Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ UVM 11/6

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Any word on officials? Neither game notes have them.
    Gravallese and Millea.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Mmm beer
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

1-1 after 1
        Go Saints!

Comment

Well, no bragging rights after a tie. Sounded like UVM had the slightly better play but that was UVM radio announcers.....so lets go to the shot totals and call it a victory for UVM

Comment

if we go to a shots total uvm got the best of lowell in an overwhelming fashion. Too bad madore didnt seem to play well early on....cost us a game we should have won

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
              if we go to a shots total uvm got the best of lowell in an overwhelming fashion. Too bad madore didnt seem to play well early on....cost us a game we should have won
              Can't be too greedy. Yeah, we probably should have won, but based on our recent results, I'll take the tie.

For not having played, Milo was awesome. You almost forget what he can do for you when he's not around. Leonard was also very impressive. I think he showed some energy that's been sorely lacking.

Comment

Good bounce back game for UVM, even though it was not a win. Coming back from 3-1 down and playing like they did in the 2nd half of the game should boost their confidence. UVM controlled play from the midpoint on. Lowell has an awesome power play, they really moved the puck well and were lethal. One big reason UVM was able to get back in the game was they finally stopped taking penalties.

Good game all around from UVM. UML was not on top of their game but you can tell they are a talented team and should be a NCAA team this year.

Comment

Sounds like this one went down the same as the BC-UNH game did.

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post
                    One big reason UVM was able to get back in the game was they finally stopped taking penalties.
                    The other big reason was Lowell started taking penalties. Lowell was up 3-1 and on the PP. If Lowell makes it 4-1 I'm not sure UVM comes back. Instead they took two penalties in a row resulting in a 4 on 3 PP goal by UVM. That goal seem to get UVM going and they really stepped it up the rest of the way. UVM did a nice job pressuring the Lowell defensemen tonight.

Not the greatest game by Lowell tonight, but it's a point. They need to play smarter and stay out of the box. They took a real bad penalty with a few minutes to go in the third tonight.
                    Last edited by boblav1; 11-06-2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Re: Lowell @ UVM 11/6

I cant believe that the ref gave that goal to Lowell, it was a terrible call........the puck clearly went off Miller and Vermont should have got credit for a goal not Lowell.

I thought it was a great first period for both teams, the second period was first half UML and Vermont started to come on late in the third, the third Vermont threw everything at Nevin Hamilton and he did a great job in only giving up one goal and should get alot of credit for the point.
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

sorry dudes lowell remains unbeatable at the gutt where vermont is supposed to be great or something. i dunno

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                          To say that was a game Vermont "should" have won just highlights your utter stupidity.

It would be much more accurate to say "wow Lowell, next time don't take two penalties on the PP and give hope to a team whose throat you're standing on."

Sure, give Vermont credit for battling back. Saying they should have won, on the other hand, is laughable.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            To say that was a game Vermont "should" have won just highlights your utter stupidity.

It would be much more accurate to say "wow Lowell, next time don't take two penalties on the PP and give hope to a team whose throat you're standing on."

Sure, give Vermont credit for battling back. Saying they should have won, on the other hand, is laughable.
                            I was unable to attend the game but looking at the boxscore it would appear that your two penalies may have been a turning point in the game but thats really it. Getting outshot 14-4 in the third?? That may have had a little something to do with it.

As for Madore giving up early goals costing UVM, not really either. THat's the end result of Miller and Cullity our two captain d-men taking a parade through the penatly box along with Lenoard.

Miller and Cullity need to stop going to the penalty and Sneddon needs to pull some "c's" if that's what it takes.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

For those who care to watch, here are the UVM highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp68BwJpWVE
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                The other big reason was Lowell started taking penalties. Lowell was up 3-1 and on the PP. If Lowell makes it 4-1 I'm not sure UVM comes back. Instead they took two penalties in a row resulting in a 4 on 3 PP goal by UVM. That goal seem to get UVM going and they really stepped it up the rest of the way. UVM did a nice job pressuring the Lowell defensemen tonight.

Not the greatest game by Lowell tonight, but it's a point. They need to play smarter and stay out of the box. They took a real bad penalty with a few minutes to go in the third tonight.
                                seriously... not watching the game and all I'd have to think these guys can play much more disciplined than they have been. Don't give them opportunities to come back into the game.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X