Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Hockey 2009-2010

This thread is long overdue!

I'll be in Storrs for both AIC games this weekend as long as the creek don't rise.

AIC earned an impressive 3 points from Holy Cross. Impressive 1st game, and they fought hard in the 2nd through some mistakes to take a huge point that they would probably not have earned last year.

Re: Atlantic Hockey 2009-2010

I may try to do the same. We ought to meet up somewhere one of those nights.

Comment

Whats up with the Uconn goalie situation? We (the fans) almost felt bad up in Rochester seeing the same guy get shelled both nights and getting letting left in the game. Can't be good for a young goalies ego to let up 13 goals in a weekend, including two hat tricks, especially at the Ritter which is not the most welcoming venue for opposing teams
      RIT Tigers
      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Nice weekend for the Black Knights taking 3 of 4 points with contributions from Freshmen Friday night. They are so young, though, if Owen Meyer doesn't get it going, they will face a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
          especially at the Ritter which is not the most welcoming venue for opposing teams
          I've been giving some thought to scheduling a business trip so that I can be in Rochester in January to see my Falcons come to town. I always like to see them play in a good hockey environment with good fans. There's only one problem with that trip.... it's Rochester......in January.
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
            I've been giving some thought to scheduling a business trip so that I can be in Rochester in January to see my Falcons come to town. I always like to see them play in a good hockey environment with good fans. There's only one problem with that trip.... it's Rochester......in January.
            If you had to pick between the western/central NY cities (buffalo, rochester, syracuse) to visit in janaury rochester is the safest one. Buffalo and syracuse are on the ends of lake erie and ontario they get the worst of the snow. Besides I can't image there is that much temperature difference between MA and NY that time of year
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Speaking of winter, Erie isn't the nicest place in the winter. You often start hitting snow on I-86/17 by the time you hit Olean. You take your life into your own hands if you take I-90 from Buffalo to Erie.

The bums at work are trying to make me work Friday night from December to February, so I may only be able to do either Canisius or Mercyhurst for the winter AIC trip.

As far as Rochester and Snow, remember, coming from the east or west, you have to go through Buffalo or Syracuse.

RSTuthill - Sounds like a plan. BTW. have you heard of this motel?
              http://www.ashfordmotel.com/
              I try to stay at non-chains, but so many of them are not even middle-notch, that you have to be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by thunder97 View Post
                Nice weekend for the Black Knights taking 3 of 4 points with contributions from Freshmen Friday night. They are so young, though, if Owen Meyer doesn't get it going, they will face a long season.
                How many freshman is Army starting this year? RIT is starting several which I believe contributed to the rough start. There is a lot of talent and speed in the class but it's just starting to mesh with the rest of the guys. We have also lost a number of clutch offense guys and are kind of waiting for someone to step up and fill that role.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Cornwall, I have been past that place many times but have no clue. It looks pretty old.

I can say that the Nathan Hale on campus is nice. Not sure how pricey it is but FB is away and BB hasn't started yet. I think that only hockey and soccer are in town for the men. So maybe they have space.

Comment

Freshmen starting for Army:
                    Starczewski 2nd line Santee 3rd line Bobb 4th line John Clark D, Ikkala D, Rocha D. The 3 Defensemen have played in all 7 games and Starczewski and Santee have played in 6. Bobb was hurt but played in both games this last weekend.

Comment

AIC Article from the Springfield newspaper. Reprinted on the AIC website

http://www.aicyellowjackets.com/news...103095001.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                        AIC Article from the Springfield newspaper. Reprinted on the AIC website

http://www.aicyellowjackets.com/news...103095001.aspx
                        Sounds like the program is making strides. Building the fan base through free pizza and bus rides. That's worked pretty well for Canisius, so good luck to AIC. I'm all for better atmosphere in the league.
                        2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                        2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                          Speaking of winter, Erie isn't the nicest place in the winter. You often start hitting snow on I-86/17 by the time you hit Olean. You take your life into your own hands if you take I-90 from Buffalo to Erie.

The bums at work are trying to make me work Friday night from December to February, so I may only be able to do either Canisius or Mercyhurst for the winter AIC trip.

As far as Rochester and Snow, remember, coming from the east or west, you have to go through Buffalo or Syracuse.

RSTuthill - Sounds like a plan. BTW. have you heard of this motel?
                          http://www.ashfordmotel.com/
                          I try to stay at non-chains, but so many of them are not even middle-notch, that you have to be careful.

I don't have to worry about it until next season when RMU comes onboard, but should I get studded snow tires for the road trips?

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
                            I don't have to worry about it until next season when RMU comes onboard, but should I get studded snow tires for the road trips?
                            Western NY is really no worse than any other place in the NE in the winter. Do we get big blizzards a couple times a year? Yes. Is it cold? Yes, its winter for crying out loud

As a visiting fan I would be more worried about your teams reception when they play RIT at home
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
                              Sounds like the program is making strides. Building the fan base through free pizza and bus rides. That's worked pretty well for Canisius, so good luck to AIC. I'm all for better atmosphere in the league.
                              Maybe they could turn up the heat in the Olympia. That was the coldest rink I've ever been in to watch a game.
                              HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Working...
                              X