X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Me too. I don't think that we will see Halpern this weekend. I think that Vassel and Morissette will be in the lineup, although it could be Watts instead of Morissette. I also think that Smith will remain in the lineup.
    I'd forgotten about Watts. Whoops. I think Smith stays in the lineup regardless, it's Halpern's spot I think gets changed up potentially. I'd bet that a few of those guys are busting their tails in practice this week to see who gets the call.

With speed being an issue with Yale, this is why I'd suspect Morrissette getting the nod at least on Friday.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Yep, we're screwed.
      Thats the spirit.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Seriously WS..... I know we believe in Seth Appert, but not in the team? If we can win at Messa without Tyler, I think we have the ability to also win at HFH. Yes I'd like to see him healthy, but we gotta play the cards we have in this game. Look for Chase's other wing to step up and tally some points.

I won a bet on our power play last year. I have no shame in making any more bets on the success of RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Seriously WS..... I know we believe in Seth Appert, but not in the team? If we can win at Messa without Tyler, I think we have the ability to also win at HFH. Yes I'd like to see him healthy, but we gotta play the cards we have in this game. Look for Chase's other wing to step up and tally some points.

I won a bet on our power play last year. I have no shame in making any more bets on the success of RPI.
          Ed Weaver wrote in today's Record http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...b482025752.txt that Polacek will be on a line with Cullen and Halpern, neither of whom have registered a point yet this season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Hockey's Future: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ebook_october/
            NHL prospects engineering success for RPI

RPI is off to a good start to their 2009-10 campaign with a 4-3-1 record. And it is their best start since their 5-2-0 start back in the 2007-08 season.

Much of the Engineers’ early season success has been thanks in large part to four of their six NHL prospects. And none have been as crucial to that success as sophomore Allen York (CBJ). The netminder from Westaskwin, AB has appeared in seven games to date, posting a 3-2-1 record. One of York’s most memorable games came back on Oct. 17 when he stopped 33 of 34 shots to gain a tie with Alaska in the Brice Gold Rush tournament in Fairbanks. RPI is also the only team thus far that Alaska has faced that they did not defeat.

Sophomore Mike Bergin (DAL) has returned to the RPI lineup looking better than ever after missing much of last season with an injury. He has appeared in all eight games to date. His five points (two goals, three assists) currently leads the Engineers in defenseman scoring.

A pair of highly touted freshmen in Brandon Pirri (CHI) and Jerry D’Amigo (TOR) round out the group. Both have lived up to their billing and have been keys to the much-improved RPI offense this season. Pirri leads RPI in rookie scoring with seven points (four goals, three assists). His four-point weekend versus Sacred Heart and AIC back on Oct. 23 and 24 earned him his first ECAC Rookie of the Week honor. D’Amigo follows Pirri with six points (two goals, four assists). Both of his goals have come on the power play. The two rookies have appeared in all eight games.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

I was kidding FD. I have been pleasantly surprised by the determination and grit the team has shown in the early going. Even in the games they've lost, they haven't quit and that shows me there is a new attitude and the kids are responding to higher expectations.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I think it was asked before if the team that Bob Brinkworth coaches, the Florida Gulf Coast University club team, will be in attendance on Saturday since they will be playing in the CD four games starting this evening at a tournament hosted by Siena. They will indeed be at the HFH according to this article http://www.fgcuicehockey.com/news_oc...worth-rpi.html.

BTW, the FGCU club team soundly beat the RPI club team recently according to this other article http://www.fgcuicehockey.com/news_oct19-09_rpi.html. I am used to seeing "Renssalaer," but "Politechnic"?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver wrote in today's Record http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...b482025752.txt that Polacek will be on a line with Cullen and Halpern, neither of whom have registered a point yet this season.
                  Thomas Vanek and Derek Roy were overdue for Buffalo last night, and look what happened for them!

Give it time and patience. Their place in the sun will come.

Comment

I rec'd the RPI media guide in the mail today. Very nice. Kudos to Kevin Beattie and his S.I. team -- a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I rec'd the RPI media guide in the mail today. Very nice. Kudos to Kevin Beattie and his S.I. team -- a job well done.
                      I received it yesterday.
                      And DrD said he received it a day before that.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received it yesterday.
                        And DrD said he received it a day before that.
                        So either the Albany mail service is extremely bad, or they mailed the out of town stuff first...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          So either the Albany mail service is extremely bad, or they mailed the out of town stuff first...
                          I think I pestered Kevin so much he just wanted to be sure to get me off his back I have to read the Guide and look for the usual misprints and report back to him. A quick perusal though makes me think they did a real good job this year.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 11-06-2009, 03:28 PM.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            I think I pestered keving so much he just wanted to be sure to get me off his back I have to read the Guide and look for the usual misprints and report back to him. A quick perusal though makes me think they did a real good job this year.
                            I noticed that on the list of forwards on page 17, O'Grady is missing, and there is some guy named D'Amingo.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I noticed that on the list of forwards on page 17, O'Grady is missing, and there is some guy named D'Amingo.
                              I usually find some misprints in the stats that they have for some of the long ago players. Sometimes the years are incorrect also. Whe I do find these things, I e mail Kevin and he directs it to the right place. I shall be reading my copy tomorrow.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just a fun game tonight. The engineers looked real good after 2 but the 1st half ot the 3rd they looked awful, the line changes ughhh! buttttt then angers gooooloush put the puck on Pirrirrrrrrrri stick and he buried it high finially someone who can finish a play.
                                Nice, great save by York with like 6 minutes 1 on 0 he made a right leg pad save that was great

I wish I picked the engineers to finish higher than 4th in the ecac

Comment

Working...
                                X