Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huntington and Comm Ave, Part Deux (NU@BC, 11/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington and Comm Ave, Part Deux (NU@BC, 11/7)

Its about time this thread got started...

Can the Huskies keep up the momentum from last night?
    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Re: Huntington and Comm Ave, Part Deux (NU@BC, 11/7)

Originally posted by choog View Post
    Its about time this thread got started...

Can the Huskies keep up the momentum from last night?
    More like can Rawlings? As far as I'm concerned, the Northeastern Chris Rawlings beat the bu terriers last night, our offense needs to wake up, though we have scored on the PP in 6 straight games, though we had a ton of opportunities last night so it's hard to be too pleased with our PP, though it looks better than last year. Hopefully Vermy recovers from the flu, we could use his cannon from the point.
    Arenas Attended
    Matthews Arena
    Agganis Arena
    Tsongas Arena
    Lawler Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Mullins Center
    TD Banknorth Garden
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Alfond Arena
    Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

yeah, something i noticed last night... we had a lot of great chances that never got converted to shots on goal... potential break aways, 3 on 2 runs...

the type of thing where the entire arena started yelling and cheering and nothing ever really happened.

But yes, Rawlings pulled that one through for us. We just need to get more shots off and we should be set

GO NU

Comment

Anyone know if McNeely is good to go tonight? He skated gingerly to the bench and didn't return in the 3rd last night
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
          yeah, something i noticed last night... we had a lot of great chances that never got converted to shots on goal... potential break aways, 3 on 2 runs...
          That's been a real theme the last few games, trying to get too fancy on three on twos and the like. Here's to hoping that gets settled.
          Matthews Arena:
          Originally posted by UMLGoon
          "you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is 'our rink predates electricity'"

Comment

I think without McNeely, Quailer, Vermeersch, & i believe Hewkin (right? he misses this gm due last night's penalty)... i am not optimistic about our chances tonight.

I think Rawlings will hold his own.. but he needs help from our offense which is MIA since the Colorado Coll series.

BC by 2 goals.

G'luck team
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              I think without McNeely, Quailer, Vermeersch, & i believe Hewkin (right? he misses this gm due last night's penalty)... i am not optimistic about our chances tonight.

I think Rawlings will hold his own.. but he needs help from our offense which is MIA since the Colorado Coll series.

BC by 2 goals.

G'luck team
              So it is a certainty that McNeely is out?

Comment

great game
                โ€œUnless youโ€™re Boston College, you donโ€™t get here every year.โ€

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Well.

That sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
                    Well.

That sucked.
                    Oof. That was brutal at the end...five unanswered goals...yeck.
                    MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
                      Oof. That was brutal at the end...five unanswered goals...yeck.
                      We scored first! And at least the fans had fun with it (and stayed). We even made a bunch of BC fans laugh.

Rawlings still looked solid - I don't blame this one on him. Defense was not good at all, and you can't count on winning a hockey game if you only score one goal. Fortunately it worked out against BU, but that's not going to happen all that often.
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

I agree- Rawlings is not to blame here. I blame STUPID penalties, an incomplete (sick/injured/out-from-last-game's-major), but most of all, we just didn't have the mental attitude to win here

maybe they were tired from last night?

If I see another 'too many men on the ice' penalty again I swear to god

that said, great showing of NU fans, and great attitude. We were louder than them at their own home ice, and to be honest bc didn't start cheering until they were up 3 or 4-1.

Good game BC, confrats on the win. After giving up a 4-1 lead last night, I'm sire that one tonight felt nice.

GO NU

Comment

NU had their chances but BC was dominant tonight. Which was nice, I don't think very many BC fans expected that. In both games this weekend, BC was dominant in the offensive zone and was able to create a lot of space.

NU had a few chances but Muse was up to the task. I'm not sure what to make of NU this year.. how much of their recent success was directly due to Theissen?

I always enjoy the NU game because the fan interplay is so much fun - it was particularly great in the 2nd period today. NU fans deserve a lot of credit for being so enthusiastic for their team even when the team isn't performing.

Also: the between-period sumo thing was hysterical.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                            I always enjoy the NU game because the fan interplay is so much fun - it was particularly great in the 2nd period today. NU fans deserve a lot of credit for being so enthusiastic for their team even when the team isn't performing.

Also: the between-period sumo thing was hysterical.
                            BC needs to come up with something better than "BU Rejects" though. Especially since a lot of NU students were accepted to BU but chose NU, or didn't even apply to BU because they'd prefer Northeastern (that's the case for me at least). It's harder to get into NU now.
                            Go Huskies!

Comment

The NU penalty shot miss by Alex Tuckerman summarizes this gm for me.. we have the speed & had our chances.. just could not finish. BC has very skilled players with excellent puckhandling skills. NU has speed no doubt, our freshman just need to learn how to finish.

Our offense.. still searching but i believe they will learn a ton from this 1 gm..

Several times i saw Vrolyk or Donovan or 'insert name' in front of Muse.. they just could not finish.. i give him (Muse) credit, great gm by him too.

I was very impressed by Atkinson, Gibbons & Carey. Amazing speed & that last goal by BC, i don't know who it was exactly but was a behind the back/ backhand pass to the eventual scorer.. very impressive. BC was also excellent on PP & lethal on 5x3. Like i mentioned, they had several PP goals against UNH yesterday & i believe got 2 or 3 tonight on the PP/5x3.. so we gotta skate disciplined.

I thought last 10 mins of the gm we skated pretty well. I think Rawlings played well, save 1 goal i thought he easily should have had.

Should be a fun gm when these two meet again. I enjoyed the gm even though the result was not what i would have liked.

No controversy here. Better team won tonight.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X