Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Blake James contract was renewed........was THAT the "big news"?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      ****. http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/stor...110819&catid=6

i wish i could publicly look for a new job and then have my contract extended after it fell through...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

i wish i could publicly look for a new job and then have my contract extended after it fell through...
        Especially if it meant I didn't even have to produce anything at work...What a crap choice for Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Especially if it meant I didn't even have to produce anything at work...What a crap choice for Maine.
          ~ What a TOTAL BS move....extending this guy is a sure sign that Whitehead WON'T be shown the door this spring.....both are big time buddies....as you say this is CRAP..............................get ready to see his weasel face poking around the rink this Sunday....I hope he comes up to me and does his usual BS and shake your hand deal....he'll get my .o2.....no he'll get alot more...and I bet he won't come around me again.....BAD MOVE...what the hell are they thinking????

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if James gave TIMMAY an extension now.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              This is truly mind boggling. How could such an inept and incompetent administrator be rewarded with an extension of his contract? He has mishandled so many personnel issues within the department over the last two years and alienated so many friends and alumni of the University. The collapse of the Hockey program is only one of many issues he has failed to address in a prompt and judicious manner. Obviously, the President of the University sees it much differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                This is truly mind boggling. How could such an inept and incompetent administrator be rewarded with an extension of his contract? He has mishandled so many personnel issues within the department over the last two years and alienated so many friends and alumni of the University. The collapse of the Hockey program is only one of many issues he has failed to address in a prompt and judicious manner. Obviously, the President of the University sees it much differently.
                The President appears to be as much of a dooshbag as James is.

Comment

Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
                  Heard an advertisement tonight on 97.1 that Oliver Wahlstrom will be at the game on Sunday to provide some entertainment during an intermission. For those not familiar this is the 9yr old who made the sick shot in a mini-one-on-one on NESN.

A once storied program and rivalry has come to this to put warm bodies in the stands & generate revenue....how sad.
                  My thoughts exactly. I heard the ad and thought "We can't fill the seats against BU, so we have to try to convince people to come because some 9-year-old trick-shooter will be on the ice for 10 minutes?
                  You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                  ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                  ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                  ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. I heard the ad and thought "We can't fill the seats against BU, so we have to try to convince people to come because some 9-year-old trick-shooter will be on the ice for 10 minutes?
                    He is the son of a hockey alum
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

***....how do they keep clowns like that on the job? You might as well just put out a we hire mental midgets and dimwits sign to run our department.....no accountability or business acumen needed to work here...just look dumb and act dumb.....
                      Did anybody see timmay's quotes about we need to establish Maine as a national prominent program???? yeah thanks to his ineptness he has brought it to the level of looking up at Merrimack/PC!!! UM is screwed.....Blake will re-new timid timmay and they will totally destroy atheletic dept and hockey program. Unbelievable!!! Thank good for SEC football.....

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        The Learfield Sports deal must be incredibly profitable for the school.

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                          ***....how do they keep clowns like that on the job? You might as well just put out a we hire mental midgets and dimwits sign to run our department.....no accountability or business acumen needed to work here...just look dumb and act dumb.....
                          Did anybody see timmay's quotes about we need to establish Maine as a national prominent program???? yeah thanks to his ineptness he has brought it to the level of looking up at Merrimack/PC!!! UM is screwed.....Blake will re-new timid timmay and they will totally destroy atheletic dept and hockey program. Unbelievable!!! Thank good for SEC football.....
                          I think its quite obvious kennedy could give a **** less about the athletic department and doesn't want to put them time and effort into finding a replacement. Why else would you renew him? The whole thing is pretty ridiculous.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Although, unlike most of you, I do think Whitehead has the ability to turn the team around when it comes to coaching, this is a ridiculous business decision. Blake James just publicly applied for a job in Florida to get out of here.. and he didn't get it. This is a slap in the face to donors and followers of all Maine sports, especially the hockey program.

The fact that the University isn't willing to make ANY changes to turn things around, not even looking for an AD who WANTS to be here is pathetic.

Heres to hoping Corkum keeps bringing in Adam Shemankys and that Timmay finds more Nyquists in Sweden because it looks like those are our best hopes right now.

Comment

James just got renewed by the d-bag Kennedy who himself was looking to abandon ship to Kansas last year. UMaine is being poisoned right now........maybe it is up to the Board of Trustees to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

With quality employees like that, you have to lock them in when you can, so you don't lose them.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X