This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

*****http://grossmisconducthockey.com/wp-content/uploads/ibelieveinsethappert.jpg******

Copyright: GreatLakerMohawk
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Finally, Ralph FTW.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Amen to the thread title!

Wonder if they actually check this board.....

Comment

Went to the game last night with the family (my 12 year old "needed" a pic with puckman, which we unfortunately didnt get.

As well, I thought that they played horribly in the 3rd. I will say thought that I thought they played exceptionally well in the first period and thought they looked on fire. We seemed to dominate the game and it was completely clear that we were way more skilled than the Army team. As Ralph noted on the just closed thread, I hate playing Army. They are physical and there is no quit in those kids. Its not conditioning. Its attitude. That always makes them dangerous.

We should have had a number of goals in the first. We seemed to get a ton of opportunities and just didnt finish. I thought that the game was very exciting and fast in the 1st and for most of the 2nd. Both teams were throwing the body. I hate to lose, but we competed like I havent seen in a long long time. Lets not forget just how young this team is. They have the ability to be dynamic and exciting, and I still think that the best is to come. I thought that D'Amigo was a stud last night and had a big game. I was concerned after all of the fancy dancing versus Sacred Heart last week, but this was a hard fast game. We need to keep shooting and goals will come. This is a much better team than the 1 and 2 a game that we seem to be getting right now. We start putting up 3's, 4's or 5's, which was very realistic in the games versus SH, AIC and Army, and there will be a whole different discussion on this thread.

Some other thoughts - Merriman looked very good and comfortable for most of the game, but the first goal was terrible. We were at the other side of the rink and all we could see was the puck just sitting next to the net and everyone just stood and watched Army put it in. As for the second goal, again from the other end of the rink, it looked soft and like Merriman made a mistake in playing it and wasnt aggressive enough and Army capitalized. I have read for years about the refs (Koytra and Murphy), and my god, what a couple of unbelievable calls. I cant believe the leage hasnt done something about these guys...we get better reffing at the pee wee level (which isnt saying much). That being said, the refs didnt decide - if we put 4 or 5 in, we would just say they sucked but walked with a convincing win.

Good things will come from this team. I am keeping a positive outlook and believe in them...and Appert !!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Coach Montgomery made a comment to me about three years ago that indicated that he knew who I was from my posts here. I suspect that the team is not supposed to read this stuff.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Coach Montgomery made a comment to me about three years ago that indicated that he knew who I was from my posts here. I suspect that the team is not supposed to read this stuff.
            human nature dictates otherwise-we are hard to ignore
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Our section figured out what the deal with last night's game was - the team came dressed as last year's team for Halloween.
              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                Our section figured out what the deal with last night's game was - the team came dressed as last year's team for Halloween.
                Clever. I tip my hat to you and your section.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                  And you the fan are dressed with the same attitude of years late.

Comment

I see promise in this team. I can't wait til the Spring so I can see them in person again. Black Friday should be a great test. Yale has done well in their two tests, so far, but RPI has come out pumped up for the start of the ECAC season.

On another note: have any of you heard of a "halftime" cheer? I know we count down for the end of a penalty, but I don't remember announcing halftime during any of the games. RIT claims that we've done this before here. Anyone?
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Ralph and all: Apologies if this was mentioned already, but I got this email blast from Kevin Beattie about the media guides. I didn't make the Army game, so I haven't gotten my hands on the guide yet. I'm happy to mail a copy to you RB, if the 'tute isn't doing that for you:

" All – Thank you for your patience with regards to the media guides. The books have been printed and will be available at Saturday’s game against Army.

For those who pre-ordered, please stop by program stand #1 in section 2, where there will be a list of those who have already purchased the guides. Please bring ID and present it to the program seller to get your media guide.

For those unable to attend Saturday’s game, we will put the guides in the mail early next week. Feel free to share this information as we were unable to capture the e-mail addresses of all those who pre-ordered.

We appreciate your patience and hope to see you at the Field House on Saturday night. Go Engineers! – Kevin

Kevin Beattie G'05
                      Associate Athletic Director for Communications & Compliance
                      Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
                      AS+RC
                      110 8th Street
                      Troy, N.Y. 12180
                      (518) 276-2187
                      www.rpiathletics.com
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        I see promise in this team. I can't wait til the Spring so I can see them in person again. Black Friday should be a great test. Yale has done well in their two tests, so far, but RPI has come out pumped up for the start of the ECAC season.

On another note: have any of you heard of a "halftime" cheer? I know we count down for the end of a penalty, but I don't remember announcing halftime during any of the games. RIT claims that we've done this before here. Anyone?
                        Back in the 80's and 90's there was always a group at the top of section 6 that did the Halftime Countdown at HFH. I always thought it was kind of stupid
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

Burgie: I think it's more of a townie-side thing as opposed to the students. I'm no expert because when the puck is live, I'm dialed in to play on the ice.... I'll stand corrected, but I believe when the game is exactly 1/2 way over the crowd cheers "Halftime !..... And Clarkson STILL SUKZ" (spelling altered to avoid USCHO police ) ! :
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Burgie: I think it's more of a townie-side thing as opposed to the students. I'm no expert because when the puck is live, I'm dialed in to play on the ice.... I'll stand corrected, but I believe when the game is exactly 1/2 way over the crowd cheers "Halftime !..... And Clarkson STILL SUKZ" (spelling altered to avoid USCHO police ) ! :
                            Well... sort of. The halftime cheer has come and gone in and out of style in the RPI pep band. While I was there, we would have 1 group of band members who would instigate others by being diligent with shouting "HALF TIME!" at the 10:00 minute mark of the second period. Most of the band would reply in kind with "STUPIIIIIIIIID CHEER!" By the time I graduated, you never heard the first part without the response. Call-and-answer style. It's done mainly now as a tongue-in-cheek tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Seth read the boards in Denver, but he was an assistant then....

Comment

Working...
                              X