one. The youtube video is a condensed version of a long, drawn out fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
              Haha...I think we ALL can agree on that fight (from the video for me). To bad I was not born yet when that one occurred.:rolleyes:
              Smart ***! I know this isn't the forum, but my family had season tix above the tunnel, ABOVE that tunnel. I was a teeny bopper with a ****ing bird's eye view of Archy running out of the beer garden. I bet if it was dark in the tunnel you would have seen sparks.

There never will be a better college fight. Bill Howard on the video, "....and North Dakota does it again...." Classic.

Suze, any word on Sean Wiles this weekend? We know him & his family well from his summer AAA hockey here in Madison, even though he from 50 miles from here.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Suze, any word on Sean Wiles this weekend?
                Not sure on his injury, but he was named co-Offensive POTW for his performance against DU last weekend.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Smart ***! I know this isn't the forum, but my family had season tix above the tunnel, ABOVE that tunnel. I was a teeny bopper with a ****ing bird's eye view of Archy running out of the beer garden. I bet if it was dark in the tunnel you would have seen sparks.

There never will be a better college fight. Bill Howard on the video, "....and North Dakota does it again...." Classic.

Suze, any word on Sean Wiles this weekend? We know him & his family well from his summer AAA hockey here in Madison, even though he from 50 miles from here.
                  I knew Sean was from Wisconsin, but there has been no word on his status. He scored three goals against DU last weekend, if he isn't okay, it will be a big blow to the team. He's been a real sparkplug.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tonight on the news it was announced that Wiles will be out for 2-4 weeks. Too bad, I hope he at least gets to travel with the team so he can see his family.

Badgers get a break, no Wiles and Lafranchise is out for the Friday game due to the ignorant WCHA.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Tonight on the news it was announced that Wiles will be out for 2-4 weeks. Too bad, I hope he at least gets to travel with the team so he can see his family. Badgers get a break, no Wiles and Lafranchise is out for the Friday game due to the ignorant WCHA.
                      That's too bad for the team & him. I'm sure they'll let him tag along to get close to home for a couple days.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

Badgers get a break, no Wiles and Lafranchise is out for the Friday game due to the ignorant WCHA.
                        A couple more Seawolves will fill the ranks ready to go and hit'm hard .I think Shep will have the ref's drop the gin bottle thursday night and watch some review of hip checks to save some coach of making up some crap on a hit they missed and give a uncalled for penalty.

Dogs are running good will make Madison friday about noon.

To the 2 clowns in red armbands last weekend suckin whistles and blowin calls maybe fly in to denver and hang out at chuckie cheese overseeing a bubble hockey game because a air hockey game might be to fast for them. They got a well deserved weekend off.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          A couple more Seawolves will fill the ranks ready to go and hit'm hard .I think Shep will have the ref's drop the gin bottle thursday night and watch some review of hip checks to save some coach of making up some crap on a hit they missed and give a uncalled for penalty.
                          You know the reffing is bad when Alaska Hockey complains about it, I don't think I have EVER heard you complain about the refs!

Hey, you are right on about Gwozecky. Wiercioch was on the ice his next shift, played the remaining 7 minutes, even on the ice at the end of the game. Gwoz comes out with a statement immediately after the game that Wiercioch is hurt and wouldn't be able to play next weekend if they had a game. Okay.

My question for you Mr. Gwozdecky, is this. You know your star player is injured, yet you let him play the rest of the game? Even when you know it's a lost cause? (Score 7-3 UAA). Come on, you would not put a player in that situation, you would sit him out to prevent further injury!! He skated normally, was very agile, etc. He was NOT hurt. Furthermore, a kneeing penalty would not make a player flip into the air, a hip check would.

And those two zebras should get more than one weekend off. Poor Kane, the only innocent party gets the shaft, not once but twice.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is there any video available of said hit?

Just curious.

Two tests and then its Friday

Comment

Just curious.

I think Donald might post it on his blog, but it's not yet available through GCI. Last year a UAA player had a knee on knee hit, the other guy got a 5 minute major. The UAA guy was out for like 6 weeks. Knee on kee injuries do damage, a player who lays moaning on the ice for two full minutes, then never misses a shift is faking.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just curious.

I should have a clip of the hit soon. My friend who edits the goals and big hits for the "Coaches Show" said he'll email it to me as soon as he can

Comment

Working...
                                X