Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

So...I see we're back to losing with class?

Nothing like unobjectionable irrelevance to stir the blood.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Why doesnt Kerluke get as much credit as Corkum? Because Kerluke has been involved with Timmay during the downward spiral of this program. Corkum, in only one year helping out, has already brought in a promising group of young players who havent taken the gas pipe yet like many of Timmay/Danny recruits, or havent been involved in off ice antics to the degree we've witnessed over the past 4 years. Time will as always tell the whole story, but I have yet to see anything that Corkum's touched go sour. My guess is he prosecutes his business of coaching much like he played....honest and hard working.
      90% of the young talent was brought in by Corkum.It's still not enough,but we're getting there...He recruits another class like this one,and Maine might actually be a threat again.(Bob,find us a brick-wall goalie!)

Comment

I know that every school in the east wanted Weinrich, he was that much of a talent. Those words from Saint Shawn himself. He was very proud of that "get" once he had Eric coming to Orono...from one of his center ice club meetings. Especially since he was a Mainuh. If memory serves, Roy had no intention whatsoever of coming north ....he wanted to be a RatDog from the day he was born.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          This is Priceless as it is so full of BLEEP! Eric Weinrich was taken up to Maine essentially kicking and screaming for a visit, his account is on a video. He had no intention of going to Maine. BUT he fell in love with the place and the coach.

Shawn landed every recruit from Southern Maine? Ever hear of a kid named Travis Roy????? BU also had a kid I believe from Cape Elizabeth named Doug Friedman that was pretty good.

PLEASE no what the heck you are talking about before you type! I don't pretend to be an expert, but I know my history, and what you typed was not Priceless, it was worthless!

I think Priceless was maybe being just a bit sarcastic with that response, as he has been lately towards all of us internet nutcases and naysayers.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            His parents aren't the ones running the Maine program.

No but some parents and others think they could do a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
              No but some parents and others think they could do a better job.
              If you were there Friday night and watched the first 2 periods, can you blame them for thinking that
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

His parents aren't the ones running the Maine program.
                I was talking more when he was younger, not during the recruiting process. To be honest, I didn't really notice him that much last night except for when he took a penalty.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There is no excuse for losing another 2-0 lead at home. This happens way too much. Maine gets a 2 goal lead and then stops playing. Go for the Jugular and put a team away.
                  When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                    There is no excuse for losing another 2-0 lead at home. This happens way too much. Maine gets a 2 goal lead and then stops playing. Go for the Jugular and put a team away.
                    The bigger problem for me is being on your own halfboards and just throwing the puck towards the top of the blue line blindly. BC intercepted a bunch of those and one of them led to a goal. Dallying at your own blue line is awful to and was what led to BC's opener. One more thing, we've got to stop shooting the puck into others players pads from the point. How many goals have we given up off these plays in the last couple of years? Its so ridiculous. O'Neil's gotta get his act together, he was very poor last night and we need him to be a top pairing dman. I'll stop complaining now.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I was talking more when he was younger, not during the recruiting process. To be honest, I didn't really notice him that much last night except for when he took a penalty.
                      He moves the puck well and what doesn't Maine do well? He's on a PP unit so I'd say he's ok for a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        The bigger problem for me is being on your own halfboards and just throwing the puck towards the top of the blue line blindly. BC intercepted a bunch of those and one of them led to a goal. Dallying at your own blue line is awful to and was what led to BC's opener. One more thing, we've got to stop shooting the puck into others players pads from the point. How many goals have we given up off these plays in the last couple of years? Its so ridiculous. O'Neil's gotta get his act together, he was very poor last night and we need him to be a top pairing dman. I'll stop complaining now.

If the shot doesn't get blocked it's over the net and wide by 10 ft. Nyquist is the only one the team who can hit the corner. O'Neill needs to let it fly from the point and not a crappy wrist shot that's going 10 m.p.h

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          I think Priceless was maybe being just a bit sarcastic with that response, as he has been lately towards all of us internet nutcases and naysayers.
                          Me? Sarcastic? No way!

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          I know that every school in the east wanted Weinrich, he was that much of a talent. Those words from Saint Shawn himself. He was very proud of that "get" once he had Eric coming to Orono...from one of his center ice club meetings. Especially since he was a Mainuh. If memory serves, Roy had no intention whatsoever of coming north ....he wanted to be a RatDog from the day he was born.
                          Actually Travis wanted to be a Catamount like his dad, but he got interest from BU and Maine and Hockey East was just a tad above ECAC hockey. The decision came down to Travis' desire to live and go to school in a city after growing up in rural Maine.

Comment

There is no excuse for losing another 2-0 lead at home. .
                            Did you forget about Teddy Purcell and Andrew Sweetland? What about Ben Bishop or youth?

Comment

Did you forget about Teddy Purcell and Andrew Sweetland? What about Ben Bishop or youth?

That's TIMMAY'S excuse after every loss.

Comment

I only need one excuse: BC is better than Maine. It was nice to get swept, at least.
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X