X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I just try to call them the way I see them. Agree 100% with your thoughts in this post. We seem tomatch up well with some teams-but when we get the bigger and stronger squads-we get pushed around quite a bit. This may be why we seem so fragile this year-lots more injuries than one would expect. We do have a load of talent on this team-but they have to stay healthy.
    I agree with both you and WS...Problem is we have no size coming in at least for 2 years...I submit that the players we have w/size start playing a little tougher.Merth is much improved in his play this year,but seems to have lost his edge.......Burghdorfer seems very tentative possibly because of his past history in the penalty department..And if you watch Jeff Foss he doesn't like to hit and really doesn't like to get hit!!!!! to the point where you could use the "P"(and I don't mean a cat) word.These guys need to get meaner !!!! ASAP !!!!!!
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      I agree with both you and WS...Problem is we have no size coming in at least for 2 years...I submit that the players we have w/size start playing a little tougher.Merth is much improved in his play this year,but seems to have lost his edge.......Burghdorfer seems very tentative possibly because of his past history in the penalty department..And if you watch Jeff Foss he doesn't like to hit and really doesn't like to get hit!!!!! to the point where you could use the "P"(and I don't mean a cat) word.These guys need to get meaner !!!! ASAP !!!!!!
      I can't disagree with any of this. That said, when Brutlag head butts a guy after the whistle, then we've swung too much toward the lack of discipline days of old, as we have all witnessed. If instead, Brian had done that to a guy trying to burying a rebound, I'd be singing his praises.

I'm OK with defenceman choosing their spots, and erring the side on making good positional decisions over getting out of position to pop someone. But there has indeed been far too much free skating in front of own net. Bodies should be flying when an opponent is digging for a puck in front of our keeper.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given the lack of a day to day D coach after Kurulak left. Add in Bergin's injury causing a shake up in the D pairings, leading to more adjustments. I'm sure Coach Vines is quickly getting in the groove and will get them tuned up for the heart of league play.

I know Appert and company our fanatic users of video review and game clips. The players routinely receive game clips just hours after games have ended. They know the areas needing improvement. I'm sure these guys are watching film in their sleep.
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-30-2009, 08:01 PM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...4539258133.txt
        Jerry D’Amigo told coach Seth Appert on Monday, “I’m playing Friday night, coach.”
        However, apparently, he won't.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jerry D'Amigo: Balls. Big brass ones.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
            I think that he feels that if he isn't playing for RPI, he won't be picked for the junior tourney.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wow, is this a sign of our frosh wanting to play or what..... obviously sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, but DANG.....

Comment

I like Jerry's attitude, but he has to realize that playing this weekend could cause him to miss a lot more than a spot on a national team.
                He should sit down with Helfrich and ask him what happens if you return too soon.
                I like the way Appert handles these situations. The player needs to heal before he can help anyone.
                I hope D'Amigo is healthy enought to play and gets his wish, but if it is not to be, he should thank the coaches for looking out for his long term health.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  I would sit out with a hangnail If indeed this is an MCL sprain of any degree-the minimum he should be out is 2 weeks. No ligament sprain can heal fast enough for him to risk reinjury within a week. But I must say I agree GLM-that shows Balls and Heart and I am very glad to have him representing RPI.
                  Last edited by DrDemento; 12-01-2009, 11:25 AM.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Maybe some mind games going on here against The Joker?
                    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I think that he feels that if he isn't playing for RPI, he won't be picked for the junior tourney.
                      The WJC is on his mind for sure, but is not his primary motivation, IMO. Jerry is a team guy, a leader. He knows how big this weekend is and wants to be on the ice to help his team.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I would sit out with a hangnail If indeed this is an MCL sprain of any degree-the minimum he should be out is 2 weeks. No ligament sprain can heal fast enough for him to risk reinjury within a week. But I must say I agree GLM-that shows Balls and Heart and I am very glad to have him representing RPI.
                        I love this kid. I would take an entire team of this attitude in a heartbeat. That being said, he should sit and not risk a more serious injury. Take a look at CJ Lee - I thought he was skating tentatively during the warmups on Friday night and then out of the line up for Saturday. I would have for him, or for Jerry, to reinjure or make an existing injury more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                          I love this kid. I would take an entire team of this attitude in a heartbeat. That being said, he should sit and not risk a more serious injury. Take a look at CJ Lee - I thought he was skating tentatively during the warmups on Friday night and then out of the line up for Saturday. I would have for him, or for Jerry, to reinjure or make an existing injury more serious.
                          D'Amigo reminds me of John Carter, from the '85 title team. He is tough, plays with passion and has that extra gear when he has the puck and just one guy to beat to get to the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            Kennedy has become a solid defenseman. He can skate, handle the puck and hit when needed. The key is Bergin. He is as good a D as RPI has had in a long time. It is painfully obvious just how much they miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                              Lee was slashed in the wrist by Kyle Rank on Friday. Pretty sure that's unrelated to the original injury.
                              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                                Lee was slashed in the wrist by Kyle Rank on Friday. Pretty sure that's unrelated to the original injury.
                                OK - I was unaware and should not have assumed that his being out was related to his original injury. I really like CJ as well and has thought that he has flown under the radar relative to the other frosh, but early in the season he was very very strong and played like a force. Pirri is a sniper, but to me D'Amigo is the man...he brings his hard hat, his lunch pail, and as someone else noted his brass balls, and just goes to the net. He mixes it up and goes hard and strong to the corners and net. Not having either of these guys this weekend will hurt...but that's temporary. I still need sunglasses because of the future with this team and program.

Comment

Working...
                                X