Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    I prefer not to be so critical and negative. Maine won the game. Maine won the game by 9 goals. Enjoy the win and the experience of winning as a fan. Who knows what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy the present time. Good advice for life in general, now that I think about it.
    But it is worth noting that he wasn't sharp. Luckily, SLU never really tested him all that much, but a number of pucks hit his catching glove and then fell to the ice in front of him, where he had to scramble to get them covered. He caught very few cleanly, nor did he smother too many pucks into his body without having to scramble to cover them as well.

One thing I noticed was the difference on the PP. No longer is it just pass the puck back to the point man for him to tee up. The players were rotating along the halfboards and mid circles, and were receiving passes from the points, drawing defenders and opening up other guys down low or on the opposite side to receive the pass from them. Moving around, and moving the puck around, and drawing the defense out of position. A lot different look than the PP of the past few seasons.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      I'm a little surprised that Maine did not get a single vote in the recent poll. That's o.k. though, polls don't really mean anything. It is an indicator though in determining how far Maine has fallen in the "eyes of the hockey world".
      It'll keep the boys PO'd and looking to show something.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Amusing. Maine flirts with .500 and all the Whitehead bashers take two steps back..THRILLED to be at 500. A few years ago if the Black Bears were at .500 the lynch mobs would be out.
        What was the record after Xmas last year?? This guy has no respect in the room. No smarts behind the bench. No history as a developmental coach. Prooooolonging the agony. Funny
        "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Originally posted by doncheery View Post
          Amusing. Maine flirts with .500 and all the Whitehead bashers take two steps back..THRILLED to be at 500. A few years ago if the Black Bears were at .500 the lynch mobs would be out.
          What was the record after Xmas last year?? This guy has no respect in the room. No smarts behind the bench. No history as a developmental coach. Prooooolonging the agony. Funny
          Cheers !!

Comment

Its really quite simple. His team wins, he wins. His team loses, he's a bum and needs to find another job. You see, Maine fans are probably more passionate about the game and their team than most any other team. We hold our teams to very high standards, thanks to Walshy. We expect a lot.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              We expect a lot.
              My condolences, this must be a very difficult time for you.

Comment

My condolences, this must be a very difficult time for you.
                its all relevant to the timeframe, eh?
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

This guy has no respect in the room. No smarts behind the bench. No history as a developmental coach.
                  Whereas you have...?

A keyboard and an internet connection?

Comment

Since Blake James has shown NO BALLS to make coaching changes in hockey (or any other sport), all we fans can hope for is that the the team improves their level of play. And if this results in a playoff appearance of rogue National Championship.......then that is a bonus!

So sue us.

Comment

BC is ranked too high. Maine can have our spot at 15.
                      How more gracious can an Eagle fan be?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Whereas you have...?

A keyboard and an internet connection?
                        Hey you're right. Can't fool you. Besides owning a keyboard and a connnection I know unequivocally that that the players neither respect or like Whitehead . Also that his track record as a developmental coach is abysmal ( talk to some NHL people and check their opinions before you open you're mouth ) and that his bench management and tactics/ systems leave something to be desired. If you can refute any of the above statements with examples or testimonies ( Articles or interviews attesting to his tactical brilliance or the fact that he is a great teacher or a players coach ...that sort of thing ) I would be open to listen.
                        Last edited by doncheery; 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Since Blake James has shown NO BALLS to make coaching changes in hockey (or any other sport), all we fans can hope for is that the the team improves their level of play. And if this results in a playoff appearance of rogue National Championship.......then that is a bonus!

So sue us.

c'mon... he fired pat laughlin, the men's soccer coach... of course, he also cut the entire program....

Comment

Hey you're right. Can't fool you. Besides owning a keyboard and a connnection I know unequivocally that that the players neither respect or like Whitehead .
                            I know unequivocally that most of the players do like Whitehead. So I guess we find ourselves at a paradox.

Comment

Hey you're right. Can't fool you. Besides owning a keyboard and a connnection I know unequivocally that that the players neither respect or like Whitehead . Also that his track record as a developmental coach is abysmal ( talk to some NHL people and check their opinions before you open you're mouth ) and that his bench management and tactics/ systems leave something to be desired. If you can refute any of the above statements with examples or testimonies ( Articles or interviews attesting to his tactical brilliance or the fact that he is a great teacher or a players coach ...that sort of thing ) I would be open to listen.
                              No one here is going to argue with you.

Comment

No argument. Instead of taking the time to post a provocative comment you would have been better served to point out factually where and how I was wrong.
                                Last edited by doncheery; 11-30-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X