Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ UVM 11/6

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
    vermont has had three TV games. they ain't looked so hot.

btw it was nice to be right about that vaunted vermont defense*.
    15 goals in your last 5 games aint actually a brick wall you know, with 3 of those games at home where is your vaunted defense?
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      15 goals in your last 5 games aint actually a brick wall you know, with 3 of those games at home where is your vaunted defense?
      That's 15 goals allowed in 6 games, and it's 3rd in Hockey East (18th in the country). Vermont however, with 19 goals allowed in 5 games is 8th in Hockey East (9th worst in the country).
      Last edited by ScottK; 11-02-2009, 05:22 AM.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        That's 15 goals allowed in 6 games, and it's 3rd in Hockey East (18th in the country). Vermont however, with 19 goals allowed in 5 games is 8th in Hockey East (9th worst in the country).
        Facts... who needs them

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          vermont has had three TV games. they ain't looked so hot.

btw it was nice to be right about that vaunted vermont defense*.
          In three TV games lets see they lost to #1 DU 5-4, Beat #1 DU 6-4 then beat #12 BC 4-1. Can't see how they looked all that bad????

Lets face UVM has played very poorly the last two weeks against MC and ME, but they played well at DU and they played some good hockey against BC at home. If you are basing "how good" UVM is on the TV games and don't think they looked good then I can't see a team in the country that would be playing to your standards.

I am interested to see what happens this weekend. The cats have been playing poorly and I fully expect Sneddon to give them a wake up call. If that Cats respond it will be a great game, if they don't I expect the UML will have little trouble beating them, and the gloating can begin, deservedly so.

I have to imagine Spillane will be in net this weekend, which is a little nerve racking. It would be his first game of the year, but Sneddon was definitely not happy and when he speaks of a "yard sale" of changes I got to imagine that Madore will be one of them.

Not sure what was up with the defense, but Medvec, Miller, and Cullity each with 2 penalties is unexcusable, The top 3 d-men can not be taking penalty after penalty.

Anyways, UVM wakes up it will be a great game, if not well it will certainly make the trip from Lowell to BTV worthwhile for UML fans.

It is nice to see Irwin with another point. Looks like at least early he has stepped up his game like he needed to. And already nearing last years point total.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            I am interested to see what happens this weekend. The cats have been playing poorly and I fully expect Sneddon to give them a wake up call. If that Cats respond it will be a great game, if they don't I expect the UML will have little trouble beating them, and the gloating can begin, deservedly so.
            I'm sure Sneddon will get their attention. What's the status of Milo for Friday's game?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              I'm sure Sneddon will get their attention. What's the status of Milo for Friday's game?
              Milo is not schedule to return as far as I know.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

When the expectations ratchet up (like they have for Lowell) every game becomes tough. I think UVM almost desperately needs a win, and that scares me.

I was impressed with their play in Denver, but the last two games have been ... well, shocking. Which UVM team comes to play Friday?

Hoping for a Lowell win, but it'll be interesting.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Milo is not schedule to return as far as I know.
                  Sorry, missed it... what happened to Milo?
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Sorry, missed it... what happened to Milo?
                    Took a pitch to the ankle or lower leg during his last game with the Staten Island Yankees during the baseball playoffs in early September. Returned to school and had to have it immobilized. Hopefully he returns soon after he is able to start skating again.
                    Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                      Took a pitch to the ankle or lower leg during his last game with the Staten Island Yankees during the baseball playoffs in early September. Returned to school and had to have it immobilized. Hopefully he returns soon after he is able to start skating again.
                      Believe it or not I think that was against the Lowell Spinners.

It should be an interesting and tough weekend for Lowell, as they play two teams that have struggled recently.

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                        Yikes.
                        Monty

Comment

Milo remains "out indefinitely" according to the radio show last Friday - this is a month after he was supposed to be out 3 to 4 weeks - so it appears all is not right with that ankle. He is the top returning point man for the Cats I think so it hurts not having him available.

Any Cat fans talking smack before this game ought to be smacked. Sneddon had a week to knock some intensity into the players after the embarassment at Merrimack and they responded with their worst period of hockey this year to open the game at Maine.

I would have expected this game to be very good if UVM were playing well, but that is not the case by a long shot. Sneddon has promised major lineup changes so I think some of the top UVM players will be sitting in the stands for this one and I think UML should have a relatively easy time of it.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                            I would have expected this game to be very good if UVM were playing well, but that is not the case by a long shot. Sneddon has promised major lineup changes so I think some of the top UVM players will be sitting in the stands for this one and I think UML should have a relatively easy time of it.
                            Lowell never ever ever ever makes anything easy.
                            Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                            I hope I'm wrong of course.
                            I hope you're not wrong.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Believe it or not I think that was against the Lowell Spinners.

It should be an interesting and tough weekend for Lowell, as they play two teams that have struggled recently.
                              I was at that game and swear I saw Blaise MacDonald in the dugout.....Somebody ring up Oliver Stone!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                                I was at that game and swear I saw Blaise MacDonald in the dugout.....Somebody ring up Oliver Stone!!!!
                                Dammit, we were hoping he's be mistaken for the bat boy
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                                X