Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ UVM 11/6

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
    Milo remains "out indefinitely" according to the radio show last Friday - this is a month after he was supposed to be out 3 to 4 weeks - so it appears all is not right with that ankle. He is the top returning point man for the Cats I think so it hurts not having him available.

Any Cat fans talking smack before this game ought to be smacked. Sneddon had a week to knock some intensity into the players after the embarassment at Merrimack and they responded with their worst period of hockey this year to open the game at Maine.

I would have expected this game to be very good if UVM were playing well, but that is not the case by a long shot. Sneddon has promised major lineup changes so I think some of the top UVM players will be sitting in the stands for this one and I think UML should have a relatively easy time of it.

I hope I'm wrong of course.
    I saw the UVM team that played Denver. The scariest thing is not knowing which team will show up. Anyone can beat anyone in Hockey East this season, and Vermont is not a bottom of the league team playing above it's head.

If Lowell comes out and plays it's style of hockey then I think they can make some good things happen. If they don't, well they'll be in a for a very long trip to a very hostile venue.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      I saw the UVM team that played Denver. The scariest thing is not knowing which team will show up. Anyone can beat anyone in Hockey East this season, and Vermont is not a bottom of the league team playing above it's head.

If Lowell comes out and plays it's style of hockey then I think they can make some good things happen. If they don't, well they'll be in a for a very long trip to a very hostile venue.
      Going to need some confidence out of you. You and your bad feelings.

Comment

So has Hamilton earned another start? My gut feeling is that Carter is the better goalie at the moment but that was seriously shaken last Friday.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          So has Hamilton earned another start? My gut feeling is that Carter is the better goalie at the moment but that was seriously shaken last Friday.
          It was a disappointing game by Hutton, but personally, I feel better when he's in net than Hamilton. Don't get me wrong, he had himself a good game on Saturday in a really needed win, but there were some rebounds to be had. I just feel that Hutton is better moving from post to post, and I think he gives up less rebounds. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team plays this weekend, now that they got the BU thing off their back.

For Sunday, I'm not looking at any text messages sent to me at the Pats post-game tailgate. Go home, unload the car, and put the UML game on from ESPNU on DVR.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            It was a disappointing game by Hutton, but personally, I feel better when he's in net than Hamilton. Don't get me wrong, he had himself a good game on Saturday in a really needed win, but there were some rebounds to be had. I just feel that Hutton is better moving from post to post, and I think he gives up less rebounds. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team plays this weekend, now that they got the BU thing off their back.

For Sunday, I'm not looking at any text messages sent to me at the Pats post-game tailgate. Go home, unload the car, and put the UML game on from ESPNU on DVR.
            I feel the same about Hutton & Hamilton. Nevin has a knack of giving up juicy rebounds.

I'm doing the same thing on Sunday
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Its looks like both parties here were a little premature with jams earlier this year that now look fairly off base.

First UML fans making light of Vermont's path thru Yale last year in the Cats road to the final four, Yale now ranked #6 over UML #8.

And then some of Vermont's fans ragging on UML after the UNO loss, UNO is now #10 compared to UVM's #15.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                First UML fans making light of Vermont's path thru Yale last year in the Cats road to the final four, Yale now ranked #6 over UML #8.
                you're right yale is looking like a mighty opponent at 1-0-0

fun fact: vermont, which has been fall-down terrible, was a third-period meltdown away from starting 1-0-0
                Last edited by UMLGoon; 11-03-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                  you're right yale is looking like a mighty opponent at 1-0-0

fun fact: vermont, which has been fall-down terrible, was a third-period meltdown away from starting 1-0-0
                  Yale did beat #19 Princeton handing them their 1st loss of the season. Princeton is 1-1-0.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                    Its looks like both parties here were a little premature with jams earlier this year that now look fairly off base.

And then some of Vermont's fans ragging on UML after the UNO loss, UNO is now #10 compared to UVM's #15.
                    What's your point? Yale has a different team this year then last year and hasn't played enough game to determine their legit ranking. UNO's ranking has absolutely ZERO to do with Vermont's ranking. You can not draw a conclusion from two unrelated points. It makes as much sense as saying VT beat #3 DU, and UML is #8 so UVM wins Friday. Its just absurd.

Moreover, No one said UML was going to suck, so I don't think anyone is off base there.

I appreciate trying to start some discussion on this board, but really. You should have just said UML has a crappy offense, horrible defense and a drug addict in net. Would have accomplished the same thing.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      What's your point? Yale has a different team this year then last year and hasn't played enough game to determine their legit ranking. UNO's ranking has absolutely ZERO to do with Vermont's ranking. You can not draw a conclusion from two unrelated points. It makes as much sense as saying VT beat #3 DU, and UML is #8 so UVM wins Friday. Its just absurd.

Moreover, No one said UML was going to suck, so I don't think anyone is off base there.

I appreciate trying to start some discussion on this board, but really. You should have just said UML has a crappy offense, horrible defense and a drug addict in net. Would have accomplished the same thing.
                      Heh.

Comment

Holy crap, a post I agree with.

Anymore from the UVM side as to whether Spillane gets the start this Friday?
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

When even jcarter is calling you out for myopic reasoning, you should be banned from interacting with all members of society.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Holy crap, a post I agree with.

Anymore from the UVM side as to whether Spillane gets the start this Friday?

Not that I have heard, but I really can't see how he doesn't. Madore, and granted the d hasn't been spectacular. Certainly you can't pin it all on Madore, but sometimes that doesn't matter. With the MC and ME games, I have got to bet that Sneddon will put Spillane in net.

Disclaimer : If he was sick last week he still maybe and his health will likely be the determining factor.

That being said, I am not a big fan of Spillane's, no goalie should be out at the freaking blue line trying to play the puck. Sneddon should put a leash tied to the goal post on his ankle. But, a goaltending change for whatever reason can spark the team to change the way they are playing. Spillane's a great first stop goalie, and possible the D will feel like they need to play solid defensively and clear pucks and protect rebounds.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Not that I have heard, but I really can't see how he doesn't. Madore, and granted the d hasn't been spectacular. Certainly you can't pin it all on Madore, but sometimes that doesn't matter. With the MC and ME games, I have got to bet that Sneddon will put Spillane in net.

Disclaimer : If he was sick last week he still maybe and his health will likely be the determining factor.

That being said, I am not a big fan of Spillane's, no goalie should be out at the freaking blue line trying to play the puck. Sneddon should put a leash tied to the goal post on his ankle. But, a goaltending change for whatever reason can spark the team to change the way they are playing. Spillane's a great first stop goalie, and possible the D will feel like they need to play solid defensively and clear pucks and protect rebounds.
                              My favorite goalie of all time Dwayne Roloson when he played for us. I used to joke he thought he was a defenseman. He was everywhere but he could handle the puck. My favorite move was when they were on the p-kill and the opposing team would dump the puck in the zone. He would collect it- usually way over in the corner- and flip it to Michael Murray who was dangling out at the opposing blue line by himself-- would've been on TV highlights but we were never on TV

Comment

Boy I hate to admit it but the UML guys are right...you are nuts.

You take a simle post saying that maybe both teams fans undervalued the others past opponets and proceed to make way to much out of it.

Way to alienate fans from both sides.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X