Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by BB_Cubs View Post
    I think it should be YOU that offer specific examples or testimonies from your so-called "players" or "NHL people". Its so easy to come on here and say you know players don't like or respect their coach or that "NHL people" say whatever, but you offer no basis for your remarks and so have no credibility. If you're going to make such a provacative statement, name some names (feel free to add yours as well). You won't convince me (ever) that every one of the players are not grateful for the opportunity they have been given to play for a quality D1 program at Maine, for their scholarship and academic opportunites and to live their dream to play college hockey and beyond if they are so fortunate. Who do you think gave them this opportunity??

Jeez, and everybody seemed so happy here for awhile. That didn't last long.
    it is difficult to quote people and name names.

and it is also a little disingenuous for YOU to use an anonymous name to ask people to come out from behind their anonymous names.

even if he did name names, you would not know who any of them were...

YOU go and ask the scouts and the junior coaches and the family advisors, heck... ask Derek Arnold exactly why he backed out of his commitment Ask Demoulin why he did not want to go to Maine.

and I have also spoken with people in each of the above listed groups.
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 12-02-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      I received one also. It was sent to basketball season ticket holders and others. I think you should buy one. You could have a birthday party in it.

Or if your dog got ran over you could hold a wake during a basketball game.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        They have 4 empty boxes, 2 up and 2 down and Kings is one of them

That new radio deal is really working out isn't it? I can't believe the new radio station didn't buy a box.
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          They have 4 empty boxes, 2 up and 2 down and Kings is one of them
          That and ADD 889 average seats empty for the first 6 home games.....Mich.State,4790-4835{and that was Home Coming Weekend}..Vermont,4289...BU,4454...BC,4488,4709... ......and @ Portland the crowd was 5279....in a building that seats over 6700....usually the Portland games get in the area of 6400-6500. Alfond Cap. is listed @ 5461.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
            That and ADD 889 average seats empty for the first 6 home games.....Mich.State,4790-4835{and that was Home Coming Weekend}..Vermont,4289...BU,4454...BC,4488,4709... ......and @ Portland the crowd was 5279....in a building that seats over 6700....usually the Portland games get in the area of 6400-6500. Alfond Cap. is listed @ 5461.

Ticket prices are still too high. A famliy of 4 isn't going to pay $76 to watch a below 500 team.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

and @ Portland the crowd was 5279....in a building that seats over 6700.
              not even close to that in the arena... maybe 4000 at most, but i'd say it was closer to 3500... both ends were essentially empty and the sections on the side near the ends were sparce at best... a friend of mine walked in and got four seats two rows back behind the net 30 minutes before the first faceoff... the 5279 was paid attendance which included the season ticket holders, many of which didn't make it down for the game

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                not even close to that in the arena... maybe 4000 at most, but i'd say it was closer to 3500... both ends were essentially empty and the sections on the side near the ends were sparce at best... a friend of mine walked in and got four seats two rows back behind the net 30 minutes before the first faceoff... the 5279 was paid attendance which included the season ticket holders, many of which didn't make it down for the game
                Not to argue with you...but don't they get they attendence figures thru how many tickets are checked in at the gates to the arena? That is how those figures are reached at the Alfond. Either way a small crowd in Portland...which is too bad.

Comment

Not to argue with you...but don't they get they attendence figures thru how many tickets are checked in at the gates to the arena? That is how those figures are reached at the Alfond. .
                  If they made everyone go thru the counters I'd think the count at Alfond was accurate but when its work study students with hand clickers, I'd question any count at Alfond
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not to argue with you...but don't they get they attendence figures thru how many tickets are checked in at the gates to the arena? That is how those figures are reached at the Alfond. Either way a small crowd in Portland...which is too bad.
                    when a place holds say 6500 and is barely 60% full, there is no way in hell there were 5300 people there... if you were at the game (and being honest with yourself), you'd know that the announced attendance was laughable...

Comment

I have a google alert set up for "hockey photography" and in addition to getting links to hockey photography, I get a lot of other stuff including this wedding photo link - http://blog.emilieinc.net/2009/12/je...n-st-john.html

Just thought the story of how the couple met over the course of a few seasons of being Black Bears fans was sweet. If by some chance, they are on USCHO - congratulations!

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I think that they should start using different pricing levels depending on the opponent. BC, BU, UNH, and some OOC opppoents like Michigan State can command higher ticket pricing. The rest of Hockey East and any "no-name" OOC opponent should be cheaper.

I think $20 for premium opponents and $12-$14 for all others would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

If Maine sweeps Providence and does not "play down to the competition", then I think that there is a real reason for hope.
                          How could they play down to the competition? PC has received votes almost all season which is more than Maine can say....and thus, technically has spent about all season 'ahead' in the polls.

Comment

Anyone want PC tix either Friday or Saturday? Cheap! 25 dollars/pair ....Can't go, last minute!

E-mail DLBJ15@gmail.com

Portland/Windham area can be picked up.....anywhere else, I can mail them to you priority!

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              when a place holds say 6500 and is barely 60% full, there is no way in hell there were 5300 people there... if you were at the game (and being honest with yourself), you'd know that the announced attendance was laughable...
                              I was there,and yes it was a small crowd..just wondering how they got there figure....ticket sales in total? Or gate counters at the CCCC.....? Not a big issue,just wondering how they came about that number.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                it is difficult to quote people and name names.

and it is also a little disingenuous for YOU to use an anonymous name to ask people to come out from behind their anonymous names.

even if he did name names, you would not know who any of them were...

YOU go and ask the scouts and the junior coaches and the family advisors, heck... ask Derek Arnold exactly why he backed out of his commitment Ask Demoulin why he did not want to go to Maine.

and I have also spoken with people in each of the above listed groups.
                                And KIA, how is it working out for Derek this year? 0 goals 11 assists, if he indeed backed out of a 4 year free ride in search of a better offer?

I have NEVER cozied up to players or bothered scouts. But over the years I have had the opportunity to get to know some parents, (we're around the same age), and the parents I have known all were very complimentary in both public and private conversations, of the coaching staff.

It is as a result of this knowledge that I became a "Tim apologist", but as noted in someone's signature, I have come increasingly close to becoming an internet nutcase!

IMHO, there are some posters who live to report all things negative, and they gain knowledge by talking to players who are not dressed. Guess what! Those players typically are upset because they are not playing!

In my previous life I used to broadcast hockey games for Maine on the college station. I rode the team bus, slept in the same hotel, sometimes even shared a room. And I heard all kinds of stories, but they were all off the record, and many of them were stated out of emotion and not factual.

We can read the posts of the Tim-haters, but they started hating years ago even when Maine was going to the Frozen Four, and the last 2 years have been able to say I told you so! Many are hoping Maine loses so Tim is fired, which again IMHO is more about them being right, than it is about being a fan.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Quite simply I am someone who played the game through high school and has been a Maine fan since the 2nd year they arrived in Division 1. It is my alma mater and I will root as hard for them as possible, knowing that there will be times that are good and bad. I was very disappointed with the team and the effort the past two years and viewed this year as a crucial one that required vast improvement. There have been glimmers of hope, but the season is still young and I will remain open-minded until March when the results are in! Sorry for the long post, just tired of the continued sniping!

Comment

Working...
                                X