Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

UNH, coming off a simply awful weekend in Madison, come back to the friendly confines of the Whittemore Center to face-off against BC. BC had its troubles last weekend as well, earning a home and home split against the upstart Merrimack Warriors.

Really confusing beginning to the season for both teams, UNH failing to have an out-of-conference victory, while taking care of Northeastern and Maine in back to back nights with relative ease. Meanwhile BC lost up at the Gutt, while winning on the shared plane ride with the football team out to Notre Dame...

An interesting early matchup for both teams as they are trying to gain traction for the season.

Thoughts?
    UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

I hate both of you.

There. Now you have someone to flame.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Eagles and River Hawks on the same weekend. I am thinking a win over the Eagles at the Whitt, but probably only a tie against the River Hawks at Tsongas.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Eagles and River Hawks on the same weekend. I am thinking a win over the Eagles at the Whitt, but probably only a tie against the River Hawks at Tsongas.
        I think I would feel lucky coming out of the Tsongas with a tie. That building never bodes well for us.
        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

The Eagle forwards will love the big sheet.
          The Eagle D will have problems with it.
          The outcome will depend on the goalies.
          Last team to score wins.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            The Eagle forwards will love the big sheet.
            The Eagle D will have problems with it.
            Last team to score wins.
            Likewise, the Wildcat forwards will love the big sheet.
            The Wildcat D will have problems with it.
            Except, the first team to score wins.

Usually find team psychology overrated, but after last weekend both teams must be mentally shaky. UNH folks making much of their youth, and BC average age is 8 months younger. First goal could be bigger here with these teams at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by 5IslandsWildcat View Post
              Likewise, the Wildcat forwards will love the big sheet.
              The Wildcat D will have problems with it.
              Except, the first team to score wins.

Usually find team psychology overrated, but after last weekend both teams must be mentally shaky. UNH folks making much of their youth, and BC average age is 8 months younger. First goal could be bigger here with these teams at this time.
              We'll spot you the first goal. The Eagles have two losses when scoring first.

In other game related news, at 6:55 pm, just before the playing of our National Anthem, 6000 cell phones will simultaneously ring...

A recruiting message from Scott Borek...

Either the Whitt is not at full capacity, or he's slippin'.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                I think I would feel lucky coming out of the Tsongas with a tie. That building never bodes well for us.
                I'm avoiding that place like the plague this weekend. They've had some real doozies down there lately.
                The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
                  I'm avoiding that place like the plague this weekend. They've had some real doozies down there lately.
                  Can't be much worse than what I sat through this past weekend.
                  UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

I don't know much about BC this year, but my hunch is that their forwards will do better against our D than vice versa. I'm thinking BC wins, 5-2.

Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
                    UNH was 1-1 there last year. The first game was pretty bad (8-3 loss), but Foster posted a shutout a few weeks later. We've seen some bad losses there, and I think those stick out in our heads, but I don't think the Tsongas has been as bad as, say, Matthews from 2000-2003 or Alfond until a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised if UNH's record at Tsongas was around .500 (if not better).

I think the bigger problem for UNH is that Lowell is better than last year (at the very least, "as good as"), while UNH is worse.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

I really think the BC defense is susceptible to youthful mistakes but overall they are all very solid. BC's forwards are playing almost as I expected, no one really killing it but spread out scoring.

Questions on forward seem to be answered --> Can Whitney come back into freshman form? Seems as if he will. Can Smith get back into freshman and sophomore form? Seems as if he will at least be better than last year. That bodes well.

Questions on defense seem to be answered --> Is Cross healthy? Yes and he looks very good. Can he stay healthy, however? Can Sneep put it together? He certainly looked great last Friday night. Not sure where he'll go. But the freshmen look great, Dumoulin looks good. Wey is ok but has made some mistakes. Samuelsson looks good although he does get pushed around a bit.

Questions on goaltending --> ***? Muse came back earlier than expected. He also looks like Mikey Ayers in April. Milner didn't look very good at all on Friday night but then again he had no chance on a few of those goals and did make a monumental kick save in the last minute.

BC's issues will be the PP and goaltending. If they get that figured out, put BC in Detroit. If not, forget about it.

I like BC in this one, but just barely. Look for Kreider to make use of the extra ice, that kid is the best skater I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like I'll be attending up in Hillbilly Land, so I hope all of my friends up there are doing well and keeping it real.

Wake me up when it's March...
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-04-2009, 07:29 AM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I really think the BC defense is susceptible to youthful mistakes but overall they are all very solid. BC's forwards are playing almost as I expected, no one really killing it but spread out scoring.

Questions on forward seem to be answered --> Can Whitney come back into freshman form? Seems as if he will. Can Smith get back into freshman and sophomore form? Seems as if he will at least be better than last year. That bodes well.

Questions on defense seem to be answered --> Is Cross healthy? Yes and he looks very good. Can he stay healthy, however? Can Sneep put it together? He certainly looked great last Friday night. Not sure where he'll go. But the freshmen look great, Dumoulin looks good. Wey is ok but has made some mistakes. Samuelsson looks good although he does get pushed around a bit.

Questions on goaltending --> ***? Muse came back earlier than expected. He also looks like Mikey Ayers in April. Milner didn't look very good at all on Friday night but then again he had no chance on a few of those goals and did make a monumental kick save in the last minute.

BC's issues will be the PP and goaltending. If they get that figured out, put BC in Detroit. If not, forget about it.

I like BC in this one, but just barely. Look for Kreider to make use of the extra ice, that kid is the best skater I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like I'll be attending up in Hillbilly Land, so I hope all of my friends up there are doing well and keeping it real.

Wake me up when it's March...
                        Hi Nick,
                        Can you please inform the UNH faithful that "fanboys" is a term reserved for dissing the BU fanbase by you guys and that they need to cease using it?

'kthxbye!
                        Love,
                        Scarlet

Comment

This week's BC-UNH matchup definitely has a different feel from the last few years. Expectations are down for both teams, and both have had early season struggles. Both are young and suffered losses to their recruiting classes, although BC has way more upside than this UNH club does. For both, goaltending and team defense have been question marks early on and thus I expect a high scoring back and forth game on Friday on the big sheet. I'm looking forward to getting my first live look at the high touted BC freshmen class(particularly Kreider, Whitney and Dumoulin). Sorry about the loss of Kenny Ryan.
                          Last time these two met, BC came away with a sweep at the Whittemore Center in the Hockey East Quarters, with the deciding game a 1-0 final. Hopefully(and I expect), this one will be vastly different.
                          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

scarlet, what's up babe!?

Here's the deal. Fanboy is a concept that simply can, has, and will be used as a way to identify the limp-wristed, face-painting fansies at BU. Truth be told, it wasn't a BC person that called them fanboys the first time. UNH fans reserve the right to use the term when discussing all of BU's lame fans. Sorry to disappoint you.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              scarlet, what's up babe!?

Here's the deal. Fanboy is a concept that simply can, has, and will be used as a way to identify the limp-wristed, face-painting fansies at BU. Truth be told, it wasn't a BC person that called them fanboys the first time. UNH fans reserve the right to use the term when discussing all of BU's lame fans. Sorry to disappoint you.
                              Yes, they certainly can. That's not what I was getting at. I was under the impression that UNH was referring to BC in the title of this thread, given that it's a game thread between UNH and BC. Unless I was mistaken and the thread starter was thinking that the BU fans would come in here and "douse gasoline." Which is entirely possible, but I just didn't see it that way. If that was the intent, my apologies, and carry on. However, if the UNH fan that started this thread was calling BC fans "fanboys" I think you need to object!

Comment

Working...
                              X