Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Add another player to the injury list...Kyle Solomon was hurt last night blocking a shot late in the 1st period....his status according to the PPH & Whitehead is that they don't think he'll play tonight vs St.Lawrence in Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
      Add another player to the injury list...Kyle Solomon was hurt last night blocking a shot late in the 1st period....his status according to the PPH & Whitehead is that they don't think he'll play tonight vs St.Lawrence in Portland.
      He blocked two shots back to back without a stick right between the bottom of the circles. I def think UML score if he doesn't block them. Some real commitment from Solomon. Hopefully he gets better soon.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Pre-game had Banwell, Carriere and Pryor out. One had a knee injury and the other two concussions. Mangene flu.

Banwell injured his knee during practice.

Nick Pryor had the flu earlier and lost 7 lbs. while being out a week.

Hats off to Darling for solid goaltending..........Dimmen for breaking up a 2 on 1 at a key time that might have allowed Lowell back into the game......House for a couple of great goals.

Let's hope they continue to play well against the Saints tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
          Solomon's injury looked to be really bad.
          He flopped around like a fish in a seizure. I have never seen anyone go down the way he did, both feet flapping a mile a minute. I do not expect him to be back soon. He could not bear weight on either foot as he was being carried off the ice last night.

We all need to give Tim some credit for last night's win. The boys all played as hard as they could have for the entire game. And Tim changed the game plan in the thrid and Maine played a UMass trap that Lowell could absolutely not solve. AND Tim called a timeout with about 10 minutes left with the score 2-1.
          ALL nice changes and all good coaching moves.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            We all need to give Tim some credit for last night's win. The boys all played as hard as they could have for the entire game. And Tim changed the game plan in the thrid and Maine played a UMass trap that Lowell could absolutely not solve. AND Tim called a timeout with about 10 minutes left with the score 2-1.
            You were at the game? good to hear the guys played hard the whole game, most of us have been waiting for that.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Does anybody know if Maine is recruiting anybody else for next year? Haven't seen any activity on that front in a long while. Maybe its a sign........
              Was just curious, who is timmay's one love child on the BDN thread, yadda yadda must either be related or timmay in his alter ego.
              Anyway glad they won last night, a road win, a win after a holiday and a ranked opponent(did I just say that about UML, that tells you something is wrong with HE)..... Let's see if they can get 2 in a row on the road, well its the CCCC, aka the morgue....

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Wish I was going to Portland tonight. A few beers at the Sebago usually makes for a good game I can't remember the last time I saw Maine play well at CCCC though, for whatever reason they usually start slow. Heck one year it took a 5min major on Greg Moore to get them going. Like to hear them blow the Larries off the ice tonight
                I sort of wish I was going, too. Actually, Maine is undefeated in Portland over the last 11 games. 8-0-3.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  Solomon's injury looked to be really bad.
                  He flopped around like a fish in a seizure. I have never seen anyone go down the way he did, both feet flapping a mile a minute. I do not expect him to be back soon. He could not bear weight on either foot as he was being carried off the ice last night.

On the radio they said he took a direct hit to the cup. Would explain flopping like a fish with a seizure.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    I sort of wish I was going, too. Actually, Maine is undefeated in Portland over the last 11 games. 8-0-3.
                    There was a time when Maine could play badly and still win. I wasn;t there last year but I've been to quite few and they generally play like blah.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      You were at the game? good to hear the guys played hard the whole game, most of us have been waiting for that.
                      Yes, i was there.

I was very surprised with how the whole team hustled all night. They even did a good job hustling while playing the trap. They stood still, except when there was a loose puck in the neutral zone and then they played with a sense of purpose. It seemed like the old Marty Kariya teams when EVERY bounce went Maine's way. If the boys are moving and hustling and creating havoc at every opportunity, then the opposition seems to have a real hard time doing anything. Maine made Lowell look terrible last night.

Another very pleasant change over the past 5 years is that Maine consistently has someone out front, even when the puck is in the corner. Shemansky has 5 goals this year off of shots that were intentionally sent wide, that he tipped in. Shemansky scored another one like that last night. Also Dekastrozza's only goal was also from right out front.

Maine actually scored 2 goals because of tip ins or a deflection out front last night. I was pretty sure that Flynn tipped in the first goal, but he did not get credit, so it must have been deflected off of the defenseman who was trying to cover Flynn, OUT FRONT.

if you can remember... next time Maine plays Lowell, WATCH number 7, Maury Edwards, he is a great skating defenseman and it is a lot of fun to see him playing with the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by lilscootch View Post
                        On the radio they said he took a direct hit to the cup. Would explain flopping like a fish with a seizure.
                        it was bad.

Comment

Anybody need one ticket to tonight's game? section X row 14. Respond to this message or call my cel phone - 250-2500.

Comment

Pretty exciting to see Robby Dee heating up....House is scoring, Shemansky, Nyquist speaks for himself...if Flynn and Diamond find their scoring touch...

Dare we say guys like Dee are, gasp, improving and finding their games under Timmay?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              dare we say guys like Dee are, gasp, improving and finding their games under Timmay?
                              That would be awesome if so, Dee was pretty highly touted coming out of Minn. never realized he played on a line with Blake Wheeler in HS

Comment

think anyone is sick of hearing the Maine Stein Song tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X