Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Glad to see The Mack doing well, good for them, great for HE.......looking forward to a that weird tuesday night game at The Heights.........

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Cannata 3-0-1 in last 4, 1.5 GA and save pct of over 940

Tending had been tough all year, 4 straight Hockey East games, 7/8 pts. With good tending, team can make a run for 4th.

Cannata is the horse to pull the wagon
      AMEN! I'll save you the trouble of replying to your own post! 4-0-1, 40+ saves tonite.

Nice win for the Warriors. Terrific snipe by DaCosta for the nail in the coffin.
      I like their chances to move up in the standings. They now have the tiebreakers over Vermont and UMass. 2 games in hand vs. the Minutemen, who have a tough remaining schedule (@ BC, 2@ Maine to close out the season). 'Mack with @BC, 2 home with Maine, and home and away with the Friars. 3 home games where they have been very very tough.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

2 weeks ago we were 0-12 on the road going to UVM to play 2 and on the outside looking in and now we are staring a chance at home ice in the quarterfinals in the face. the team is playing incredible, canatta has been dominant and Da Costa is just filthy. lets see if we can steal one from BC tuesday.
        MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

Cannata 3-0-1 in last 4, 1.5 GA and save pct of over 940

Tending had been tough all year, 4 straight Hockey East games, 7/8 pts. With good tending, team can make a run for 4th.

Cannata is the horse to pull the wagon
          He's definitely taken over the starter's job with his play, no question. If it keeps up it bodes well for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
            He's definitely taken over the starter's job with his play, no question. If it keeps up it bodes well for next season.
            There was never a question about it. Zero chance Coach Dennehy didnt look at him as number one, just had some kinks to work out, which he did.
            The thought of trying to bring in a goalie next year to take his spot never crossed his mind. I know that sounds over the top but it is reality.
            Last edited by Hokydad; 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
              Hopefully Canatta gets the nod Tuesday.
              Braithwaite owns BC.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

There was neevr a question about it. Zero chance Coach Denehy didnt look at him as number one, just had siome kinks to work out, which he did.
                The thought of trying to bring in a golaie next year to take his spot neevr crossed his mind. I know that sounds over the top but it is reality.
                Hokydad, Merrimack is recruiting a scholarship goaltender for next year to replace Brathwaite. He will probably play in at least a few games. Drew is a walk-on, solely there to open the door at home games.

I respect your opinions and you are fairly knowledgeable, but sometimes your wild and abrasive comments go over the top. Obviously, Cannata is a good goalie and will be the starter as long as he is at Merrimack, but I'll guarantee you he never starts more than 30 regular season games.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                  Hokydad, Merrimack is recruiting a scholarship goaltender for next year to replace Brathwaite. He will probably play in at least a few games. Drew is a walk-on, solely there to open the door at home games.

I respect your opinions and you are fairly knowledgeable, but sometimes your wild and abrasive comments go over the top. Obviously, Cannata is a good goalie and will be the starter as long as he is at Merrimack, but I'll guarantee you he never starts more than 30 regular season games.
                  That I agree with.... My only point was very simple. Dennehy knows exactly what Cannta is, he is a difference maker. Has a long history of off the chart games where he can win games by himself. going back to prep school, at BCH, at the natl team etc. Even in his first start eevr at Merrimack he had 40 plus saves in a 1-0 as a true 18 year old feshmen. Dennehy knows that he is the horse he wants, still loves the fact that Merrimack ws smart enough to get in early and grab him

He is their goalie and will be as long as he stays. I do agree the post sounds a little arrogant but it is not ambiguous and neither is dennehy in his plans with MC hockey.

Braithwaite owns BC.(/Quote)

1 win in 4 years by one goal, zero other wins in 4 years vs them. Outright ownership there.

Comment

nice weekend.

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    They now have the tiebreakers over Vermont and UMass. 2 games in hand vs. the Minutemen, who have a tough remaining schedule (@ BC, 2@ Maine to close out the season). 'Mack with @BC, 2 home with Maine, and home and away with the Friars. 3 home games where they have been very very tough.
                    the big game is tuesday. your guys win that, i predict they run out the season and get home ice (if they win out, they are guaranteed home for the qf).
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

obviously tonight is a huge game for the warriors. I'm very interested to see how it shakes out. Anyone know if this game will be on NESN or anything like that?
                      "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post

Irishfan - any news on who Merrimack is looking at to bring in as a goalie next year?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Braithwaite owns BC.
                          As much as it pains me to agree with hokydope...

I can't find anything to suggest that. 1-1-0 (3 no decisions) over his career. And unless my math is wrong, 4.18 GAA and .872 save %.

That's not pretty.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

speaking of not pretty....7-0 is not a fun night. All you can do is take this one on the chin and move on. It's bound to happen from time to time with a program that's just starting to make it's move up in the ranks of HE. Just put it out of your mind and get ready for the weekend. Hopefully dacosta returns and the goaltenders can forget this ever happened
                            "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Nostradamus!
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Poor Hokydope. His boy Cannata got lit up and chased after 20 minutes.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X