Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways To Know You're a Division III Fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways To Know You're a Division III Fan...

This might take off, it might not, but either way I think there is no doubt that Division III certainly serves up some interesting oddities and tidbits. As a result, there are numerous locales and experiences we never would have realized we were not fans of Division III hockey.

In light of such...what sort of things are out there that serve as a constant reminder of your DIII fanship? I probably have 100 of these, but here's one from this morning:

: At a meeting this morning on business efficiencies, imagine my excitement upon learning that a movie on the efficiencies of making toast was produced by UMass-Boston. I spent the rest of the meeting pondering the role of the MASCAC. Go Beacons.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Re: Ways To Know You're a Division III Fan...

: You know nine different ways to get into the Cornerstone Community Center for free, and thus know where the bathrooms are that never have a line.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

You get to the rink an extra 15-20 minutes early so that you can chat up the ushers... this way they won't throw you out later in the evening.
      Originally posted by zamboney
      the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
      2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

You've had an opposing player send his girlfriend over to tell you that you are the most annoying person in the world, only to smile, shake her hand, and say thank you
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

You've watched a college hockey game in an outdoor rink.

You eagerly obsess over a guys stats in the OPJHL and then hope he's one of the 10% that actually turn into a good D-III player.

You think the NCAA's Pool bid sytsem sucks.

You know who Matt Webb is.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

The new season has two days of official hockey in the books, and your favorite forum’s pages remain as they did in mid-march.
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
              This might take off, it might not, but either way I think there is no doubt that Division III certainly serves up some interesting oddities and tidbits. As a result, there are numerous locales and experiences we never would have realized we were not fans of Division III hockey.

In light of such...what sort of things are out there that serve as a constant reminder of your DIII fanship? I probably have 100 of these, but here's one from this morning:

: At a meeting this morning on business efficiencies, imagine my excitement upon learning that a movie on the efficiencies of making toast was produced by UMass-Boston. I spent the rest of the meeting pondering the role of the MASCAC. Go Beacons.
              You realize, of course, that UMass-Boston is still in the ECAC-East??

Perhaps you are confusing that Beacon of upsets with the pillagers from the North Shore, Salem State College?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                You realize, of course, that UMass-Boston is still in the ECAC-East??

Perhaps you are confusing that Beacon of upsets with the pillagers from the North Shore, Salem State College?

Yes. No. The mention of UMB alone dovetailed into a pondrance of the MASCAC, even though they aren't in the league. It was the mere mention of "UMass" that sent my mind into overload.

: You know that UMB is not in the MASCAC

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

: You know where to get beer after 9pm in Green Bay, Stevens Point, Fond du Lac, River Falls, Menomonie, Ashland, Superior, Milwaukee, Eau Claire and Appleton

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                  19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Back on topic...

(a) You ponder the ways the MASCAC can steal the Pool B bid and thank the heavens for Morrisville!

(b) You hope MASCAC-TV is working this year to save on plane flights.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                      : You know where to get beer after 9pm in Green Bay, Stevens Point, Fond du Lac, River Falls, Menomonie, Ashland, Superior, Milwaukee, Eau Claire and Appleton
                      I guess I'm not the only one who keeps a cooler in their trunk, of course mine is full of diet Mtn Dew

: All the teams in your sport play in either the Eastern or Central time zones.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Back on topic...

(a) You ponder the ways the MASCAC can steal the Pool B bid and thank the heavens for Morrisville!
                        I haven't even thought about that yet but very good observation joe.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

-The student sections have only 3 cheers to use on opposing players and goalies and you wish someone would get hold of the Yost arena cheerbook!

Comment

: You get kicked out of the arena for having thundersticks.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

You know who Adrian is.
                              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                              X