Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota @ Wisconsin.. the greatest rivalry in college hockey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin.. the greatest rivalry in college hockey.

Originally posted by blockski View Post
    What makes you so sure?
    I agree. I do not think there are many who would like to see someone get injured from a cheap hit, from any team.

I think the majority of true hockey fans (myself included) are happy to see strict punishment for those who go through with stupid, dangerous hits.
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

What makes you so sure?
      Other than the fact that you addressed my rejoiner rather than the post from your fan base?
      "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Hi.
        I blame BC.
        Me too.

blocksi, and most Badger fans for that matter are good people. I wouldn't place them in VW's column.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What makes you so sure?
          I'll back that up citing my past experiences with badger fans, both home and away. But I will make the caveot that fans at football games have been WAY worse then hockey, to me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
            Other than the fact that you addressed my rejoiner rather than the post from your fan base?
            So, my silence is assumed to be an endorsement?

Your post addressed the Badger fanbase, not just the poster in question. Hence, you brought me into it.
            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

So, my silence is assumed to be an endorsement?

Your post addressed the Badger fanbase, not just the poster in question. Hence, you brought me into it.
              More accurately, I addressed an unspecified number of the Badger fan base.

Certainly not the whole or even the majority, I would hope.

I only brought you into if you share his opinion.
              "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Me too.

blocksi, and most Badger fans for that matter are good people. I wouldn't place them in VW's column.
                And as a UW grad, few know this better than me.

Charles Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Maybe past encounters with BADger fans? Maybe witnessing the classy welcome many Packer Backers gave to Brett the other day? Just guessing here.
                  He is a Viking, I don't care what kind of legacy he had with GB. He now wears purple. We hate purple. (I personally was not at the game) When he retires, un-retires, retires, un-retires and finally retires, he can come back to a warm welcome from GB fans.
                  If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                    It sounds like Craig Smith will be back in the lineup. It's too bad he didn't take his cheap shot against Minny instead of wasting it on Mankato. He could have at least ended Jordan Schroeder's career.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                    wow, you don't get to see such a blatant showing of poor sportsmanship like this every day.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
                      More accurately, I addressed an unspecified number of the Badger fan base.

Certainly not the whole or even the majority, I would hope.

I only brought you into if you share his opinion.
                      Thank you for using such precise and unassuming language.
                      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by Fired View Post
                        Fair enough, but by that same token, Wisconsin has also shot themselves in the foot, allowing one or two completely broken plays that CC was able to capitalize on, or taking two 5-minute majors in the third against MSUM, to lose their games. The only difference is that we were still actually IN those games until the final buzzer.

If the Badgers can put together solid periods of play without any major mistakes, as was the case last weekend, does that mean the Gophers are just going to quit like they did against UND (Friday) and DU, and let us walk away with 4 points ? .. Because that would be alright with me.
                        The gopher teams of the last couple years just have not had much heart, they have not been willing to do the little things, they try to win on talent alone and when they get down, they go to the basement, we have seen it happen the last 2 years and i don't think any gopher fan will disagree with that. So it comes down to leadership, its a big weekend for Minnesota, if they can get out of madison with any points I think they can turn it around, they get swept and out played all weekend and they are in trouble.

they are facing a very deep team that rolls 4 lines, much like UND and DU so we will see if they will be able to keep up, i suspect they will early in games and if they can get a lead early take the crowd out of it (which is not hard by the looks of the way the crowds have been so far at the KC) they can get points out of the weekend. Baring any major mistakes by Wisconsin I think the deeper and more confident team will privail this weekend. UW has 13 different players that have scored goals this season and the offense is evenly spread between offense and Defense, that is very difficult to defend, Minnesota's top guys will have to finish the chances they get, the odds are not in there favor but I wouldn't be surprised to see Minn come out with a point or 2. Minnesota is going to see a more confident and deeper and more healthy team then they have seen in recent years in Madison so they better keep there heads up and play hard. Should be a good weekend of hockey!!!
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                          they are facing a very deep team that rolls 4 lines, much like UND and DU
                          I find this comment funny because when DU swept Minnesota out of its own building a couple of weeks ago they did it by rolling 3 lines and by stopping their goaltender rotation.

Minnesota on the other hand continues to roll 4 lines, and has a philosophy of doing so.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The gopher teams of the last couple years just have not had much heart, they have not been willing to do the little things, they try to win on talent alone and when they get down, they go to the basement, we have seen it happen the last 2 years and i don't think any gopher fan will disagree with that. So it comes down to leadership, its a big weekend for Minnesota, if they can get out of madison with any points I think they can turn it around, they get swept and out played all weekend and they are in trouble.

they are facing a very deep team that rolls 4 lines, much like UND and DU so we will see if they will be able to keep up, i suspect they will early in games and if they can get a lead early take the crowd out of it (which is not hard by the looks of the way the crowds have been so far at the KC) they can get points out of the weekend. Baring any major mistakes by Wisconsin I think the deeper and more confident team will privail this weekend. UW has 13 different players that have scored goals this season and the offense is evenly spread between offense and Defense, that is very difficult to defend, Minnesota's top guys will have to finish the chances they get, the odds are not in there favor but I wouldn't be surprised to see Minn come out with a point or 2. Minnesota is going to see a more confident and deeper and more healthy team then they have seen in recent years in Madison so they better keep there heads up and play hard. Should be a good weekend of hockey!!!
                            What do they teach in WI that makes people fear the period? Triple or quadruple the number of periods you use (in a lot of the places where you use commas) and things will look a little better, at least grammatically.

As for your analysis, that might take a little more work than the grammar. Just a few examples: the top guys on MN need to score but all of WI can score?, WI is a 4 line offensive juggernaut?, As long as WI doesn't make any mistakes, the "deeper and more confident team will win"???? Didn't you forget to mention the super-Stalock-like goaltending?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              What do they teach in WI that makes people fear the period? Triple or quadruple the number of periods you use (in a lot of the places where you use commas) and things will look a little better, at least grammatically.

As for your analysis, that might take a little more work than the grammar. Just a few examples: the top guys on MN need to score but all of WI can score?, WI is a 4 line offensive juggernaut?, As long as WI doesn't make any mistakes, the "deeper and more confident team will win"???? Didn't you forget to mention the super-Stalock-like goaltending?
                              I meant he leaves his crease like Stalock, not is as good as stalock, although i never thought stalock was that great anyway. I never used the word Juggernot, i said UW is balanced, I know better then to call a mike Eaves coached team an offensive juggernot, we don't have Earl and Pavelski anymore. I just was stating we are a high scoring team with the scoring being spread out through the roster... which is an accurate statement...
                              The Quest For 7

Comment

I meant he leaves his crease like Stalock, not is as good as stalock, although i never thought stalock was that great anyway. I never used the word Juggernot, i said UW is balanced, I know better then to call a mike Eaves coached team an offensive juggernot, we don't have Earl and Pavelski anymore. I just was stating we are a high scoring team with the scoring being spread out through the roster... which is an accurate statement...
                                What's a juggernot?

Comment

Working...
                                X