Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota @ Wisconsin.. the greatest rivalry in college hockey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin.. the greatest rivalry in college hockey.

But only one is sporting real hair.
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post

Does LaPanta wear a rug too? He either has a horrible haircut or a horrible toupe, I can't tell which.
      He's actually brought it up on air before, and he says it's his real hair.

His "superawesome tv announcer" voice is something I think is fake. That can't be the way he really announces/talks.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I hope you like crow. The multitude of pucks MN will put in will be the appetizer.
        Just keep talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
          Just keep talking.
          I think you should know by now, my Arrogance knows no bounds.

Well, that and the KoolAid I've been drinking is really potent.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I think you should know by now, my Arrogance knows no bounds.

Well, that and the KoolAid I've been drinking is really potent.
            How much vodka did you put in it? 50/50?
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

If Kangas plays like he did against UAA, the Gophs are in this game 2-2 or so. I know, I know, Wisky isn't UAA, but Kangas made those exact same saves last weekend. As to those calling Kangas a sieve before this game, I guess I don't have much to defend with besides agree with you for the time being. He certainly didn't look as amazing tonight. If Patterson doesn't get the start tomorrow night, I'll be surprised.

Get the split Gophs.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                50/50? That's nothing for some of us, especially when the Gophs lose.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                  50/50? That's nothing for some of us, especially when the Gophs lose.
                  No water of life. Nectar of the gods: whiskey. And not even close to 50/50. I like 'em burned, but not Wisconsin-like.

Comment

During Bennett's days as a BU Terrier, he was known to almost flop down on the ice routinely, and was given nicknames by BU fans such as "Sir Flopsalot." My question for Badger fans is how does he look thus far? Are you guys happy with his play thus far, and also is he still "flopping'?
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

No water of life. Nectar of the gods: whiskey. And not even close to 50/50. I like 'em burned, but not Wisconsin-like.
                      No open flames around here with all the paint thinner. We'll send you a can if the Badgers sweep.
                      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                        During Bennett's days as a BU Terrier, he was known to almost flop down on the ice routinely, and was given nicknames by BU fans such as "Sir Flopsalot." My question for Badger fans is how does he look thus far? Are you guys happy with his play thus far, and also is he still "flopping'?
                        He's looked fine and I haven't noticed any excessive flopping. He has given up a few juicy rebounds including a couple tonight, but overall he looks okay.

The problem is that neither of our goalies has had to stand on their head yet this year as we generally seem to outshoot our opponents. Tonight for instance, the Gophers had less than 20 shots(if I remember correctly). They attempted a whole lot more but our defense for the ages( ) blocked almost 30 shots.

We'll see what we've got in him when someone gets 35+ shots on him. we'll see if he can steal a game for us.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                          No open flames around here with all the paint thinner. We'll send you a can if the Badgers sweep.
                          Different meaning for "burned." I like my whiskey/Cokes or 7&7's with a little bite to 'em. Many (actually probably most) bars don't "burn" them. The DT in Houghton does. So did (and maybe they still do) First Ave in Mpls, and of course, your local dive bars. The best bars burn 'em and then pour a "floater."*

*Floater: mix drink, pour a little more whiskey on top without mixing drink.

Edit: Gurt: I bet we attempted 30+ shots. The blocked shots are a strength of the traditional Badger team.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Minnesota will have to be a desperate team tomorrow, but somehow I doubt they will be.
                            To be honest, the Badgers will also need a better effort tomorrow. We were not very crisp tonight and made a number of ill advised passes and flubbed on a few also. Just looked out of synch and at times, more than a little tired.

The first two periods were somewhat back in forth with each team dominating in the offensive zone at times. In the third, we employed the Eaves Duck and Cover shell strategy and Minnesota had it in our end for most of that.

Man I hate it when we go into the shell.
                            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-07-2009, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Just looked out of sink and at times, more than a little tired.
                              Sink? Like in the kitchen or bathroom?
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Different meaning for "burned." I like my whiskey/Cokes or 7&7's with a little bite to 'em. Many (actually probably most) bars don't "burn" them. The DT in Houghton does. So did (and maybe they still do) First Ave in Mpls, and of course, your local dive bars. The best bars burn 'em and then pour a "floater."*

*Floater: mix drink, pour a little more whiskey on top without mixing drink.

Edit: Gurt: I bet we attempted 30+ shots. The blocked shots are a strength of the traditional Badger team.
                                Because its just about best bar ever.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X