Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Clarkson & St. Lawrence (11/13, 11/14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & St. Lawrence (11/13, 11/14)

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    As far as Mr. Sullivan's predictions go, I would have expected at least a tie for one of the games. That's OK. We'll get our revenge when we take it to BU in a few weeks.
    What's with it with BU and USCHO? The ECAC, HEA, and WCHA writers are all BU grads.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      What's with it with BU and USCHO? The ECAC, HEA, and WCHA writers are all BU grads.
      Another one of the six degrees of Jack Parker. No matter where you are in the hockey world, you can get back to Jack in 6 jumps or less.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        I think Doc is on the bandwagon. This is one of the least pessimistic predictions he's written in a while.

As far as Mr. Sullivan's predictions go, I would have expected at least a tie for one of the games. That's OK. We'll get our revenge when we take it to BU in a few weeks.
        JM-I've been very optimistic-in 1964, 1984, 1985 and a couple times in the 90's Honestly this team shows so much more promise than they have in a long time that it is hard to remain pessimistic. We still have some rough spots but for the first time in a long time it is fun to be an RPI fan.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 11-13-2009, 11:24 AM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Wicked-Unless the ECAC is a runaway(and I dont expect that at all-this will be a nail biter for the entire league season), it may be possible to be top 4 with only as few as 26 points. In any case after our dismal performances in league play the past 3 years I think I would settle for anything over half the games won-that would put us at somewhere over 22. Next year however, I would expect even more. I retain the right to upward adjust these estimates depending on how we look this weekend though.
          I'm sticking with 30 Doc. Let's set the bar higher, that way we control our own destiny for a change.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Another one of the six degrees of Jack Parker. No matter where you are in the hockey world, you can get back to Jack in 6 jumps or less.
            Great post Joe...and not far from the truth.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Far Eastern bias.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I'm sticking with 30 Doc. Let's set the bar higher, that way we control our own destiny for a change.
                I cant recall the last time we had 30 or more points-but it would be nice. I am just trying to not go overboard after last weekend-it was great, but it was only one weekend-and at home where we seem to be a much better team than in previous years. Now if we can sweep a series on the road-then I will do back flips!

Comment

I cant recall the last time we had 30 or more points-but it would be nice. I am just trying to not go overboard after last weekend-it was great, but it was only one weekend-and at home where we seem to be a much better team than in previous years. Now if we can sweep a series on the road-then I will do back flips!
                  I expect video proof posted here by Sunday morning at the latest.
                  APBWiki

Comment

I totally agree Doc - I'm not saying we're a lock for 30 league points, just laying it out there as a goal for the boys.

Comment

Ken Schott's video previews of tonight's games.

http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2009/nov/13/308/
                      http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2009/nov/13/307/

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        Thanks for posting-good interviews filled with every hockey cliche in the book. SA speaks very persuasively-I do think he could sell ice to eskimos-no wonder we are beginning to have some more success with recruiting.

Comment

Thanks for posting-good interviews filled with every hockey cliche in the book. SA speaks very persuasively-I do think he could sell ice to eskimos-no wonder we are beginning to have some more success with recruiting.
                          I wondered why someone in the background was talking about one of the women hockey players' shoe at about 1:48.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Token SLU fan post.

Comment

I wondered why someone in the background was talking about one of the women hockey players' shoe at about 1:48.
                              I noticed that also-thought it was just me.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                                Token SLU fan post.
                                A pylon?
                                Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Working...
                                X