Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartan recruiting

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Somebody should send that article to Hollis in the hope that it somehow gets under his skin.

I'm not sure if apathy is lethal or not, but it sure seems poisonous.
    The first person I had in mind when I saw it.
    Do we need a Drayton McLane-caliber alum to step up? Or is the other argument earning more validity?

Comment

Somebody should send that article to Hollis in the hope that it somehow gets under his skin.

I'm not sure if apathy is lethal or not, but it sure seems poisonous.
      He would see "hockey" in the subject line and send it to his spam box. I love Hollis for his dedication to excellence at MSU, but hockey has always been a big part of that and he has completely ignored us since taking over for Ron Mason.
      MICHIGAN STATE
      1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        Yet another sign there is a perception out there that MSU Athletics (with a capital "A" to signify those at the top) doesn't give a high priority to hockey.

So Mark, is it the facilities? The personnel? Or could it be both?
        You know what? Let the kid go to Minnesota and join a program that, as observers of college hockey saw this year, was a collection of NHL draft picks that did not play together as a team. You want to learn to play as an individual and showcase yourself for the NHL? Go to Minnesota. You want to learn how to be a team player? Come to Michigan State.

If all this kid cares about is going to the NHL, I don't want to come within 10 feet of him. I'd rather have a kid who wants to come here for the team experience and for the education - like Matt Crandell - and if they get to the next level, it's a bonus.

There is an overemphasis of late on fans being worried that their team is somehow not getting the best possible players. Let things take their course, be fans regardless, and GET LIVES OUTSIDE OF HOCKEY
        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          Anyone else a little sad seeing Matt Duchene win the Calder? He should be in Green and White right now!!
          As much as it would have been nice to see him in an MSU sweater, Matt Duchene quite obviously didn't need college.
          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
          - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            That is what happens when the W Mich coach got canned. All bets are off with the players...

January 28, 2010

Chicago Steel forward Greg Wolfe. (USHL Images)
            Wolfe Commits to Western Michigan UniversityThe Chicago Steel announced that forward Greg Wolfe has committed to Western Michigan University and will attend the school beginning in the fall of 2010.
            Um, epic fail ...

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...042110aab.html
            - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
              As much as it would have been nice to see him in an MSU sweater, Matt Duchene quite obviously didn't need college.
              I totally agree. I just cant help but think how different things would have been if he was here. Sure he probably would have been a one and done, but it would have been a fun "one" to watch.
              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                He couldn't pass up all that $$$ in the O!

Comment

The newest Spartan commitment is for 2011 (at earliest). He's 5'10, 175# Tanner Sorenson - a minor rarity for Michigan State to pick up a commitment from a forward from Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota.

Story here.

Comment

Nice to see the lineage of Alaskans attending Michigan State will extend beyond yours truly.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Nice to see the lineage of Alaskans attending Michigan State will extend beyond yours truly.
                      Let's hope he comes in with your tenacity too!!

It sounds like he really wants to be here, and not just settling for an opportunity to get playing time. Sounds like a good kid from a good pedigree.
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

detnews chelios article says jake has verballed to join dean.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          detnews chelios article says jake has verballed to join dean.
                          Link?

Comment

in printed version. dont know abt online..

My bad - let's make that Free Press.
                            Last edited by owslachief; 06-12-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Obviously he is a Chelios but is he any good?

Comment

Mentioned on another thread, but Travis Walsh also a verbal for MSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X