Lssu @ Wmu 11/6, 11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lssu @ Wmu 11/6, 11/7

The Lakers travel to Kalamazoo hoping to rebound from a weekend sweep at the hands of Michigan, facing the team that knocked them out of last year's playoffs....

Re: Lssu @ Wmu 11/6, 11/7

didn't get a chance to listen last night. seemed like an interesting game though.

was BMW just off in the first, or were the goals off real scoring chances?

good to see Lake State fight back and get a point after getting behind. we need to get some W's in this part of the schedule though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
      didn't get a chance to listen last night. seemed like an interesting game though.

was BMW just off in the first, or were the goals off real scoring chances?

good to see Lake State fight back and get a point after getting behind. we need to get some W's in this part of the schedule though.
      I think it was a combination of BMW being off and good scoring chances. If a goalie is on, you'd expect him to save at least one of the WMU goals. It looked like his reaction time was a bit slow in the 1st period. He gave up 3 goals on 7 Bronco shots in the 1st. Gysbers probably played by far the worst game on D that I've seen him play. He was getting beat throughout the night, especially in the 1st period. Offensively he had a great shorthanded opportunity late in the 2nd on a 2 on 1 feed, but never even got a shot off; looked like indecision on what he wanted to do with the puck. Lakers actually played quite well with the exception of the stretch midway in the 1st when the Broncos got their 3 goals, and they also looked a bit gassed the last half of the 3rd period. Western controlled most of that. Equalizing goal came from a Nehring shot/pass (?) from way to the side of the net that deflected in off Cassiani. I thought that on some of the best Lakers scoring chances, they actually missed the net with their shots. Being down 3-0 on the road is tough so it was nice to see them come back and tie it.

I guess I can understand the choice of Schofield, MacVoy and Acton in the shootout, but I would have liked to see Nehring and Cassiani have a crack at it. All 3 of our guys in the shootout went in close and shot in the pads of the Bronco goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        I guess I can understand the choice of Schofield, MacVoy and Acton in the shootout, but I would have liked to see Nehring and Cassiani have a crack at it. All 3 of our guys in the shootout went in close and shot in the pads of the Bronco goalie.
        My thoughts EXACTLY!!! I was miffed that he didn't use Nehring and Cassiani.

Also ... was Beamer hurt somehow in the first? Jim took him out, but then put him back in the second. Any thoughts on this?
        http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

No, Nehring should never be in the top 3 of a shootout for the Lakers, he may be scoring goals but they are goals off of "hockey plays", not dekes, etc. He has proved that much thus far this season as i have seen him in 4 oppurtunities with no one between him and the goalie and he has shot it right into the goalie every time.... The top 3 should always be Schofield, Cassiani, and then either Macvoy or Kaunisto, as both have some pretty good moves...the Nehrings and Actons should be farther down the shootout depth chart like 6th and 7th or so....All in all a point is a point and i think the confidence the Lakers gained last night knowing they are capable of rebounding from a deep defecit early on the road may end up being more valuable to them than the point they gained....really hoping for a win tonight..Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
            Also ... was Beamer hurt somehow in the first? Jim took him out, but then put him back in the second. Any thoughts on this?
            I don't think he was hurt or ill. He just looked a bit off his game. He played pretty solid when they brought him back in the 2nd. The exception would be that I think controlling rebounds is a weak area of his game, moreso than I would like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
              No, Nehring should never be in the top 3 of a shootout for the Lakers, he may be scoring goals but they are goals off of "hockey plays", not dekes, etc. He has proved that much thus far this season as i have seen him in 4 oppurtunities with no one between him and the goalie and he has shot it right into the goalie every time.... The top 3 should always be Schofield, Cassiani, and then either Macvoy or Kaunisto, as both have some pretty good moves...the Nehrings and Actons should be farther down the shootout depth chart like 6th and 7th or so....All in all a point is a point and i think the confidence the Lakers gained last night knowing they are capable of rebounding from a deep defecit early on the road may end up being more valuable to them than the point they gained....really hoping for a win tonight..Go Lakers!
              If the Lakers were getting better production in shootouts from the other guys, then I wouldn't have any problems with what you are saying. But Nehring seems to have elevated his scoring game, at least early in this season, so I would like to at least see him get a chance in shootouts. None of our other upperclassmen have had much success in shootouts, even going back to last season.

Comment

What has happened to the Laker Faithful who usually post? I had to dig down to the bottom of page 3 to find this. Have you given up????

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                  What has happened to the Laker Faithful who usually post? I had to dig down to the bottom of page 3 to find this. Have you given up????
                  FRICKER, there is a separate Laker Hockey 2009/10 thread, but I agree that a lot of posters do seem to have slacked off.

Comment

Bill, I realize that there is a seperate Laker post, but this one was the first I came to. A few "W's" would help, eh?

Comment

I'm just disgusted this team is showing very little heart.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                        I'm just disgusted this team is showing very little heart.
                        What exactly have you seen when you have been at the games to make this comment?

Comment

Working...
                        X