Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
    Some one has yet to answer my original question about Da Costa.

Personally I say he plays a great year this year. He bulks up over the summer (he's far too small right now to picked up by a NHL team), plays an absolutely incredible year next year, carries us through to the Hockey East Final game, then leaves for an NHL team.
    That sounds about right. Although reading Mike's article in the Sunday Trib he went through an awful lot of trouble to get into college. He might want to see it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
      Merrimack has a great fan base that has had nothing to cheer about since the Rich Pion, Jim Hrivnack, Jim Vesey, and Andy Heinze days. They will start coming out if the wins continue.

Can you alumni please start petitioning for a new rink? There are D-3 teams across New England throwing up rinks left and right, yet Merrimack still plays in the same sh*t box. That was a new low last night without the scoreboard working....
      The Ice complex is my favorite rink of all time. It is a great barn with up close and personal view of the benches. You can hear everything the coaches are saying. A higher ceiling and a score board would be nice tho.

Comment

Originally posted by warriors16 View Post
        They are actually ripping out of all the bleachers and putting in seat-backs and adding a student section behind the goal by the zamboni entrance all to be done before the start of next season. That's in addition to the new scoreboards (on order because well the old one's stopped working during the season), the new rink bed, and new press area. Also, supposively in a few years they want to be able to raise the ceiling..not sure how that works/the cost but that's the rumor. Information on this can be seen here:
        http://merrimackathletics.com/sports...2008-09/Lawler
        That's great to hear, especially the student section. If the current student fans/the administration can motivate the rest of the campus to fill the rink I think the coziness of Lawler will provide a really great environment. That student section is going to be right on top of the opposing goalie, and I applaud it.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
          That sounds about right. Although reading Mike's article in the Sunday Trib he went through an awful lot of trouble to get into college. He might want to see it through.
          Yes, the stories all emphasized how hockey isn't really that big in France, and how he wanted to get an education in the US.

Of course, with all due respect to everyone involved, there is a point in the process where just about every student athlete says that

Glad to see MC get its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            UW vs Merrimack in the Wisco tourney is looking more and more like it could be a great game.

Glad to see the Mack getting some nice W's.
            Definitely, I'm very excited for that tournament. It will be my first time in Maddison
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Here are the shots from Friday. I have no problem with people using them in publications etc, just please give photo credit to Michael Salvucci/Merrimack College Beacon.

Thanks and enjoy!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salvo10...7622598905781/

@SalvucciM

Comment

Don't know if anyone saw this, but a nice article about the two Merrimack Valley rivals that was put up late last week.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Don't know if anyone saw this, but a nice article about the two Merrimack Valley rivals that was put up late last week.
                  Thanks for the post, these two teams have some great history. I hope we can get it reignited. I know I'll be making the trek to Tsongas with some blue and gold facepaint...hopefully I don't get dumped into the rivah haha

@SalvucciM

Comment

Definitely, I'm very excited for that tournament. It will be my first time in Maddison
                    The ice already is not safe again. Go down by the zamboni door and look at it. An accident waiting to happen. I love MC hockey and will root for them but the improvements this summer were not as billed. It looks exactly the same and the team deserves better. MC has to many clowns on the board of direectors with no clue. Clean sweep and bruing in some inovators with brains.

Comment

Here are the shots from Friday. I have no problem with people using them in publications etc, just please give photo credit to Michael Salvucci/Merrimack College Beacon.

Thanks and enjoy!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salvo10...7622598905781/
                      Salvo, is it okay if use some of your pictures for my blog? We have a lot of stuff on Merrimack hockey (were all MC grads) and we are posting an interview with Dennhy within the next few days. Some quality pics would be great to use. We will give you credit.

We may have also friended you on facebook today, but im not 100% sure
                      Merrimack College Warriors
                      Boston Bruins Hockey
                      Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
                      Old-time hockey, bar the door
                      Clear the track it's all-out war
                      Light the lamp, throw a hit
                      Black and gold never quit
                      The barn is full, our team's in town
                      So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
                      Drop the puck, it's time to go"
                      -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
                      Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
                        Salvo, is it okay if use some of your pictures for my blog? We have a lot of stuff on Merrimack hockey (were all MC grads) and we are posting an interview with Dennhy within the next few days. Some quality pics would be great to use. We will give you credit.

We may have also friended you on facebook today, but im not 100% sure

Absolutely, that's fine by me! What's your blog again? I think you may have.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          The ice already is not safe again. Go down by the zamboni door and look at it. An accident waiting to happen. I love MC hockey and will root for them but the improvements this summer were not as billed. It looks exactly the same and the team deserves better. MC has to many clowns on the board of direectors with no clue. Clean sweep and bruing in some inovators with brains.
                          i have been there a couple times and the ice is fine. it is 100 % better and more safe from last year, no more cement showing or hills and valleys. no one will get hurt by doors, puck may bounce yes, but no one will get hurt. actually looking closely at it it DOES look improved. so why don't just shut up about it things are fine and just root on the team. stop trying to find negatives, its the kind of attitude the team and program doesn't need anymore

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey fan View Post
                            i have been there a couple times and the ice is fine. it is 100 % better and more safe from last year, no more cement showing or hills and valleys. no one will get hurt by doors, puck may bounce yes, but no one will get hurt. actually looking closely at it it DOES look improved. so why don't just shut up about it things are fine and just root on the team. stop trying to find negatives, its the kind of attitude the team and program doesn't need anymore
                            I agree, however I would have responded without using the term shut-up..it carries negativity its self.

The ice is a lot better than last year, I have skated on it. Sure it may not be as nice as Agganis's or Conte's but can you really expect that? It is certainly safe and honestly having it be a little bouncier than other rinks plays to the home team's advantage.

The program has gotten fresh blood with Glenn, and we are already seeing the improvements come.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey fan View Post
                              BS

The ice by the zamboni door is not safe and it is in fact not much better then the past. To say it is 100% better is a lie spoken by someone who has not looked at it. Drive over today, walk down, look at it and then you shut your mouth because your wrong

The attitude that the team needs is people demanding that the administration step up and build them a hockey east rink. so far below any other rink it is laughable.

The board of directors at MC is a joke and has no clue what they are doing.

Comment

New rinks are nice but most have little to no character and aren't really a difficult place for opponents to play in. Volpe has potential at least. Who wants fans right on top of them in such close quarters? It will be interesting to see how the renovations turn out. It is amusing to hear some fans complaining about how horrible the ice or Volpe is and what an advantage it is to Merrimack. When their team won, it didn't seem to matter at all.

Season is still early but I'd guess Merrimack will win a lot more than the nine games they did last year. I'd be surprised if DaCosta leaves after this year. He's good, very good, but he doesn't have the JVR/Stalberg/Wilson body the pros love. I'd guess minimum two years and hopefully three for thier team's sake. Yah, Bigos looks like he going to end somebody's season at some point this year. Quick hands for a big fella too.

Comment

Working...
                                X