Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Yea, but if he had gone to Maine, wouldn't he have been Corkum's recruit?
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      He never watched a Maine game at Alfond and you cant blame Timmay ??? Where else would you lay the blame for that ??? When Eric Weinrich was making his choice, you dont suppose Walshy made sure he had a look at the school do ya ??
      I'd blame his parents. I think its a little weird they never brought him up to a game as a kid.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        He never watched a Maine game at Alfond and you cant blame Timmay ??? Where else would you lay the blame for that ??? When Eric Weinrich was making his choice, you dont suppose Walshy made sure he had a look at the school do ya ??
        Weinrich held the press conference saying he was going to Maine before he had even applied to the school. Our college adviser saw the news on Channel 6 one night and asked him the next day, "Don't you think you should at least apply to the school before announcing you're going?"

Fortunately Shawn landed every recruit from Southern Maine so no one has to criticize him for letting kids go to Boston schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I'd blame his parents. I think its a little weird they never brought him up to a game as a kid.
          His parents aren't the ones running the Maine program.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            In the paper it said he never went to a Maine game in his life before last night, which I find pretty strange. If that is true though, I don't think you can really blame timmy.
            Agreed. Dumoulin had NO intention of ever setting foot on the UMaine campus. Many high school athletes in Southern Maine are "Mainers" by address only.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZy3C...eature=related

I love how random this is: Stein Song in Japanese.

Teiichi Futamura is Japanese for "I have Jon's alternator".

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                Agreed. Dumoulin had NO intention of ever setting foot on the UMaine campus. Many high school athletes in Southern Maine are "Mainers" by address only.

Can't say as I blame the kid. Why would he want to play for a program that will miss the NCAA tournament for a 3rd season in a row?
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I guess BC outdraws BU, the place was almost full last night.

Not sure what Maine can do when either the goaltending is awful or the Forwards and D are awful. This team could at least compete with BC if they'd both put in a complete game.
                  Why the D doesn't try to punish the little smurfs of BC is beyond me, you know they hate getting hit and Maine sits back trying not to make a mistake.
                  The Maine kid playing for BC looks pretty good, good job Tim

TIMMAY doesn't like it when they check. They're supposed to take punishment but not dish any out.
                  When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Weinrich held the press conference saying he was going to Maine before he had even applied to the school. Our college adviser saw the news on Channel 6 one night and asked him the next day, "Don't you think you should at least apply to the school before announcing you're going?"

Fortunately Shawn landed every recruit from Southern Maine so no one has to criticize him for letting kids go to Boston schools.
                    This is Priceless as it is so full of BLEEP! Eric Weinrich was taken up to Maine essentially kicking and screaming for a visit, his account is on a video. He had no intention of going to Maine. BUT he fell in love with the place and the coach.

Shawn landed every recruit from Southern Maine? Ever hear of a kid named Travis Roy????? BU also had a kid I believe from Cape Elizabeth named Doug Friedman that was pretty good.

PLEASE no what the heck you are talking about before you type! I don't pretend to be an expert, but I know my history, and what you typed was not Priceless, it was worthless!

Comment

If I was a BC fan, I'd be loving life, they are a blast to watch. Not sure how good they'll be but I'll bet they are playing long after Maine is hitting the links. They go up and down and forecheck like mad man. If Maine played like they did tonight I'd be happy also. A few lapses but they went for it and weren't so freakin' tentative. Now if the D could lay a few guys out, I'd really be happy

Comment

If I was a BC fan, I'd be loving life, they are a blast to watch. Not sure how good they'll be but I'll bet they are playing long after Maine is hitting the links. They go up and down and forecheck like mad man. If Maine played like they did tonight I'd be happy also. A few lapses but they went for it and weren't so freakin' tentative. Now if the D could lay a few guys out, I'd really be happy
                        Yeppers. I'm loving life... they are fun to watch. Shades of the late 90's teams.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Pretty much agree. The defense did do some hitting. Pryor made a tremendous hit and there were a few other players making hits as well. Maine could play with BC even without the depth that BC has.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Pretty much agree. The defense did do some hitting. Pryor made a tremendous hit and there were a few other players making hits as well. Maine could play with BC even without the depth that BC has.
                            Pryor laid that guy out and Cornell made a few hits also. Van Dyk missed every hip check he threw tonight.

Comment

Pryor laid that guy out and Cornell made a few hits also. Van Dyk missed every hip check he threw tonight.
                              Maine also has to improve their faceoffs. They controlled very few of them. Fortunately, tonight, they did not lead to goals as they have in past games.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                                This is Priceless as it is so full of BLEEP! Eric Weinrich was taken up to Maine essentially kicking and screaming for a visit, his account is on a video. He had no intention of going to Maine. BUT he fell in love with the place and the coach.

Shawn landed every recruit from Southern Maine? Ever hear of a kid named Travis Roy????? BU also had a kid I believe from Cape Elizabeth named Doug Friedman that was pretty good.

PLEASE no what the heck you are talking about before you type! I don't pretend to be an expert, but I know my history, and what you typed was not Priceless, it was worthless!
                                He still announced he was going to Maine before he even applied to the school.

As for Travis and Doug, those weren't Shawn's fault. I'm sure there was a reason those kids went to BU that has nothing to do with the coach. It's not like Friedman sent letters to Orono asking Shawn for a sniff at Maine and was never answered; or Shawn was in the Roy's driveway with donuts and coffee waiting for the scholarship deadline to arrive. No, those had nothing to do with Saint Shawn. How dare you suggest otherwise. It was probably Timmay's fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X