MSU Spartan recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan recruiting

FWIW, Sinelli's committed to Michigan. With Jacob Fallon dropped from U-M's future plans, he'll probably land there. I'd not be surprised if his decommitment here was by mutual decision. Too much for him to compete with.

Comment

Ouch...

I was excited to see the kid in green and white. Sounded like he had a ton of talent. Not a crushing blow because of depth, but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't a pretty bad one.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Ouch...

I was excited to see the kid in green and white. Sounded like he had a ton of talent. Not a crushing blow because of depth, but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't a pretty bad one.
        He had a ton of potential as a 16-year-old, but in the USHL his numbers were well behind where they should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          He had a ton of potential as a 16-year-old, but in the USHL his numbers were well behind where they should have been.
          I did notice his numbers were way below what I thought they'd be.

Still, I think, once upon a time, I put Sinelli in a list of five or six kids that we absolutely couldn't lose due to decommitments. I still stand by that statement, but, though still painful, again, it's not a totally crushing blow.

I'll alert some of next season's student section members to heckle the hell out of the kid when he comes to Munn, though. Can't have any of that traitorous stuff.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Does anyone know if MSU has ever expressed any interest in Gibby's son Kevin (Michigan Warriors- NAHL)? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
              Does anyone know if MSU has ever expressed any interest in Gibby's son Kevin (Michigan Warriors- NAHL)? Just curious.
              Meh ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                Technically, the team currently has 9 rostered defensemen (includes Chelios), with seven that played regularly. Two forwards graduated and one has left for greener grass. (Two of those three played regularly, with Shean playing some.) Something has to shift for any new players, based solely on scholarships as there are only two (and a partial?) open. Right now, Anastos has some real homework to undertake as there isn't room currently for many new players as-is, yet there are some holes to fill. 2012 is going to have a bunch of openings, so what do the players do?
                I agree. But IMO Spartans need a big time forward for 2011 that can provide the punch needed now

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                  Technically, the team currently has 9 rostered defensemen (includes Chelios), with seven that played regularly. Two forwards graduated and one has left for greener grass. (Two of those three played regularly, with Shean playing some.) Something has to shift for any new players, based solely on scholarships as there are only two (and a partial?) open. Right now, Anastos has some real homework to undertake as there isn't room currently for many new players as-is, yet there are some holes to fill. 2012 is going to have a bunch of openings, so what do the players do?
                  Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                  I agree. But IMO Spartans need a big time forward for 2011 that can provide the punch needed now
                  I don't believe all 24 on the current roster are going to make the transition to Anastos' staff's style/ethic/culture. I've got to believe there will be more than 3 incoming freshmen this Fall. And one of them will make an immediate scoring impact.

Comment

I don't believe all 24 on the current roster are going to make the transition to Anastos' staff's style/ethic/culture. I've got to believe there will be more than 3 incoming freshmen this Fall. And one of them will make an immediate scoring impact.
                    Tough to find a TOP recruit in May. Maybe next season?

Comment

Sure. Maybe not even next season ... unless TA is able to get a recruit or 2 to switch commitments. But this is not to say someone who was looking at 2012 as a possibility can't take the 2011 option.

And speaking of 2012's (no, he won't be able to deviate from that schedule), and at the risk of over-hyping a 5'9 forward, here's your latest Boucher article - the "stone-cold killer" .
                      Last edited by owslachief; 05-02-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Not sure if you guys track "rumored" recruits or not, but Calumet's Ben Johnson is purportedly waiting to hear whether or not MSU will offer. Tech and NMU already have.
                        He also talked to another former WCHA team down the road. In the end, though, he took the CHL route with Windsor.
                        One only hopes Rhett Holland isn't going the WHL way - which is a distinct possibility.

Unless it's Michigan, apparently.

Comment

He also talked to another former WCHA team down the road. In the end, though, he took the CHL route with Windsor.
                          One only hopes Rhett Holland isn't going the WHL way - which is a distinct possibility.

Unless it's Michigan, apparently.
                          Michigan just reloaded, time for MSU to find some more punch. They need impact forwards IMO.

Comment

Reloaded? 2 impact freshman ≠ ton of lost scoring.

Comment

For now at least, I'm going to assume Justin Hoomaian is a walk-on for the Fall.

So by my count - 2011 freshman class looks like:

Matt Berry F (Muskegon)
                              Brent Darnell F (Sioux Falls, NAHL)
                              Rhett Holland D (Ototoks, AJHL) OR Mike Gunn D (Chicago, USHL)
                              Tanner Sorenson F (Shattuck St. Mary's)
                              Justin Hoomaian F (Michigan, NAHL)

The roster will be decidedly junior/senior-heavy (18 as of now).
                              Last edited by owslachief; 05-25-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Reloaded? 2 impact freshman ≠ ton of lost scoring.
                                Which impact freshman are you referring to?

Always a huge rivalry between UM & MSU. How do you feel both teams stack up going into this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X