Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Rivalry in College Hockey???

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    So... other than the 10 mile thing, looks like you got some 'splainin' to do...
    EZ explaination...LOONNNNNNGGGGG history and let's face it, there is absolutely NOTHING else in the North Country going on. Probably draws like 80% of the local population to the games. Can anywhere else claim THAT?
    Lets Go Tech!!!
    Clarkson ==> all time winningest Div 1 program.

Comment

No way its an EZAC matchup.
      You really need to expand your horizons a little bit.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

You can't discredit their rivalries because they have more than one.
        I'm not discrediting them in the sense that I don't think they're rivalries. But like I said, if there are Minnesota fans who would say that one or the other is not even their school's biggest rivalry, then I don't see how either can be the biggest in the whole sport. It seems to me that a precondition to even being considered should be that the vast majority of people from both schools should consider the other school to be their school's biggest rival. For instance, I don't think I could reasonably claim that Cornell-Harvard is the biggest rivalry in college hockey in view of the fact that a large portion of Harvard fans would say their biggest rival (even in hockey) is Yale and not Cornell.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

This pops up from time to time. There's no right answer, but BU-BC, Michigan-MSU, Minnesota-UND, and Clarkson-SLU are for the most part considered the primary "most heated rivalries" in the college hockey world. If you disagree with those four, I'm sorry, but you're a dumbass.

On the next tier I'd definitely put UNH-Maine and Minnesota-Wisconsin - both of those transcend hockey (as does MI-MSU, obviously).

Cornell-Harvard gets an honorable mention but it's so one-sided in terms of hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Well, conference by conference:

WCHA- Minnesota/WI
            CCHA- MSU/Michigan
            ECAC- Clarkson/SLU
            HEA- BC/BU

The winner of course is St, Clooud vs #26 Union with runners up being MTU vs Bye and UND against the beast that is Canisius.
            NON-CONFERENCE - Nanooks (UA)/SeaPuppies (UAA)
            Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
              That's a good one too.

Comment

Originally posted by LGT '84 View Post
                EZ explaination...LOONNNNNNGGGGG history and let's face it, there is absolutely NOTHING else in the North Country going on. Probably draws like 80% of the local population to the games. Can anywhere else claim THAT?
                Nothing else going on? Sounds like the entire upper midwest to me.
                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

What about Colorado College vs Denver. They are one of the best out there as well...
                  www.catchattv.org - The UP's #1 sports show

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                    I'm not discrediting them in the sense that I don't think they're rivalries. But like I said, if there are Minnesota fans who would say that one or the other is not even their school's biggest rivalry, then I don't see how either can be the biggest in the whole sport.
                    If a UND fan is asking a MN fans says UW is our biggest rival and if a UW fan asks then it's UND.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by aceman5434 View Post
                      What about Colorado College vs Denver. They are one of the best out there as well...
                      Yeah, that's probably top tier as well. I didn't immediately think of that one but it's certainly right up there with UM-UND, BU-BC, and CU-SLU.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        If a UND fan is asking a MN fans says UW is our biggest rival and if a UW fan asks then it's UND.
                        If you can't make up your mind then neither one is.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Precisely.

I really don't get that reasoning, either. Just because a team has two intensely heated rivals, neither one of them must be an intensely heated rivalry?

All of this is irrelevant, of course. Red Cloud already let us know that the biggest and best rivalry in all of college hockey is RPI-Union.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

There is only one rivalry that someone made a documentary about.

BU-BC

I'm just sayin.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
                              Another non-conference: Michigan Tech/Northern Michigan.

I would have loved to be at THAT Frozen Four.
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                There is only one rivalry that someone made a documentary about.

BU-BC

I'm just sayin.
                                No way NESN loves BU-BC?! I am effing shocked!

The fact that you are on the same road in the same town and that this is still up for debate means you lose.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X