Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Neither UML nor UMass has a women's team.
    And what are the heII is Connecticut doing in there?
    I bet Hoky doke knows.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Also, I know I'm only an alumn of the school and not a current student, but didn't we just get a new admin? We have a new President, a new AD and a whole bunch of other new things? They spent just under $1M this past summer with the new floor/ice/compressors (correct me if I'm wrong on that amount as it might have been significantly less but I can't remember) and they are planning on gutting the inside and putting in chair backs along both sides of the arena as well as metal bleachers/benches on the far back wall behind the opposing goalie for 2 periods for the student section...sounds to me like MC is working their way towards living up to what needs to be done. Correct me if I'm wrong...so Hokydad, go troll somewhere else and leave this thread alone...you don't belong and we all know, you are UNWANTED!!!!

For all the rest of the conversation, I've enjoyed it. There hasn't been this much hockey talk about MC since the 97/98 seaons with Stringer/Porter combo being in the top 10 in scoring in the country late in the season LOL
      As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

never thought I'd see the day when there was a single place to talk Merrimack hockey, but great start to your season so far! Let's keep Hockey East the toughest conference in the country!
        Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
        when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
        "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
          Absolutely, that's fine by me! What's your blog again? I think you may have.
          I'm actually using some of your pics for a Merrimack wallpaper I'm making. I will post it here when I'm done with it. The blog is www.sportsjuke.com. Thanks!
          Merrimack College Warriors
          Boston Bruins Hockey
          Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
          Old-time hockey, bar the door
          Clear the track it's all-out war
          Light the lamp, throw a hit
          Black and gold never quit
          The barn is full, our team's in town
          So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
          Drop the puck, it's time to go"
          -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
          Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            The administration can not have it both ways. They can't insist upon staying in Hockey East and then not have a girls team and or a rink that is by far the worst in HE.
            So UMass and Lowell are going to get kicked out of Hockey East because they don't have women's teams? Is UConn going to get kicked out of the women's Hockey East because their men's team insists on playing in another conference?

It's all very confusing.
            Last edited by Rox22; 11-05-2009, 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
            MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
            NCAA Appearance: 2007
            1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
            http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Here's the final version, its a wallpaper for Merrimack's schedule in November:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9122/mcnovember.jpg
              Merrimack College Warriors
              Boston Bruins Hockey
              Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
              Old-time hockey, bar the door
              Clear the track it's all-out war
              Light the lamp, throw a hit
              Black and gold never quit
              The barn is full, our team's in town
              So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
              Drop the puck, it's time to go"
              -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
              Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                never thought I'd see the day when there was a single place to talk Merrimack hockey, but great start to your season so far! Let's keep Hockey East the toughest conference in the country!
                If UNH finishs in the top half of the HE this year your conference will be far from being the toughest conference in the country.

Comment

When I am wrong I admit it. Was at the rink yesterday and the ice is in fact improved. I had noticed issues by the zamboni door etc but it looks like they even have that pretty much under control, not 100% but pretty good. the rest of the ice looks very good. They do have a BOD and they need to get their acts togather and garner support from the alums for the team. In the past they have ticked peoplem off by raising funds and not using it as layed out or not finishing the so called phases. That is why big donors like Donovan etc walked away pretty much.

MC has a good program, very nice base and coach. They need to support it with a real rink

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    If UNH finishs in the top half of the HE this year your conference will be far from being the toughest conference in the country.
                    Okay, so Wisco came east last year and got stomped by UNH last october, and finished 3rd in the WCHA what does that say about your league?

Comment

BS
                      To say it is 100% better is a lie spoken by someone who has not looked at it. Drive over today, walk down, look at it and then you shut your mouth because your wrong
                      Guess the liar was you huh, DB?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                        Okay, so Wisco came east last year and got stomped by UNH last october, and finished 3rd in the WCHA what does that say about your league?
                        Look at the shot totals of all three games played the last two years. See if anything jumps out at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                          Because November and October hockey have enormous bearing on what happens the rest of the year. The concept of either the Badgers or the Kitties getting better as the season progresses is IMPOSSIBLE!!!1!!!!!!11

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                            Look at the shot totals of all three games played the last two years. See if anything jumps out at you.
                            What jumps out at me is both teams were dominated (shot totals don't mean squat, UNH could have gotten 30 shots on goal Friday, they still were dominated), and its October. I'm not saying who's going to be where in March, I'm just saying if you're basing anything on games in October, you're foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              Guess the liar was you huh, DB?
                              If people stop answering this sniveling little punk, maybe he will go away.
                              now I know why so many people at the PC games point at you and say what a fool you are.

Comment

If people stop answering this sniveling little punk, maybe he will go away.
                                Nope, he doesn't get it yet.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X