Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

The sad part about this thread to me is the underlying smugness on the part of the UNH fans and the BC fans. UMass Amherst, UML, and Merrimack are three outstanding teams this year, and for the fans of UNH and BC (BU notwithstanding) to be exchanging barbs as if the traditional power structure in HE is as always is very distasteful to me. Dickie Boy and Jerry are going to eat their share of crow this year. I see no hardware for either squad, but I see the glee in the faces in the heretofore unheralded programs as they trash the traditionally successful outfits.
    Last edited by billb; 11-05-2009, 06:53 PM.
    "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
    Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
      The sad part about this thread to me is the underlying smugness on the part of the UNH fans and the BC fans. UMass Amherst, UML, and Merrimack are three outstanding teams this year, and for the fans of UNH and BC (BU notwithstanding) to be exchanging barbs as if the traditional power structure in HE is as always is very distasteful to me. Dickie Boy and Jerry are going to eat their share of crow this year. I see no hardware for either squad, but I see the glee in the faces in the heretofore unheralded programs as they trash the traditionally successful outfits.
      Gee, it's almost like this is a thread about an upcoming UNH/BC game.

(And apparently you ignored all the UML talk in here. Good job.)
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
        This has to be a joke. No one can be this dumb....
        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

billb forgot to take his meds again.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
            you're just grumpy. It was pretty dang funny, had it been the other way around, you'd have been 2nd in line to give kudos
            ..agree, that was witty & very funny by IrishWildcat. I laughed for quite awhile
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

bill, my smugness is not tied to the success of my hockey team of which i have no impact on. thanks for the warning though. boy do i hate comeuppance.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                This has to be a joke. No one can be this dumb....
                Yes he can.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                  you're just grumpy. It was pretty dang funny, had it been the other way around, you'd have been 2nd in line to give kudos
                  call it the watered down state of USCHO, but I didnt think it was funny at all. It strikes me as a generic cookie-cutter joke that could be made about any school (technology commerce and hummanities? really?). there was nothing remotely relevant to BC or its program other than the use of the word 'Boston' (zomg! not in boston!!). Its also mildly ironic that a UNH fan indicting other fanbases for complaining. Somehow I dont think that was the intended angle. maybe my creativity standards are just too high or I long too much for the days of old.

how about
                  the Durham University of National Championship Envy, or
                  the New England Redneck Dooshbaggery School, or
                  the Hillbilly Institute of Cousin Kissing

just to name a few off the top of my head.
                  Last edited by SteveF; 11-06-2009, 01:12 PM.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post

call it the watered down state of USCHO, but I didnt think it was funny at all. It strikes me as a generic cookie-cutter joke that could be made about any school (technology commerce and hummanities? really?). there was nothing remotely relevant to BC or its program other than the use of the word 'Boston' (zomg! not in boston!!). Its also mildly ironic that a UNH fan indicting other fanbases for complaining. Somehow I dont think that was the intended angle. maybe my creativity standards are just too high or I long too much for the days of old.

how about
                    the Durham University of National Championship Envy, or
                    the New England Redneck Dooshbaggery School, or
                    the Hillbilly Institute of Cousin Kissing

just to name a few off the top of my head.
                    Funny, I always thought these were opposites: Redneck & Dooshbaggery. I think you're slipping a little, Steve.

Comment

b.i.t.c.h. haiku

It's not that funny
                      Would Chuck Murray laugh? Hell no.
                      Watered down is right.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Nick, Bobo and Chuck are weeping right now at the state of this BC-UNH flamefest.
                        Boston University Terriers
                        1971, 1972, 1978, 1995 and 2009 National Champions.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Comment

BC wins 5-2

Comment

where art thou, chuck m?
                            death by mike ayers beach ball...
                            hillbillies need you

Comment

Limerick for Chuckles... Vive les expos.

There once was a man named Chuck Murray
                              Plying his craft, he never did hurry
                              He wrote such good stories
                              They were past USCHO glories
                              Can his Cats win the big one? Nope, don't worry.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It is nice to see that Chuck, Jr signed with the Pens.....

*****http://christophergates.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/download.jpg******
                                Boston University Terriers
                                1971, 1972, 1978, 1995 and 2009 National Champions.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Comment

Working...
                                X